“Consistent”

Casa Luna Restaurant
Ranked #199 of 861 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casa Luna provides a relaxed, diverse eating experience in the centre of Ubud. The eclectic menu includes Indonesian, Mediterranean, vegetarian and vegan options. Fresh baked pastries and breads, made in the Honeymoon Bakery, are also sold on the premises, as well as, excellent Indonesian coffee.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Generally great meals. The dumplings downstairs are particularly great esp the duck ones. Entertainment downstairs is also good. Mondays in June they had Australian actors performing scenes from plays, screen documentaries and so on. The house wine by the carafe is good value. Sundays are supposed to be all about doughnuts which was a bit of a farce as ordering a doughnut was a long slow ordeal.... KRUSTY says reward the good punish the bad. Verdict: good!

Casa_Luna_Group_team, Owner at Casa Luna Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Moby-Wan, Thanks for your review, I'm delighted you liked our duck dumplings and I'll make sure we improve the doughnut service in future. Janet

Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We ate here for two dinners and a breakfast as it was near where we were staying. Unfortunately the good was not as good as we'd expected although e breakfast was better than the dinner. It wasn't bad - just rather average. The staff all seemed rather unhappy too - not unfriendly, just not really as friendly as other places in ubud. I hate to leave less than happy reviews but I hope the management pick up on the comments and improve things as the setting is good and it could be so much better.

Dear Ginny, Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Casa Luna. We take all comments on board so I will do everything I can to address these issues and keep the staff happy too. Janet

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate at Casa Luna for dinner, and the food was great. We got seated right away, and ordered our food and drinks pretty much immediately. We waited about ten minutes for our drinks and about 40 minutes for our food. To be fair the restaurant was very busy, so I can understand the long wait.

When we got the food, it was pretty fabulous! I ordered the soy glazed chicken with sesame mash and Asian greens and I loved it. My boyfriend ordered the nasi campur and he loved his dish as well, it was packed with flavour. We shared a pizza, and it was more like a pide then a pizza, but still delicious.
We shared a dessert and the black mischief cake is wonderful. It's very chocolatey without being a heavy cake, and I found it delicious.

For three mains (the pizza was a main, but we used it as an entree), two non alcoholic drinks and dessert it cost us around $30 AUD. Good food for a decent price.

Dear Casey, Thank you for indepth review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the food so much and I'm sorry the service was slow. It was a very busy evening but we will do our best to speed up the service in future. Thanks for your sweet compliments, our black mischief cake is a favourite with our guests. Janet

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband and I have been to Ubud 4 times and go to Casa Luna each time. Never disappoints. A couple of years ago we did the Casa Luna cooking class with Janet so we know the dedication that goes into the food.
Good food, good service and good atmosphere.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nice atmosphere great coffee and enjoyed a yummy grilled cheese for breakfast! Went back for dinner and had a delicious meal! Would recommend if you are looking for some great food!