“Very nice and relaxed lunch in the Ubud”

Cafe Wayan & Bakery
Ranked #70 of 810 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Cafe Wayan and Bakery Established in 1986 We are happy to have had so many nice guests come to enjoy our food for over 31 years. Cafe Wayan started as a small warung (a local food stall) where Ibu Wayan sold black rice pudding and coffee to the rice farmers on what has now become Monkey Forest Road. Tourist began walking down "the path" to the Monkey Forest and stopped by for a coffee, snacks or to buy peanuts for the monkeys. Ibu Wayans always love to cook as a child and soon the menu began to expand. Return friends to Ubud began helping with recipes of western dishes as long term visitors and residents sometimes miss their own food too. Ibu Wayan began traveling abroad and learned more western cooking with Chef Joe Schultz of India Joes's restaurant in Santa Cruz, California and also learned the art of Thai cuisine in Bangkok.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

As you see the entrance it seems like a lot of other restaurants, but when you enter you can get lost in a garden with a lot of private settings to eat. A realy very relaxing place to relax and eat.
The service was Ok, as we were there there were just a few clients and a lot of personal.
We had the Tomato Brusceto ,Ceasar salad, The tenderloin Staek witch all were very good,
fresh and well cooked. The best plate however was the Lobster salad very tasty.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were very keen on scenic dining while in Ubud and we loved this place! Cafe Wayan was a very special experience for us with its beautiful surrounds. This place is terrific If you are looking for a stunning Balinese garden dining experience on Monkey Forest Road. My first tip is to ensure you book a table. We turned up for an early meal at 5.30pm and as soon as we got up, a 'reserve' sign was placed on it. My second tip is for you to also experience a rice-field dining experience - We highly recommend the excellent Pissari Bali Cafe on Monkey Forest Road.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

we came at evening and order simple menu Pizza and potato baked. they create such tasty dishes. even i need to eat slowly to enjoy every bite of our meal.. bravo!!!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We always go here when we are in Ubud - you can be sure of a great meal with good service in a lovely setting. There was a bit of a mess up with my booking this time - I emailed before we went as there were 7 of us eating - when we arrived my booking hadn't been recorded but no problem we were accommodated with no fuss. Then my daughter and her friends were REALLY late because she had forgotten the name of the restaurant!! still no problem - we took a table for two because we were not sure if they were coming and when they did eventually arrive we were moved with no fuss to a larger table. Nothing is too much trouble!! We had a lovely dinner together - I recommend Ibu Wayan's special tasting plate if it is available!! YUM!! The next day I received an email from Cafe Wayan apologising for the booking mess-up (after we had been so disorganised too!!) saying that it had been entered for August instead of July as requested and offering me a 10% discount for the rest of the time I was in Ubud as restitution!! Great PR guys - we came again of course!! Keep up the great service - see you next time we are in Ubud!!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The service was outstanding from start to finish at this wonderful place. From the minute they offered to assist with scooter parking to the time we scooted off again, our every wish was catered for.

Hubby had a Crispy Duck that he said was amazing and Mr Sixteen-and-hard-to-please said that his steak was the best he had ever eaten. And he's eaten a million steaks! lol To me it didn't look appealing but he said the flavour was amazing. Not only that but it was cooked exactly as ordered.

I even enjoyed a glass of wine that did not break the bank and tasted good too! Would definately go back again :0)

Been to Cafe Wayan & Bakery? Share your experiences!