“Lovely escape!”

Garden View Cottage
Ranked #139 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed October 12, 2013

As a young couple needing a cheap escape this was perfect for us. The shower was working with hot water and thats all we wanted! The air conditioner was great and the hotel in a quiet street away from the motorbike noise of the main streets. Fresh towels and flowers everyday with a great view. The hotel is very quiet which added to the feeling of having a private get-away. Loved it!

Room Tip: Book an upstairs room and dont walk back to the hotel through the monkey forest at night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sardevil

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at Garden view because I like this area of Ubud, but truthfully the places I really wanted to be were booked. This is an OK hotel. It could be a lot better if only the bathrooms were up to standard. The staff are all really lovely and friendly, and seem to enjoy their jobs. The hotel is older, but has a good swimming pool and beautiful grounds with lots of mature trees and gorgeous flowers. The second-floor room was quite nice, and the large balcony with daybed and jungle view was private and relaxing, however the bathrooms could be much better and cleaner. Very weak water pressure, no shower curtain, a grungy tub, and a dirty drain in the corner of the floor were all unappealing. It’s too bad, because otherwise this is a nice place to stay. The rest of the room seemed relatively clean. It’s fairly cheap, but for just a little bit more there are superior options elsewhere. If you’re not picky about bathrooms and want to be in this area, it’s not the worst you could do in Ubud.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Taryn M
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Well as per my previous review my expectations were high. Way too high. I was so disappointed with this place that I cut short my stay. Where do I start! The overhead fan was broken so had to use the air-conditioner that only had an on or off setting, no just fan. The bed had a piece of plywood under the mattress that creaked and cracked every time you moved. There was a power point hanging dangerously out of the wall in the bathroom. Black mould around the shower and the toilet looked and smelt like it had never been touched with bleach! Forget the in room wifi, if you can get a connection to even send an email you are winning. This sends you down to pay for the computers in the foyer. Pluses ... The gardens are beautiful. The property is set right back from the road. The staff are all very friendly and likeable. This just did not weigh in against the negatives for me. Very disappointed.

Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Steve JW R
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a pre stay post. I thought I would share my experiences before checkin, my perceptions before and then compare with my actual experience. I found the Garden View on Trip Advisor. I was looking for a quiet place close to the Ubud sanctuary that I will be attending for three weeks. I was looking for an economical place to say and I believe this bungalow ticks the boxes without sacrificing comfort. I will share more as my stay in Ubud progresses, further to my experiences in Singapore.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a nice little hotel with rooms with rooms with air conditioning, free wifi and friendly staff, The Bath room was old, but things was working. There was a nice view form the room, that had a small balcony. The Hotel had a nice little pool, It server a nice breakfirst and was a good hotel considering the price :o)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mikkel S
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

No roosters so the mornings are quiet. Breakfast is great. Staff is superb. Rainy season makes the pool a little murky. Other than that its all you need to relax in a tropical paradise. Not a lot of traffic and off the main tourist paths so you don't get hassled like most of Ubud.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed for 5 days in October. I love to stay in the Nyuh Kuning area. It is a beautiful walk into Ubud and away from all the business. Because I booked in the last minute, not much was available during this time, so I ended up in Garden View. The Balcony and the view were great.The room was ok. The bathroom was terrrible.I dont know why, but in general the place had a sad feeling to it and needs an Uplift. The staff was nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo