“Cafe Wayan has still got it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Wayan & Bakery

Cafe Wayan & Bakery
Ranked #55 of 714 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Cafe Wayan and Bakery Established in 1986 We are happy to have had so many nice guests come to enjoy our food for over 30 years. Cafe Wayan started as a small warung (a local food stall) where Ibu Wayan sold black rice pudding and coffee to the rice farmers on what has now become Monkey Forest Road. Tourist began walking down "the path" to the Monkey Forest and stopped by for a coffee, snacks or to buy peanuts for the monkeys. Ibu Wayans always love to cook as a child and soon the menu began to expand. Return friends to Ubud began helping with recipes of western dishes as long term visitors and residents sometimes miss their own food too. Ibu Wayan began traveling abroad and learned more western cooking with Chef Joe Schultz of India Joes's restaurant in Santa Cruz, California and also learned the art of Thai cuisine in Bangkok.
bronte
“Cafe Wayan has still got it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

great value, great quality, atmosphere, staff & cleanliness were all superb - paid abt $4.50 USD for a lovely meal!

Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
bangkok
“A staple in Ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've been coming to Ubud for 20 years and this has always been my favorite restaurant. That is saying a lot because I think there are more great restaurants per square mile than anywhere else I've been and I'm from San Francisco

Not a bad choice on the menu. I highly recommend the Sunday night buffet where you'll get a sampling of Indonesian cuisine at its best. Mix yourself up some gado gado.

Visited December 2012
Elgin, Illinois
“Recommended - Cafe Wayan cooking classes (at Laka Leke)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Cafe Wayan on Jalan Monkey Forest (near center of Ubud) is run by the same owners as Laka Leke (on Nyu Kyuning Road on the other side of the Monkey Forest).

If you want to order off the menu, the dishes are delicious. I enjoyed the Nasi Campur and the buffet offers an incredible assortment of Balinese cooking.

BUt if you would like to learn to cook, Cafe Wayan offers two classes a day. You need to book in advance with a 100000Rph deposit per person (total cost is 350000Rph). There are 7 lessons you can choose from but the first person signing up for a class determines which lesson is taught. We decided to learn Lesson 4 (Nasi Goreng, Chicken Curry, Prawn with Sambal, Black Rice pudding and Balinese Chicken salad). The experience was incredible and the food was the best I had tasted (and there is a lot of it so seriously come hungry).

Also, if you are staying at any of their hotels (Alam Indah, Alah Shanti), you can charge your meals and the cooking class to your room.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cambridge, null, New Zealand
“Best Nasi Campur in Ubud!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed a couple of meals at Cafe Wayan during our week long stay in Ubud. We were recommended Cafe Wayan as offering the best Indonesian/Balinese food in Ubud, and I suspect this may well be true. Friendly timely service. Yummy food and definately the tastiest Nasi Campur we ate during our stay in Bali. We would definately love to visit again.

Visited November 2012
Oirschot
“Café Wayan, one of my favorite places in Ubud (Bali)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have been many times to the restaurant Café Wayan in the mainstreet of Ubud (Bali). When I visit this place it is almost not possible to pass the great cake's at the entrance. In the garden of this fine restaurant sometime I felt like being in heaven when I was served by the great staff and tasted the delicious food (try Lemon Chicken for instance). This is really "Bali atmosfere" which I am always looking for. Great place to have lunch or dinner!

Visited November 2012