“Charming place for a huge restaurant, but crispy duck?”
Review of Bebek Bengil

Bebek Bengil
Ranked #221 of 790 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Reviewed February 12, 2014

First, I must be honest, and say we never ate here. The place is huge, but rambling and divided into numerous rooms, which are quite attractive and belie its size. We walked through to check it out, because we love duck. We looked at the kitchen, and the plates as they were being served up. Crispy duck means deep fried duck. If that's what you want, this place might be for you, especially if you like a kitchen operating on an industrial scale. It was not what we were looking for, so we moved on.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a wonderful location, and cuisine. But honestly after eating Chinese duck in sydney and Hong Kong , I was disappointed that the ducks are skinny and a half duck traditional style equals about 3 mouthfuls, the rest is deep toasted bones.well yes ok it is tasty but just not enough of it , I had mind with potatoes , that needed more cooking . I had a glass of Indo white wine which was marginally acceptable to wash it down with , the gado gado is very tasty and theoretic is good IDE go for that cause you won't be full with just the quack ...it's the second visit ...

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Located in the heart of Ubud, Bebek Bengil (means Dirty Duck) offer the beautiful rice field view in their restaurant. One of their best and must try menu is Crispy duck, served with Balinese sauce. It's delicious. The service was good.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

this was my second visit to Bebek Bengil Ubud. I've been there before in 2008 and I went back to witness the best duck in town. The staffs are super friendly, the price is affordable and worth every penny, the place is super comfie and the view won't take your eyes anywhere.
but the duck, the duck got 6 out of my 10. beside the overrated portion, I thought I could've tasted better. It was ok, but "ok" won't satisfy you enough and it's so anticlimax for my own opinion.
The other dishes such chicken steak and the shrimp with mashed potato could steal the spotlight and they did!

however, if you've never been there, that place worth a try!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Service was great, romantic views and open layout. Loved all of the food we ordered, the famous crispy duck and the barbecue pork ribs..it was our first meal in bali and perhaps thats why but we felt it was our best.

Been to Bebek Bengil? Share your experiences!