Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Acrylics with Wayan

I have been going to this salon every 3-4 weeks to get my acrylic nails infilled. Wayan does my... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Gemmaimt
One of the best haircuts I've ever had!!

I am so pleased with my haircut! Rikke is an excellent hairdresser. I have short curly hair and was... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Natnat4321

Recommended experiences in and around Ubud
from $22.50
from $34.50
from $30.00
from $34.50
More Info
All reviews eyelash extensions hair cut hair stylist mani pedi gel manicure nail polish long hair head massage haircut hairdresser appointment hairs lashes tint keratin treatment rudi
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I wish I could give this place a good review but it’s been a few weeks since i got a refill for my eyelash extensions and I am sorry to say the woman who did my lashes is not experienced whatsoever. It was obvious that she did not know how to apply them correctly because ever since i got them i have felt my lashes have been irritated. i feel then poking into my eyelid. As they eventually fell out over time, i notice clumps of lashes were coming off so it’s obvious single lashes were not used so it was excessively weighting down on my natural lash and not placed correctly. i have never been a stickler over something like this but that is because i have never had a horrible lash extension experience like this! i had my original lash extensions done in Canggu at Goldust and had an AMAZing experience; this was not that. i should also mention that, in general, my experience with the staff was very mediocre. I felt like preference was given to other clients even though I had made an appointment well in advance. All in all, it’s just not worth coming to this salon. I am just waiting for all my fake lashes to fall out and see how bad the damage is to my real eye lashes.

vssu, Owner at Vive Salon & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I am quite saddened to read the review and I feel I owe it to Tripadvisor readers to explain ourselves. Sometimes reviews can negatively impact businesses - especially when certain things may be misunderstood or miscommunicated by both the client and establishment. I felt I would be remiss if I didn't at least try to explain ourselves and sincerely apologize for the experience - because we really do care.

Firstly, many reputable salons do not accept customers who ask to do "refills" of their extensions if the original set of lashes was done at another salon. They will politely decline their request at a refill and suggest that they remove what's left of their previous set from the other salon and then do a brand new set. There are quite a few good reasons for this. But in short, the quality, type, style, length of the lash will differ from one salon to the next. The glue ingredients and type will differ. We use the finest PBT Single Fiber lashes and high-quality glues from Korea. And also the technique and application will differ. The rate by which the lashes fall out will differ. All these variables combined can cause the issues of clumping and irritation and the poking feeling which you experienced. With eyelash extensions, all of this matters immensely and there are already so many variables that affect the successful application and staying power. As such, there is no way a salon can vouch for or guarantee that refilling lashes on "another salon's" set will work perfectly without potential side effects or consequences. It's impossible to pinpoint what exactly the issue is and who exactly is to blame. It is entirely possible and plausible that our lashes from a different supplier were cut differently, weigh differently, sized differently etc. And when you mix two different lashes and glues from two different salons, and the rate at which those same lashes fall is different from eye to eye - you can see how much can go wrong.

In your case, the clumping of the lashes could not have been attributed to your claim that "single lashes weren't used." We only source and use single lashes! The clumping and weighing down of the lashes could easily have happened because of the possible different weights, thickness, quality, glues between our materials and the previous salon's. But there is no way to scientifically pinpoint why or what went wrong exactly because of the reasons I gave above. Hence, why many salons do not do refills with lashes placed at another salon. We have always done refills for our customers regardless of where they had it done - because many customers are unwilling to pay for a full new set when they already have lashes previously in. So we do it for our customers for their convenience and to make it less costly for them.

Because of this review, from this day, I will also politely decline all refills if those lashes weren't initially done by us. Or at least I will provide a caveat that we cannot guarantee the work if the original set were done elsewhere and we cannot honor our well-known "100 percent satisfaction or your money-back guarantee." Because at least we have accountability for our work, whereas we have no accountability for lashes done by someone else. And it will avoid potential heartache for legitimately upset customers such as yourself and us as well. I don't blame you one bit for your feelings, but I did want to explain to you the possible reasons and truth from our end.

That being said, I also wanted to defend my staff member who you said: "clearly has no experience" because of your result. It's just not true. Your technician is one of our best and has 10 years of experience and has done thousands of eyelash applications. The majority of the amazing reviews you see for eyelash extensions were done by her and she is even named in several of them extolling full praise onto her abilities. She's one of our best and we are fortunate to have her. Regarding the staff "being mediocre," this is one of the first times I've ever heard this, as all our guests love the warmth and kindness of our staff. I treat my staff like family and they have been trained by us very well to be the very best staff and human beings they can be. I'm in shock and disbelief that my staff could give such a vibe. Most of our clients make an appointment as you did, but whether they are walk-ins or not - everybody on earth should be treated equally with warmth and compassion regardless. In any case, I'm so sorry if my staff made you feel this way and I would really appreciate it if you could let me know more details about this.

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to get a fill-in for my eyelashes in Bali, because I regularly get them done at home in New York. However, I was extremely surprised at how good they looked when I was done! They were long, soft and full. They looked awesome! The technician was very nice, and gentle. Brought me coffee when I was done. Didn't get my nails done there, but highly recommend them for the fake eyelashes.

Date of experience: January 2020
vssu, Owner at Vive Salon & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for your review about your lashes! We're so glad that they looked amazing when they were done! Lashes are definitely one of our specialties, and we're thrilled you were able to get them from us!

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Booked into Vive for a haircut based on Google reviews.
I was really pleased with my haircut, layers cut into long hair.
The salon was lovely and the prices are reasonable.

Date of experience: December 2019
vssu, Owner at Vive Salon & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad that you were pleased with our hair services. Thank you for the kind words about our salon and the prices too!
Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

If you’re looking for esthetics in Ubud, look no further...had a gel polish pedicure and several waxing services, all with excellent results. I was impressed with how professional the staff was - no hanging out on phones or mindless chatter going on while you’re trying to relax. Thanks Vivé staff!

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy that you loved your gel pedicure and waxing! Thank you so much for acknowledging the professionalism of our staff as well. We try to provide an oasis from the hustle and bustle of Ubud!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

I wrote this review just as the lovely Mirah was finishing my gel polish, absolutely delighted :) my nails are perfect and the care and attention to detail completely exceeded my expectations even though I read the wonderful reviews beforehand. The prices may be more expensive than some other salons in Ubud but in this case you truly get what you pay for and way more, Mirah spent over an hour on my feet and used only CND product's. Sad that I'm leaving tomorrow morning or I would be booking more treatments - so impressed and happy!

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so glad that you love your shellac gel nails by Mirah. Our technicians are incredibly detailed and skilled at making your nails look as beautiful as possible! Thank you for noticing our product selection too - we import our nail polishes from US including CND, OPI, and Essie.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip!