This place is amazing.
However, it is not a place for everyone. More on that later.
First thing you would have to wrangle is booking. Called the contact number listed on their website - the staff on duty speaks passable English - helpful in dishing out standard information, not so helpful in helping you out with your travel itinerary needs such as day/time/budget/etc. Was frustrated and went directly to email - took a bit of email to sort things out, at least the booking went through as we were already in Seminyak at the time of booking. This is the first thing Saren Indah can improve on as it is the first touch point for any interested customers.
Check-in process were a mixed feeling as it was slow - perhaps due to the heavy rain the same time I checked in - had some minty tropical fruit welcome drink followed by a brief session on the sights to see/eat in Ubud(comes with map - this saves us a lot of time when we're briefly lost), shuttle service to the Ubud center (Along Monkey Forest Road, if I remember correctly - comes with handy shuttle timing, once every 2 hrs from 9AM till 7PM/9PM). Here's another killer service they shared - should you be dining anywhere in Ubud and you would like to peruse the shuttle service, have your hotel card (Saren Indah's issued guest card) shared with the restaurant's staff - they will call your hotel and wah lah! you'll be picked up in no time.
Tired from the long day trip - the Deluxe Garden room we were in was great! We walked in into a roomy room with welcome fruit basket and a nice twin swan (rolled from towels - realized that when we showered) with a welcome note. Needless to say, we were impressed.
Now straight to business:-
1. The location of the hotel is a bit far from Ubud's town center where all the action is happening. Even the famous "Bebek Bengil" on the outskirts of the town center was roughly 10 minutes away on the bike. Rent a bike / bicycle (the concierge can help out with this) if you can and explore Ubud from one to another end especially if you're more a sightseeing person. Don't skimp on the map as the road signs are scarce and ask for directions if you're lost - most of the people we ask for directions are very helpful. The scenic routes are definitely worth your time.
2. Saren Indah's great for getaways - it is surrounded by paddy fields (big change compared to kuta & seminyak) and a beautiful pool to boot. A surprise inclusion (to us) in our hotel stay was breakfast. Perhaps due to it's location (being far from Ubud town center), including breakfast was a no-brainer. The food selection is wide and good for sustenance. But if you're looking to delight your taste palate with Ubud's long running dabble with spices and all - you'll be left disappointed. It's best to venture out where there's a lot of dining places waiting to surprise you.
3. The concierge was great with our needs despite a bump every now and then - everything we requested (nicely of course), we gotten it within a reasonable time frame such as the international power adapter, bike rental, checking-out and etc.
Saren Indah is definitely the place to go for getaways and if you look closely at the place they're situated at - there's a lot of pedigrees of hotel offerings that charge a whole lot more. With a little more tweaks to their service and offerings - it would be hard to deny this place a second stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst lush paddy fields and only 200 meter from monkey forest sanctuary is Saren Indah Hotel which offers travelers the tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of tourists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Saren Indah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saren Indah Ubud
- Hotel Saren Indah
- Saren Indah Hotel Ubud, Bali