1,190 results
All reviews kubu restaurant the river vintage tour the cocoon rice ladies and gentlemen chef maurizio personal butler the general manager kids club special thanks private pool degustation menu one bedroom pool villa every guest walk in closet buggy service
Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at luxury resorts all over the world (including the Amankilla in Bali) and found the incredibly situated and impeccably designed Mandapa to be singularly breathtaking. Photos can only relay a shadow of the unparalleled beauty of the property.

The service was exactly what you expect in a luxury resort.- 5 star. The staff were professional, personable and friendly. They had arranged the tours we had requested in advance of our visit.

Nita, our personal Butler was a delight. I was actually sad that me and my husband are so low maintenance LOL We really didn’t need her to do anything for us. Just knowing that she was happily ready to assist us was really nice.

We stayed in a River Bungalow so I don't know what the other rooms were like but judging from our experience I would guess that staying in any room would be pure luxury.

Our bungalow was amazing; we only wished that we had booked a longer stay. We were there for only 3 nights.

We have stayed in places with beautiful private pools before but always felt too busy to enjoy them. This pool couldn’t be ignored. We enjoyed it everyday! It overlooked the river and lush forest and a cool dip after our daily activities was magic.

I highly recommend a visit to the spa.The therapists gave wonderful massages and the spa setting is spectacular.

I also recommend a dinner in a riverfront cocoon at Kubu. Sawah Terrace is the other Mandapa restaurant and the breakfasts are divine. The settings for both restaurants are incredible.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Aghpt, General Manager at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear by Jill L,
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our facilities, the food and the service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen.
We have shared your praise for Niti, your Patih (Butler) who is very grateful to be recognized for her service and dedication.
Thank you as well for your highlight about the spa, as well as Kubu, our signature restaurant by the Ayung River and Sawah Terrace.
We look forward to welcome you back to Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in the very near future!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 2 nights at the villa overlooking the paddy's field .

Villa: very spacious and ultra luxurious ... ample spaces to relax ... equipped with a private pool and separate living room ...

Bathroom: HUGE ... with an option to take a shower at the garden ...

Breakfast: To die for especially the foei gras ...

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Mandapa

Room tip: The property doesn't participate on the SPG/Marriot loyalty program, limited perks for member

Dear Hang10CA,
On behalf of Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve Team, I would like to thank you for staying with us for your holiday in Bali!
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our facilities, the breakfast and the service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen.
We look forward to welcome you back to our Village in the very near future!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Where to even begin? The Mandapa experience is simply second to none. This for sure will be an experience that will stay with me forever.

Nothing will prepare you for the incredible impact the Mandapa will have on you. The first thing that took my breath away was the view and I had absolutely no idea what was awaiting me. The entrance from the main road and the lobby entrance where the car stops is very discreet to say the least and simple in a good way. But once you turn into the ‘lobby’ area and take a few further steps in your heart will literally miss a few beats. Mine did at least. Wow, simply wow. The view onto the Mandapa reserve is simply a feast for the eyes and I really will never forget the effect it had on me. My only wish is that there was more use made of the space here because it really is spectacular.

The second thing that will strike you upon entering the Mandapa is the service. From the second we walked in we were greeted with what I can only describe as authentic and genuine friendliness. I have been to so many wonderful places in my life and have experienced excellent service, but at the Mandapa the service is of a different level and I feel that what it sets it apart from other luxurious destinations is that it is authentic and genuine. We were introduced to our personal butler Parmini who I would need to write a book about just to explain how excellent and wonderful she is. We were also welcomed by Anna, the F&B manager. Anna is an excellent manager, she is always there discreetly in the background but you cannot feel her presence, she works her magic silently and makes it all look effortless. She runs an excellent team who are smart with common sense and that is extremely difficult to find nowadays.

The whole team without exception were excellent. Everyone here works tirelessly to ensure your every wish is catered for and does so with a smile, and as I mentioned before the service always felt genuine and authentic.

