“Absolutely beautiful, exceeded my expectations”
Review of Villa Blanca

Villa Blanca
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa Blanca
Ranked #397 of 598 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed June 27, 2009

My partner and I stayed at Villa Blanca for eight days in June. I hadn`t found many reviews on the villa and was a bit aprehensive. This changed the moment we walked through the front doors. The villa, the views, everything was beautiful. The two house boys cooked lovely breakfasts and the cooks we had for some other meals were exceptional, buying in what ever we wanted. After days out shopping, sightseeing, it was lovely to come back to the quiet and peacefulness of the villa. I must admit the pool was a lot of steps down the hill and back up again but if you spend a few hours there, what does it matter. We will come back! We loved the place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We were meant to stay as a party of 6 (3 couples) but myself and my wife arrived a day earlier than the rest of the party and immediately cancelled the booking. It isn't equipped to handle more than maybe one couple and 2 children. It is very shaded (read gloomy) and the little bit of sun to be found was either out on the track in or alternatively down the 100 or so steps to the pool which is no more than a plunge pool with virtually no room to lay about comfortably and the trip back up is a killer. We checked the cupboards and when we noticed only 2 champagne glasses we asked if we could get some more, no was the answer. I would suggest that this villa is really only suitable for a couple who want to ignore the rest of the world for a couple of days and stay put and meditate. There was a real sense of dreariness that we weren't prepared to subject our fellow travellers with and returned to Seminyak and a sunny, spacious, well appointed villa.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Loved this place. Quiet (a few minutes ride on a dirt road, off the main road) but gorgeous view from bedrooms and swimming pool. Overlooks a river below and some small hills and riec fields across the river. Two attentive helpers look after the place and cook a decent eggs,veg,toast brekkie. Very clean. Taxi to Ubud town with driver to pick up from villa and wait for a few hours about USD10. Note: No internet (but there is cable tv). Not suitable for children - a lot of steps, also lots of steep steps going to the pool.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2007

This place is even better than what the pictures show online. I stayed here the last few nights of an amazing honeymoon and it really put an already fantastic trip over the top. It is just gorgeous and an incredible value (seems too good to be true). The view and the property is fantastic, but what really makes this place unbelievable is that it is staffed by 2 of the most amazing helpers that go out of their way to help you make sure your trip is amazing. They will cook exquisite meals for you at 20% above cost (after 8 or so meals it only cost us around $70). They also were willing to take us into town and show us around at a much better value, and more authentic then anyone we had hired.

I almost didnt want to write this review because it feels like a secret oasis that I wanted to keep to myself, but since I wont be going back to Bali anytime soon.. I figured I'd let it out!

R

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Travlin_Heart