“We would not recommend this hotel!”
Review of Cihampelas Hotel 2

Cihampelas Hotel 2
Ranked #120 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“We would not recommend this hotel!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

To start positive: breakfast was good (toast, rice, eggs, thee, water and coffee), staff was friendly and helpful, and location hotel was excellent. However, rooms were smelly, noisy and not clean. We stayed at two different rooms because we had to extent our stay. Both rooms had a bathroom with a strange and bad smell (we had to keep the door closed and the vetilation on!). The rooms were noisy because one of our rooms was directly located at the very busy street. Also the bathroom and room were not very clean (strange buggs at the shower drain) also one night we came back to our room and found 5 cockroaches (!), after we complained at the reception on of the staff members used a bug spray in our room but left the five cockroaches for us to clean up. Altogether we would not recommend hotel, if you pay a little bit more there a better accomodations nearby! Tip to the staff: improve intercommunication.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was the only choice that I had when visiting Bandung on 5 July 2013 because other hotels had already been fully booked. It is located in a strategic area of Cihampelas which is very close to Ciwalk.

When I first got to the hotel, I said to myself that the hotel was OK for a one night stay. I was given a lower ground room which was quite big and comfortable. The bathroom was just OK with its cold and hot water.

However, five minutes after I got to my hotel room, there was such a disaster. NO TELEPHONE SIGNAL!!! For a person who uses a smartphone and computer a lot, it was quite a nightmare. I called the receptionist whether it was possible for me to move to the ground floor room, but she said there was no more room available. OMG. In front of my room there was a wifi router, but the signal strength was very poor. I had to stay in the lounge for more than 2 hours just to get signals to make important calls and sms.

Please improve.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice budget hotel right in the centre of Jalan cihmapelas. Great if you just want a place to rest for the night. Its about 10 minutes walk to a very nice shopping centre, Chiwalk. At Chiwalk you can find all the usual Kentucky Chicken, PizzaHut, Wendy's, Breadtalk outlets. A local eatery called Tong Tong serves nice Indonesian dishes at very reasonable price. Many dishes are at US$3 each or less. There is also a very nice supermarket and cinema.

For the price, the hotel is very basic. Rooms are small but reasonably clean. Staff are always very helpful. There is free and fast Wi-Fi at the lobby. The free breakfast is minimal but ok.

They also provide free airport pickup and departure. Many hotels double its price dont even provide one way airport pickup.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms facing the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Since the hotel included free hotel pick-up, I made sure to let them know two days in advance about our flight details. They never replied and nobody showed up at the airport to pick us up. However, when I showed them dissatisfied the taxi voucher, they actually refunded the cost. Their explanation was that no driver was available.
The drop-of early in the morning at the train station, also included in the hotel cost, was great.
The standard room we booked was really not that great and only acceptable for a short stay. The room was actually two floors below the reception and thus far underground. The bathroom at night was visited by two cockroaches and the room had an overall bad smell.
However, the Wi-Fi worked well and things could have been worse.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel ( a bit run-down) is walking distance to the CiWalk Mall and rumah Mode and its nearby F.O.S
Its a convenient location to get on n off the Angkut (the mini buses that ply the city).
Plenty of decent eating places at the CiWalk Mall.
One can use the Angkut to get to Pasar Baru.
For travellers willing to walk, this is a good location.So do check out the other amenities the hotel is offering budget travellers.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back (not front), to minimise noise from endless traffic. For muslim guests, a sma...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I got a seminar in Bandung, so I booked a few days in Cihampelas 2 Hotel with ibu Dewi. It's easy and smooth. Ibu Dewi understand that I will coming in 12:00 and she welcomed me.

I went there in 01:00 pm and my room is 401 (actually lobby is third floor), so my floor (4th) is the second floor if we count from the lobby.

My room is nice. This is the pros aspects:
1. Clean. The bed, the floor, the bathroom, the towel is clean. I like it

2. The internet WIFI is VERY VERY FAST! It's very additional value for me!

3. I love coffee so much and there's a water heater in the table, with sachets of coffee, sugar and milk. It's wonderful for me.

4. Television is good and it has an abundance of cable tv (HBO). I don't like watch tv in my trip but for some people it's so important.

5. The telephone is work well.

6. My room have 2 windows and can be open well.

7. I bring a car and think the security officer take care of my car every night. That's good

Okay, so I will tell you about the cons aspect:
1. You know that every mosque has a minaret? Yes! There's a minaret near my room and I don't know why it's speaker is toward to my room and...every time they pry, it's so damn loud! I don't know why it can be happened but it does.

2. The breakfast is same day by day (I stayed for 3 days and for whole days, the breakfast is same...fried rice with a noodle). Is there no bacon here?

3. Sometimes, there's a visitor from (I can't speak here) and they talked very loud. I don't know why they have to show up their voice, but I informed the front officer and they warned these crazy visitors to lower theirs.

4. There's a hot water in the shower, but I have to wait 2 minutes until the hot water came out. But it's okay, I have many activities with my girl anyway....(have I told this chapter? Xixixixi...)

4. The front desk girls is not so beautiful...(is this a cons proints too? Huawhahahahaha...)

Okay...overall, this hotel is okay, you pay 25 USD/daily for a nice-standard hotel room is fair enough in my perspective.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank resa_anasto
Padangpandjang, Sumatera Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've got this hotel from the reference of my friend. We went to Bandung by a shuttle from Jakarta and the staff of the hotel picked my up at the shuttle station. After we arrived and check in at the reception, they arrange us for city tours at the same day. So the hotel arrange us to go to Kawah Putih and the Lake in the south of Bandung. At the next day, we bought the Trans Studio ticket at the hotel and they took us there for free because we bought it there. At the last day, they also took us to the shuttle station on Jalan Pasteur. The services are excellent..!! They arrange everything for us during our trip.

Room Tip: Choose near the lobby so you can discuss easily about your trip to the staff of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends