“I don't want to come back here again”
Review of Saren Indah Hotel

Saren Indah Hotel
Ranked #57 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Santa Barbara
“I don't want to come back here again”
Reviewed April 11, 2009

1. Ants in the toilet, left-overs on the floor or something like that.
2. Closet swung, maybe broken.
3. Mattress too soft.
4. Problem with air conditioner.
5.Bad breakfast, coffee and tea have no difference. Bad restorant.
6. Dirty pool.
7. Looks like student residence or dormitory or small youth hostel.
8. Service so la la ...
9. $50,-, I believe Ubud has many better hotel for that price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Franka_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
uk
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We loved this hotel to bits from the moment we arrived until the time of our reluctant departure at the end of our 8 day stay. Situated in a quiet village location amongst the rice fields about 15 minutes pleasant walk alongside the Monkey Forest Reserve to the main shops and restaurants in Ubud, this hotel is a perfect place to relax. The hotel provides hourly free transport to and from Ubud if required. Good Internet access plus free wi-fi is available plus safe deposit facilities and a lovely pool.
The spacious rooms situated in well tended tropical gardens are nicely furnished, clean and well serviced daily. The restaurant provides an excellent breakfast and all other meals (a bit expensive ) including afternoon tea all served by wonderfully attentive staff. In fact all the hotel staff from management to room cleaners were the most pleasant, efficient and attentive we have experienced in many years of travel.
We were offered a package including transport to and from the airport, one set dinner, room including breakfast daily, one hour massage for 2, free internet access and local transport which we found to be excellent value.

2 Thank pandc2801
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2009

So close to Ubud but away from the madding crowds. The position of this delightful hotel is just perfect. And so is the hotel. Small, intimate and caring. The rooms are not modern but are large and very clean and have all the facilities you want. The bed with mosquito nets was very comfortable and the bathroom large. We loved the open air dining room although there are so many choices of dining in Ubud that we only ate there once! All the staff were so caring and made us feel most welcome. Great value for money and we can't wait to return!

1 Thank wildgran
Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2009

We stayed in deluxe rooms upstairs that were beautiful. The view from your bathroom is breathtaking over rice fields. They each have a very large balcony with comfortable chairs that also overlook fields. Bathrooms don't have a shower, but instead a large spa type bath with a shower rose. Bottles of water are supplied daily in your room and tea and coffee supplies also, however we had to buy our own milk. There are no cooking facilities in these rooms except for a kettle. Bar fridge is stocked with drinks to buy.

The beds are VERY comfortable with a mosquito net, however I didn't find the mosquitoes a problem. A laundry service available from your room, just leave clothes in basket. Rooms are cleaned every day and everything refreshed. Air Conditioning works well!

Staff aren't real great with understanding english, some better than others. I found it difficult to explain exactly what I wanted eg. 2 banana pancakes. I got 2 plates, each with 1 banana pancake on it. This is only a small criticism, but you don't realise they misunderstood until you get it.

My girls streaked hair turned green after swimming in the pool. I can only assume this was because of the chlorine??
Meals were very nice but small portions compared to what we were use to and avg price.
Location is great. It is out of the hustle and bustle, but very close to Monkey forest and Monkey Forest Road where there is alot of shopping to be done.

Free wifi internet connection for your laptops or 1 computer there for free use also. Wifi is available from the restaurant or the lobby.

This hotel has a free shuttle bus into Ubud also. It pays to book ahead as it leaves exactly on the hour and we found on a few occasions there was no room left for us. They will also come and pick you up from anywhere in Ubud and bring you home for free (up to 10pm).

Tips: When going through Monkey Forest take off earrings, sunglasses, empty your pockets, they're sneaky buggers! If you don't want to walk through there every time to get to shopping etc, ther is a track to the left of the entrance (past the sellers) that takes you around, this way you don't pay either. Entry is 15,000Rp and you can use that ticket for about a week (if the monkeys don't snatch it from you and eat it!)
Bring your own milk for coffee and tea in your room, and there is no clothes airer in the rooms either.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank chicknlips
Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I spent four nights at the Saren Indah and would have extended my stay if they hadn't been booked out. From the welcome drink to the shuttle pick up from Ubud, the hotel is faultless. Most hotels in Bali are terrific, but this is one step above the rest. The rooms and facilities are spotlessly clean, the daily breakfast is freshly made (and delicious), the pool is perfect, the outdoor restaurant gorgeous, there's wi fi or a computer for guests in the lobby, and it's just a short stroll though the Monkey Forest to Ubud. I was travelling by myself and made to feel very welcome. I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it anyone.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Anne-marie P
Penang
Reviewed February 28, 2009

This was my first trip on 27 Jan 2009 (for 3 nights) with my husband for our honeymoon in Ubud. We reach there at around 7 pm, we were so tired and unsure of the place. However, once we stepped into their lobby, we were welcomed warmly by their friendly staff. Our check-in process was very quick and easy. We felt so comfortable by their quiet and peaceful surrounding. The whole environment was so green and nature. It was so quiet you can even hear the sound of frogs / insects. It was a totally different and nice feeling compared to our city hometown. This hotel is small with approximately 16 units but it can bring out the cozy and homely feeling to their guest.

We booked the upper floor room (Superior View) overlooking the rice field. The room is spacious enough for both of us. The room is really clean with sufficient amenities like coffee/tea making facilities, hairdryer, air-con, TV....etc. What impresses me is their bathtub. It was clean and huge with a huge window overlooking the rice field. Their room service is great. They clean and change our towel twice a day... which I have never experience in other hotels.

They do provide free shuttle every each hour. We do not face any problem getting around as their staff is very helpful. They are always willing to share their lifestyle experience with us during the drive. They even recommend us on where to visit and eat. From here, we have learnt lots of knowledge about the Bali people and their culture.

Each and everyone of the hotel staffs is unbelievably great. Eventhough it is not a 5 star hotel, but they have the quality of 5 star service. I booked this room directly with the hotel by e-mail. Their reply is always so prompt and fast regardless of what queries I've made. I can see their good service even before my visit to their hotel. But I eventually experienced it during my stay there.

Out of three hotels I've stayed during my honeymoon to Bali, this was the best service hotel I have experienced compared to the hotels in bigger town like Kuta or Legian hotels. Saren Indah is the choice... with great people and great culture. A big thumbs up to all of them from Saren Indah hotel. We will definitely be back again on our next trip....

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I went to Bali on a 4 day trip with my wife and stayed in Ubud for 2 days and found Saren Indah interesting from the reviews. I booked it and went with a bit of expectation and the hotel didn't disappoint me by any means. We reached there around 9pm and was welcomed with a excellant drink and tropical fruits. The room was very clean and the smell was good. The flowers in the small pond and the sound of the frog took me to some other world. The hotel staffs were very friendly and happy to answer all the time. The queries were responded immediately and food was good. I will definitely return to this place on my next trip to Bali.

1 Thank rams1606