Tripadvisor
Ubud
All reviews water features chinese wedding homemade yogurt pieces of art staff for making my stay professional massage small library balinese accommodation genuine balinese hospitality love staying the main street rendang manicure and pedicure airport shuttle rice field walks perfect oasis stray dogs
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We chose Muni's because her Houses could accomodate a family of three and the high TripAdvisor score. There was an instant professionalism and we were emailed almost right away. Our hostess arranged a driver to pick us up from our first hotel and we were charged for our transport at Indonesian rates as opposed to European. We continued to book their friendly drivers throughout our stay whom were excellent in advising us where to go, where to eat and so on. Our breakfast was included and although we were not especially enamoured with the food, it was delivered to our veranda. We ordered twice in the evening simply for convenience. The bathroom could be improved with a tiled outdoor shower and rooms with air-conditioning are aways preferable.

My brothers room was lovely with a fabulous Indonesian bed. His room had a great bookshelf and a radio. The mini-bar was filled everyday and our favourite lager Bintang was available in small or large bottles at a great price. The atmosphere is incredible and you can hear the bustling Ubud only a few minutes walk away. I myself didn't use the pool but my brother and six-year-old son loved it, it appeared rather Romanesque.

We loved Ubud, Bali and would definitely return to Indonesia to take in more. Could you get enough? I doubt it! This place is perfect and probably the best value for money of anywhere I've travelled. I have now visited 43 countries worldwide and this experience was by far in the top three.

Date of stay: December 2019
Murni W, Owner at Murni's Houses & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you and your family had a fantastic stay and our friendly drivers gave you such great service. We pick them with care and test and use them ourselves, so we know they are good. It's wonderful to hear that this place is perfect and probably the best value for money of anywhere you/ve travelled, especially as you are so well travelled in 43 countries. I hope that you'll all be able to return. Best wishes, Murni

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful visit. Rooms very spacious. Very clean and tidy. Thorough cleaning every day. We were a group of 13 (7 adults, 6 children - 2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 12 years). From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome. Murni is wonderful. Makes her presence and availability known to all her guests. Breakfast was excellent. Pool was a godsend at the end of our days of touring the countryside and walking in Ubud. Murni generously lent us her driver to take us to the local clinic when one of us needed medical attention. The driver waited and returned us to the accommodation. The spa treatments we treated ourselves to were excellent. When we did not want to go out for the evening we ordered meals from Murni's Warung and were served to us by the staff at the accommodation.
All staff were lovely (as all Balinese are). They did brilliantly to cope with a party our size and never once look stressed or loose their cool.
A special thankyou to Jonathan who we began to deal with even before we left Australia. Jonathan organised a driver with a bus big enough for 13 plus luggage to pick us up from the airport. We were able then to use him on other occassions. He also organised day trips for us, including the Kintamani to Ubud bike ride which was everyone's hightlight of our trip. Murni and Jonathon have a brilliant knowledge of the area. Thanks to both of you and your wonderful staff for making our stay in Ubud so special.

Room tip: Make the most of the peaceful grounds.
Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for the great review. I'm delighted that you all had a wonderful time at Murni's Houses - and enjoyed Tamarind Spa and Murni's Warung. It was a pleasure having you all stay here, and we're hoping that you'll be able to visit again. Please say hi to everyone. Best wishes, Murni

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Staying at Murni’s House elevated my family’s whole experience in Bali in another level. In the past, we stayed at Four Season Jimberan. But in Murni’s House, we experience the connection to the local people, the personal services, the authentic Balinese architecture , art & the hospitality. We stayed in 2 bedrooms House 1. It has beautiful facade & living room with day bed in addition to 2 bedrooms. We met Mrs. Murni & had good conversation with her and she even shared her homemade delicious ceremony sweets with us...fried banana & cakes that we had never tried before. The breakfast was delicious, even though I did not think I would enjoy the western breakfast. The homemade yogurt on fruits & homemade jam were yummy. I love all the stone carving display at the compound and Mrs. Murni was kind enough to help me to contact the stone carver. I bought mangosteens from market & staff member was more than happy to help us cut. Initially we booked our first 3 nights there & moved around, to Alaya , to Indigo in Seminyak, to Marriott near Borobudur, when returned my husband insisted we should move back to Murni’s House for the rest of our vacation especially when he was going to return to US first. In addition, Murni’s Warung is nearby ( great food) & award winning spa is located within the compound. I had Yuda( hopefully the right spelling) for my Balinese massage and was amazing. Finally, we met Johnathan and again he was very helpful. The whole experience gave us a local & personal touch of Ubud, Bali. We will definitely return again and plan to bring our extended family for reunion.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Murni W, Owner at Murni's Houses & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Hi Cindy Thank you for the fantastic review. It was great having you and your family stay at Murni's Houses & Spa - both times! I'm delighted that you all enjoyed it so much - as well as Murni's Warung and Tamarind Spa. We're looking forward to seeing you again and meeting more of your family. Best wishes, Murni

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Best , best, best place to stay in Ubud. The location is central, staff are top notch, the rounds and villa's are truly wonderful, and, of course, Murni is there to meet you and talk to you. You feel like Murni's home is your home.

We loved having Murni's restaurant deliver dinners on our veranda. Breakfast was available both in their dining area or on our veranda.

Drivers and personal tour guides were available and met you at the property. Dance performances were with walking distance and lots of restaurants, shops, "C" stores, and a pharmacy close by - and - the famous "Ridge Walk" was just across the street!!.

What makes Murni's so unique and desirable is that, even though located near the street, you do not hear any traffic or club sounds - located in the forest, you only hear the birds and fountains on the property. Wow. Like your own retreat!

1  Thank 18randallb
Murni W, Owner at Murni's Houses & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Hi Randall
Thank you for your great review and for staying at Murni's Houses & Spa for 2 weeks. I'm delighted that you both loved it so much. It was a pleasure having you stay with us - and it will be great if you can return in July. We are incredibly lucky to be in such a convenient location, where you can walk everywhere - and still be quiet. We're looking forward to seeing you again.
Best wishes,
Murni.

Reviewed December 28, 2019

Murni's is stunning down to every detail. It's location is well-suited for adventures around the island. The best part of staying at Murni's was meeting Sudi, who became our trip-long driver and guide. Sudi's genuine kindness and love for adventure, and good humor, made our trip magical. He was also always there ready to help us, from 4am drives to the airport to late afternoon adventures through the rainy rice terraces. What a superb choice of accommodation, thanks Murni!

Room tip: Best landscaping ever, incredible views, convenient location.
Date of stay: December 2019
Murni W, Owner at Murni's Houses & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2019

Hi Stefan

Thank you for staying at Murni's Houses & Spa and the fantastic review. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay - and adventures - so much. I'm delighted that the trip was magical and hope that you're able to stay with us again.

Best wishes,