Puri Dalem Cottages
$209
$280
$254
$194
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

The great advantage of puri dalem cottages is its pool and garden, really appreciated after a day of touring.
The location is ok, at the main street, around 15 minutes walking to the market (if you don't stop in each store :-) ) and 5 minutes to the monkey forest.
Rooms are not really clean, problem with the shower which made us change to another room the second night, and then problem with the air conditionning .. But very helpful and reactive crew.
Maybe a bit expensive given the quality and cleaness of the room...

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I think this is one of those places you either love or hate. Reasons for me never staying here again; after killing 7 roaches I quit counting, the pillows smelled like sweat and were grey in color, the pillows & mattress were hard. There were those little, I called them, wood spiders. I always immediately took the bedspread off the bed. They seemed to loved that spread & bed frame. The bathroom was dirty. I bought bleach and started pouring it on the grout of the sink and floors, with a sponge I cleaned the tub tiles, the shower curtain had mold on the bottom of it and was to small for the size of the tub. When I made the deposit, one of the staff hollered at me. That should have been my 1st clue! I always worried about mosquitoes. There was a dirty pond w/stagnant water (I felt so sorry for the fish, the water was green) & when it rained the water gathered on the walkway in front of one of the rooms. There were only 5 lounge chairs for 12 rooms. The 12 rooms slept 30+ people. Really, they can't buy more? I think the biggest thing I did not like besides the roaches and dirty bathroom was their 'western' business attitude. It was all about the profit. Sad, very sad!
Positives; close to Coco Market, but always double check your receipt w/purchases! I was overcharged more than once. The pool, ac, tv. They did, for free, watch one of my suitcases while I went to Singapore. The grounds were well kept.
Suggestions; if you are not going to drink the water or beer in the frig, have them take it out of your room.

You can pay w/credit card, no matter what they say.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are less expensive but they are dark and dirtier than the ones closer to the office.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jan C
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Although this hotel is small but the ambience and staff make it a hotel that is nice to stay in...the friendly staff make my stay a memorable one..its location just near the ubud market make it easier to just walk.you can also visit a lot of pura or temple as in ubud its nearer to the locals baliness

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank umiros
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here on two separate occasion for a total of 9 nights. Very friendly and helpful staff and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. You want a scooter - they will arrange, you want a car, they will arrange, you want laundry done, well you get the picture. There is of course a slight premium going thru them but they deserve it. Only downside may be the showers - can't quite stand up as hose and head are too short. The price is very economical and even includes breakfast. The breakfast may be meagre but for a small fee you can ask for more. Overall for the money is a good choice and well located. Very good Indonesian restaurants - and very inexpensive - are only a short scooter ride away. Do recommend you go off the beaten track to experience good fare and interesting people. Oh and the pool has been renovated and is very refreshing. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms have had upgrading so ask for one, same price. Upstairs rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ray M
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Myself and three others came to Bali to do a volunteer project and were placed in this hotel by the organisation we booked with, for our first 3 nights in Bali. I was apprehensive after reading other reviews on trip advisor, and am sorry to say they were fairly accurate. I have travelled a lot so this is by no means the worst place I have stayed, however for the price there are far nicer places to stay for the same money. The rooms were extremely basic and not very clean. The room my friends stayed in stank of damp and mould. You have to sit in the shower and the water slowed down to a trickle or went off completely on a number of occasions. There were no safes in the room, though there was a fridge and air con. The place looks ok at a glance, but it is not well maintained and the pool did not seem very clean. The breakfast was fruit, eggs and toast which was ok but not great. The staff were friendly but their English is very limited so if we ever asked for anything they didn't seem to understand e.g. When we needed more toilet roll in our room, and when our room didn't get cleaned. The location is good, quite near the monkey temple, and Ubud is great, but for the price there are much nicer places to stay elsewhere, and I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2013