“Liked the duck, nice place”
Review of Bebek Bengil

Bebek Bengil
Ranked #224 of 754 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Singapore
“Liked the duck, nice place”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The ducks were nice, a tad too small and not meaty in my opinion but it tasted good. I've not tasted any other Balinese Duck so I cannot compared.

The sate tasted good too, with big chunks of chicken meat and i loved the sauce.

The Gado Gado is unimpressive and can be missed.

Despite what was said about the staff and service level, I fortunately had a good experience. We did not have to wait long for the food to be served, and also the staff were attentive when we wanted to order a second round of drinks.

Would I go to Bebek Bengil again? Maybe yes, maybe not. I liked the duck but not sure if it was worth the price. It was too expensive in my opinion in comparison to everything else in Bali.

It was dark when we arrived so I did not get to see the great padi fields view, but the whole Bebek Bengil place is extremely large and a nice place to hang out.

• Visited September 2011

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and not worth the hype”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Went here during our honeymoon after reading about it in guides. On arrival we were shown to the worst part of the restaurant at the back. The service we received was very slow and unfriendly.

When the famous "smoked duck" arrived it was safe to say that our duck hadn't been given a good meal before it's demise as we struggled to find any meat. To top it all off my wife became very ill after eating here. All in all this restaurant unfortunately didn't live up to the good reputation given to it by the tourist guides.

washington
“Poor service, over rated”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

we hit this place during Idl Fitri week so not sure if it was unusual, but the service was excruciatingly slow - people were complaining all around us. it is not a romantic place to go to at all. more like a large family/groups of chinese who enjoy crispy duck a lot. We ate quickly and got out of there. Will not return. There are other options that are nicer, better food in Ubud.

2 Thank BuleGringo
“Great food and nice setting. A must try”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is the most popular restaurant in Ubud. It a long drive up the narrow streets of Bali but the food make it all worth it. I would suggest ordering their famous dirty duck, ribs, and duck salad. Every meal was tasty and I got to sample more than half the menu cause my family and relatives took up 4 big tables.
I would suggest staying away from the Balinese margarita unless you like the taste of todi. The setting of the rice padi field in the backdrop make it an interesting setting.
A must try and for those staying in Ubud, perhaps you should try it twice.

Sydney
“Dried dirty duck”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I went there with my husband for a dinner in Aug 2011. My Indonesian friend recommended few restaurants in Ubud and I must say this is the worst restaurant we have visited. The restaurant is so busy so we had to seat inside near the casher. We ordered the special dish which come with half duck and rice with 2 different saurces. The duck was so dry, even meat was dry so not much to eat. Even taste is not that special. It was just a very dry cripy thin duck dish. I dont reccommend this place. Oh another thing, our bill was 215000 RP and I paid 300000 to a waitress but no change was given. I know it is not much reallty but at least they have to give the change back.

• Visited August 2011

Been to Bebek Bengil? Share your experiences!