“Would stay again!”
Review of Saren Indah Hotel

Saren Indah Hotel
Ranked #58 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was after a relaxing stay in Ubud. Found Saren Indah online and was not dissapointed. As a smaller hotel, the pool area was never crowded and being able to book a massage by the pool was perfect. The hotel is in a quiet street and 2 great restaurants were a few minutes walk, as well as having the hotel restaurant to choose from. I also had a pedicure and a facial in 2 different spa's in the street. Also ventured out for shopping, art and eating, and the free shuttle was a plus. Was able to be dropped off and picked up exactly where we were in town. A dip in the pool was perfect after a day out, and I could order a drink by the pool if needed. Did I say the shuttle bus was great? The hotel is walking distance from town, but I was there to be lazy. Did walk one day, and it was easy, and with the added bonus of seeing monkeys. After dinner it was great to laze on my lovely bed with a complimentary DVD from reception, and airconditioning! My first (ground) floor room was lovely, but next to the staff room, which was a bit noisy for me wanting to sleep in after 8am, but ok. I'd go for a 2nd floor room next time. Breakfast was great - I love banana pancakes! And there was fruit and cereal buffet if wanted. The staff were lovely and so helpful if needed. I loved my stay in Ubud (much better than Kuta!) and would stay at Saren Indah again. Loved the rice paddies, pool, breakfast, room, and Ubud!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Saren Indah has by far the best service of all the hotels I've ever stayed in. Once I complained that the coffee to my room in the morning was cold, I received a completely plate of Balinese peanuts along with my next order of coffee. Once the shuttle was 30 minutes late in picking me up, and the driver came to our room with two plates of coconut-palm sugar dessert as an apology.

This is the perfect place if you are planning to visit Ubud for a day or two and otherwise planning on hiring cars for day tours. We ended up spending four days in Ubud and it was slightly inconvenient to call the hotel shuttle every time we wanted to return to the hotel. The shuttle only runs once every two hours, and can be delayed given how many other guests wants to go different places.

Buffet breakfast is awesome and very generous. We missed it the rest of our stay in Bali.

DO NOT use their taxi service, its WAY overpriced (I learned the hard way). Check out ubudtaxi.com instead for 33% cheaper rates.

Do not stay in room 104 - the room next door is used by the staff to store stuff and to hang out, so it was quite noisy. People were chatting there all the time, so its distracting if you are sitting outside.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 104 - the room next door is used by the staff to store stuff and to hang out, so...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

4 of my friends and I had a great stay in Saren Indah. We've stayed here for 2 nights, in both Deluxe View and Garden View room. The rooms were definitely much better than our expectations. It was really clean, nicely decorated and well-facilitated. The bed was big enough to fit 3 of us and the view from our balcony was fantastic. The staffs were very very friendly and helpful. The free shuttle service was also very helpful for us to get to and fro from the hotel to Ubud Centre. If I were to pin-point a weakpoint in this hotel, it would be the need to improve on its breakfast choices. Other than that, it was an excellent stay and I would definitely return to Saren Indah for my next Bali trip!

Room Tip: Deluxe View room would be a perfect choice, with paddy field view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sushi_shan
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel was clean and cheap. It's a little out of the way, but you can walk through Monkey Forest to get to the main part of Ubud (maybe a 20 min walk). Otherwise you can use the free shuttle that runs every two hours. The shuttle is about a 10 min trip because of the one way streets in Ubud. Breakfast was basic but good.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I are an older couple who were VERY pleased with our accommodations at Saren Indah. The hotel's grounds are beautifully landscaped and the buildings, of course, have that Balinese flavor. We were booked in the Deluxe Garden View room (lower floor) with a spectacular view of garden and rice fields at our front door. King-size bed, great running hot/cold water, quiet air-conditioning: just as important, every time we asked for extra towels, pillows, and bottled water we got them within 10 minutes of request, no questions asked. ALL the staff are polite, friendly, courteous, and accommodating and more than willing to assist you in any way they can (this is probably the most important asset any hotel can have: its people). If we have to criticize at all, it would only be that (1) the breakfast menu is very limited, but you can have as much coffee, tea, or chocolate drinks as you may want; (2) Our room could have used a desk with chairs in case one wishes to write or eat in the room - we had the coffee table and chairs outside taken in for this purpose, and (3) bedside lamps should be bigger for more reading light. But hey, at U.S. dollar 67.00 a night with breakfast this is an unbeatable deal! Book at Saren Indah, folks. You will NOT regret it!

Room Tip: If you're elderly, take a ground-floor room to avoid taking stairs to the upper-floor rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ekimmek
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have really enjoy our stay at this hotel , mostly positive !
Even if the room are old in design the property is very well maintain and clean .
All team have great spirit and kindness to please the guests at all time from front desk to Driver shuttle .
The only down point is the food experience that definitely need improvement that sadly not match the rest especially on breakfast that included in the room , I believe that much more more can be done with the quality ingredients available in Bali !

Room Tip: Choose one separate from other if you have the option as wall are very thin !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I couldn't recommend this hotel more. The staff were absolutely lovely and on our visit we were very much taken care of.One point to note is that the Deluxe and Superior rooms are exact the same so do not pay for the more expensive room!

Room Tip: The Deluxe and Superior rooms are exact the same so do not pay for the more expensive room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends