“A good choice in Ubud for convenience and value”
Review of Saren Indah Hotel

Saren Indah Hotel
Ranked #58 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Saren Indah is located in a central part of Ubud on a nice tranquil street with a few shops and restaurants close to the monkey forest, yet it has a very quiet, peaceful ambiance. The hotel gardens and surrounding rice fields provide nice views – rooms on the second floor have better views. The staff is exceptionally friendly, and will go out of their way to help you. There are a lot of hardworking young people here doing a very good job and trying their best to learn English. The included breakfast is good, and the onsite restaurant is great for lunch or dinner if you don’t feel like venturing out— I really enjoyed the Indonesian dishes. Prices are very reasonable. Rooms are spacious with a big, comfy bed and spotlessly clean. The showers have decent water pressure, which is always appreciated in a hot climate where you sweat a lot. There’s also a very cheap laundry service and in-room mini fridge with water, soft drinks etc. The free shuttle provided to the centre is convenient, although if you’re willing to walk through the monkey forest you can easily be in the centre of things in five minutes or so (the $2 ticket is good all day and you can come & go). Overall a really good value for what you get here. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Taryn M
There are newer reviews for Saren Indah Hotel

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at the Saren Indah while in Ubud on a yoga retreat. It is a very quiet and relaxing hotel. The staff members are very courteous and helpful. I had to cut my trip early and they they were very accommodating. It is a good location if you like peace and quiet. It is about a 15 minute walk to town, but it is through a small walkway next to the monkey forest. It is very dark at night so you will need a torch. If you do not like monkeys then I suggest that you hire a bike so that you can ride past them quickly. I was able to get decent wifi and I stayed in a room that was far away from the lobby. Sleep quality was average because bed and pillows did not not allow for a comfortable sleep. However, it was very quiet.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a nice very of the rice paddies.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The team at Saren Indah sent an email asking for a review so here goes …
I would sum up Saren Inah by saying that it's a great, inexpensive base for exploring Ubud, but if you're looking for a "resort" feel, you could do better by spending a few more dollars and staying somewhere else.
The surroundings are lovely but the rooms are small and a little outdated, and though spotlessly clean, they lack anywhere comfortable to sit other than the bed. I stayed in three rooms during my week-long stay and felt that the cheaper rooms at about $50 a night were great value, but felt that I could have got better value elsewhere when I was in the $70 room. In enjoyed the upstairs room with its pretty views.
The food at the restaurant is good, and the staff are amazing. Friendly and very helpful. I've stayed at lots of hotels in Bali and the service was as good as any 5-star hotel.
In summary, I would say that Saren Indah is fantastic if you're looking for a good, inexpensive base, but that if you would like to treat yourself, you should spend an extra $30 a night and stay at another hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get a room upstairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LudwigLeichardt
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We moved to Saren Indah from Kertiyasa Bungalows. It was like night and day. Saren Indah has wonderful staff, clean and well maintained rooms, great view of their own rice paddies, pool. Quiet and peaceful, it is just an oasis after a hectic day around Ubud.

We stayed in rooms that costs 50 or so US dollars for the first 2 nights then moved to the 75 dollar one cause this is what happens when one doesn't make reservations. You take what is there. The more expensive room is bigger and is on the second level of the building so it has better view of the rice paddies. But since we don't spend time hanging in the balcony looking at rice paddies, the cheaper rooms would have been good enough.

The staff are gracious and helpful and have made our stay pretty pleasant. Wouldnt mind staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sole2soultravel
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We normally stay in Seminyak but decided on Ubud for a week 20 August to reduce our costs. The Saren Indah is the older type Bali hotel but for $45 AUS a night its pretty good. The location is great as it is about 100 metres to the back of the monkey forest. There is a little lane that runs beside the forest to get to Ubud. (take a good torch at night ) or you can use the hotel shuttle. There are a couple of streets where the locals live and not a great deal of traffic around the hotel. The hotel itself wasn't dirty, the staff were really pleasant, it had a good sized pool with a nice garden and some rice paddies out the back. Breakfast runs till eleven, the food is okay and the hotel does some Balinese entertainment

Room Tip: our room 2 has little through traffic and over looks the breakfast area to the right Rooms at the ba...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed at Saren Indah for a week in August Sept 2013. We cannot speak highly enough of the standard of the hotel rooms ( which was quite high for the medium range price and way better than the standard we encountered in Kuta) and of the staff who were ever so helpful at every opportunity. My partner and I felt extremely comfortable with every aspect of the hotel and have plans to stay there again next year. Even the cheeky little monkeys in the local forest cannot change our minds on staying at this beautiful hotel. Many thanks to everyone who looked after us but especially Agung who was always welcoming and happy to see us. X

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at Saren Indah Hotel in Ubud from the 19th - 21st of August 2013. Both rooms (1st day & 2nd day) were a bit tired and there was dark mould around the bath. On the 2nd day, we moved to the upstair room, the water from the toilet would not stop running after flushing. Though the staff came and tried to fix it, it was still the same so they had to switch of the water.

The hotel surrounding was serene and beautiful and staff were friendly (or so I thought), so I wrote a nice feedback and said would come back again.

Until.....we checked out from the hotel, all suitcases were locked as we hired a car and still wanted to go to places before checking into a hotel in Kuta. By the time we arrived at Kuta it was evening. When I unlocked my suitcases, I couldn't find my Samsung tablet and remembered I used it in the morning and left it on the bed in Saren Indah. So quickly I called the hotel and the night manager said he would look into it and informed me in the morning. In the morning I got a phone called from the morning manager, saying they were still looking. In the afternoon, I got a phone called from Mr Sudiarto? (can't really remember his name who said he was the owner). He said they were trying their best and also said it was very common guests misplaced their items someplace else. I told Mr Sudiarto, my memory was still fresh and the last time I left it, it was on the bed and I am 1000% sure! My husband and I checked the room and bathroom but didn't check the bed before leaving. That was our mistake for not checking thoroughly, however as a guest and I am sure this could happen to any guest, we trusted Saren Indah who had such a good review. The last conversation was with Mr Sudiarto who said they were still looking. Now I am back in UK, I saw an email from Saren Indah thanking me for staying with them but no mention whatsoever about the missing computer tablet. I was so disappointed and felt let down. Though I wrote on the feed back form I will be back, however after this incident I DEFINITELY won't and won't recommend this place either. I am very, very disappointed and do not trust them anymore. Beware and be careful.!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank LWheatley811
SarenTeam, Pemilik at Saren Indah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

First of all on behalf of the hotel management we are very grateful for your visit to our hotel. We as the hotel staff and management are always professional and friendly to all of our guests who visit and stay at our place. Regarding about your goods are lost in the form of samsung tabs in one room in our hotel where you stayed before, we had confirm to all of our staff who were on duty at the time but after we check carefully, in fact none of your items are left in the room. We as the hotel staff and management have done operational standards and procedures as possible for the convenience of our guests
We deeply regret this incident has occurred but once again we are very grateful for your visit because of all the complaints it is become our motivation to be better, this is just a misunderstanding that could be a motivation for us.
But all the criticism and complaints are to be build, where we will continue to further improve our service and quality
For that we will always be committed to provide optimum service and complaint forms in accordance with the conditions that exist and happen.

Thus the explanation that we can convey to you and from the bottom of my heart I’ll say thanks
For your attention and cooperation

Sincerely