See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I regret to stay here. Rat nibbled my bag. There is a hole in my bag.. my bag price was almost 200 dollors. staff said that i will call manager. and he disappeared.

If u want your travel to be horrible, stay here.
Rat will nibble your bag and anything.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Swam_Dewa, Guest Relations Manager at JUKUNG Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Dear myongjink939, thanks for your review. We were really sorry of what happened so terrible during your stay. We saw together that your bag filled of dry noodles almost the whole bag. We do not allow guest to keep or eat on room, we have custom area on 1st floor and also big enough refrigerator to keep your food during your stay. Please use them. Rats are handled well and we promise at least they do not come to room again. We follow territorial from many source included searching over internet how to resolve the rats issue. Please do not hesitate to come and stay with us again. Hope you always have a great time during your traveling. Regards, Jukung Hostel.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

I was disappointed with this hostel after having read such great reviews.

Good place for solo travellers and the interior decor is super cool however there was one major issue...rats!

If you're afraid of big rodents, kinda the size of a small cat I'd highly recommend avoiding. My friend woke up in the middle of the night to rats running on the railings just above her head. When she addressed it with the staff they were disinterested until she escalated via booking.com.

Rooms are also pretty dark and there's limited chill out space. Very cheap but comes at a price!

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank aimeelou26

Dear Aimee L, thanks for the both positive and negative points of your review. We were really sorry of the rats issue happened to your friend during your stay. We improve daily our handling issue procedure. We searched from many sources included over internet on how to resolve and handling this issue. We promise for a better and comfortable staying in future. Please do not ignore our hostel. We love everyone all over the world to stay with us. Hope you all always have a great moment during your holiday. Regards, Jukung Hostel.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

6 bed dorms with AC, private hot shower.
The staff is very nice
Have laundry service
They clean the room everyday.

For attractions: you hace plenty of agencies around.

Mt. Batur costs here 350k and I found in 300k outside.

I recommend it!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

The hostel is in a beautiful building with lots of charm where everything looks like its been designed with love. That is the only thing that stopped me giving the place a 1 star review. We stayed 2 nights and while we were there 2 very young men were in charge. All they wanted to do was sit around smoking, playing on their phones with their headphones in. They were nice and good at check in and breakfast, but apart from that they couldn't give a damn about doing even the minimum work their job involved. We waited for about an hour to check in as it was cleaning time- fair enough. However when we got to the room it smelt bad and the bathroom had not been properly cleaned. The bin was almost full of loo roll, the towel rack was covered in dust, rust in the bath and an old plaster on the side. The blankets we were given didn't smell like they had been washed and they were crusty in places. However the rest of the bedding was fresh. The next day after cleaning had apparently been done, I went to use the bathroom and it was in an even worse state. Not cleaned, the bin was overflowing and there was no loo paper. I went and said the bathroom had not been cleaned, that the bin needed emptying and there was no toilet paper. He came up with a brush that he didn't use and emptied the bin. That was all he did. I waited a while and then asked for toilet paper again and was given some to take up. I decided to clean a bit myself and get the dust off the towel rack. When we left this morning the dirty plaster was still beside the bath and there was a dead cockroach at the breakfast table. However some more staff had arrived and they looked like they were more committed to the job. It's a shame that they left the others in charge to let the place become a mess. I hope they can talk to the 2 guys and make sure they do their job next time.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Swam_Dewa, Owner at JUKUNG Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2017

Dear Felicity W, thanks for your attention and review. we improve our cleaning operation daily by read our customer review and react to solve its problem. The pictures show on here are not on our room but one of our additional bathroom near the kitchen area on 1st floor. Each room has one bathroom and 2 other additional outside your room. During your stay there were 2 staffs which one is senior staff and other is trainee. They been order to do everything the best and hope for the better future service. We were realy sorry if they or our services did not fit your need.

Reviewed May 19, 2017

The hostel has a great location on the main road ( Jl. Monkey Forest) 2 minutes to Ubud palace, 10 minutes to Monkey forest. Despite this central busy location the hostel is peaceful as it is inside courtyard. Only in the morning you can hear barking the dogs from the courtyard.

Rooms with a great bathroom for each dorm, very clean and big. Beds specious, super comfy with pillow and blanket, reading lamp, sockets, a big personal locker and a curtain to have some privacy and keep out light. And well working air conditioning. The WIFI can reach not only the common room but also the dorm rooms and works well.

The interior has a nice funky design. The room rates included the pancake breakfast (one of the best I had in Indonesia) with tea/coffee. The barrel water or filtrated water available. Very nice touch as the shops in Ubud (at least Monkey forest road) sell the water for realy high price.

I agree with some reviews that some of the staff does not speak well English so I was not able to get a city maps, some detailed info or further info on the tours. I just shopped for the tours somewhere else. Luckily in the front of the hostel you can find a small tourist office stand, so no big hassle for me. But I prefer to buy the tours in hostel where I stay if possible and offer is interesting.

I enjoyed my 3 nights in this hostel.

Date of stay: April 2017