Parmini, took us on a little tour in the buggy before showing us our villa. The idea of the Mandapa is that you want to feel at home and that I really did. I loved all the little touches. Parmini explained that throughout our stay we would be addressed by the team as Babek (Mr) and Ibu (Mrs). Although I wasn’t used to this at first but I quickly fell in love with this extremely polite Balinese hospitality.

We stayed in Villa 20 which was absolutely breathtaking. The villa sits on top of the river which you can always hear flowing in the background. The interior design of the villa is simply gorgeous and so so tastefully done. The pool is huge. I loved the bedroom with super high ceilings and I simply cannot state enough how beautifully decorated the room is. I loved the outdoor shower too and I really felt ‘at one with nature’, yes I know it was on a completely superficial and 5 star level but it works perfectly. One of our favourite features was the living room which was a stand alone thatched roof building. With glass sliding doors all around, you could have it open or closed and again really feel ‘one with nature’ in the middle of the forest.

My now husband organised a surprise proposal/wedding which unfolded step by step seamlessly whilst we were there and our butler Parmini helped set everything up perfectly. Although we had no family with us to share this special moment, the Mandapa team was all the family we needed and made us feel so special with their heartfelt and warm wishes.

I could go on and on and on about this heaven of a place but it would literally turn into a book. To summarise, everything was perfect, the food, the ambience, everything. I really cannot fault it. Parmini our butler, is more than a butler, she is an excellent manager and a wonderful human being, her presence and the way she handled everything made all the difference to our stay. Thank you for everything Parmini!!!

Before I forget I highly recommend the Hidden Jewel Vintage Tour around Ubud. We had a fantastic day with our personal guide Ode and driver Roger in a 1971 Volkswagen safari car. I also highly recommend the Mandapa spa and Kubu restaurant. Please see my separate reviews for more details on this.

Even on departure, we were bid farewell in the same heartfelt way we arrived. Everyone in the team was there including resort manager Reka to wish us goodbye. Reka also managed everything discreetly and excellently and was present at several points during our stay to make sure everything was ok.

The Ritz Carlton Mandapa Reserve is often compared with the Four Seasons Sayan resort where we also stayed. In my opinion the two places cannot be compared as the Mandapa is in a league of its own and is far far superior to the Four Seasons. So if you have the money to spend I would say without a doubt to go to the Mandapa. I will choose it again as my first choice in Ubud and Bali any day.

Thanks again to everyone at Mandapa for a stay of a lifetime. We will be back again for sure one day.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HebaMVT
Aghpt, General Manager at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Hebalicious,
On behalf of all Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve team, I would like to thank you for staying with us for your holiday in Bali! And congratulations!!!
Thank you very much for your amazing and very detailed comments about our facilities, and the service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen.
We have personally shared your praise to Parmini, your Patih (Butler), Anna and Reka, who are very thankful and proud for the recognition to their service and dedication.
We were delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that the “experience will stay with you forever”.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing time at Mandapa, everything in service was extremely detail oriented and well achieved. Would not hesitate to stay here in future trips. The hotel itself is amazing in decoration and style, everything in our room was new and in top shape.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear FarAway40041305359,
On behalf of all Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve team, I would like to thank you for staying with us during your holiday in Bali!
Thank you very much for your lovely comments about our facilities, the decoration, the style and the service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wow, you have stayed in Four Seasons or in One and Only or even an Aman resort? Do not look back but head for this Ritz- Carlton Reserve property.

After a 9 days stay we could not bring up anything needing improvement. This relative small resort has a very intimate setting, amazing staff and the restaurants are culinary delights. "Can not do" is not an option for the staff and their friendliness is truly sincere.
The hotel is only 3 years "old" so do not worry everything is in mint condition. The Kobu restaurant deserves a Michelin star. The FRB Manager is on top of things and together with the Chefs he creates dishes as per your hart desires.

Truly amazing.

Dear RHTerpstra,
It was a great pleasure to have you staying at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, in Ubud for your holiday!
Thank you very much for your amazing comments about our facilities, the setting, the food and the service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Thank you as well for your highlight about Kubu, our signature restaurant by the Ayung River.