Satria Coffee Plantation
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Satria Coffee Plantation
from $55.00
More Info
All reviews coffee beans coffee plantation gift shop coffee lovers expensive coffee free coffee and tea cat poo bali coffee free tour lemongrass tea kopi luwak free tasting coffee making no pressure to buy worth a stop fruit day tour
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Lovely people and a great tour but I do not recommend it because of the drugged up Luwaks that they had. It was horrible.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My husband and I visited the coffee plantation located in Ubud. The host that showed us around was very friendly and informative. The set up very good. We particularly loved the tree house set up where we tasted the coffee and various types of tea. Great experience and ambience. I would recommend visiting to friends.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

interesting place to visit- guide is very helpful in explaining plant varieties and process of coffee.Relaxing tasting coffee and tea varieties . Good shop to purchase products.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our taxi driver insisted a friend and I visited this plantation at ‘no extra cost’ (we suspect taxi drivers earn a commission from this place). We agreed and we’re given a quick tour of some plants and the process of roasting and crushing the coffee beans. As it was so rushed you didn’t have too much time to take it in.

We were then taken to sample some teas (all just tasted of sugar) and coffee, and paid the 50k for the Lewak coffee... it was alright but nothing special. Had to go through the gift shop on the way out which was full of overpriced tea and coffee and there’s definitely a pressure to buy something. The whole tour felt as though they were just waiting for you to spend money.

However, the worst part of the whole thing was on the way out; we noticed a lewak laid out on a table for tourists to take photos with, it was CLEARLY drugged which was just awful to see. And as we walked further we went past a cage of Lewaks that just looked frankly miserable. The whole experience made me feel so uncomfortable and the plantation is quite clearly a tourist trap! Would not recommend.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When we reach this place, was bring into a hut where they server us all type of coffee and it's benefit. The person that server us was very good and knowledgeable. This is a good place to go and recommend anyone.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the coffe plantation was included in our tour. we stopped and this nice women came over, explained all the different coffee beans and the way coffee is produced. it´s more or less a beatiful spot, only created for tourists. reality Looks different. you got about 8 different coffees to try and some chocolate. very good. there was also a Cup of the famous poo coffe for about IDR 50.000. we tried one - but you never can taste the difference to some european coffee. would not try it again, but all in all it was worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here to experience Luwak coffee. You are greeted by a friendly staff member and guided through a small garden of local fruit, vegetables and spices. From there you see several caged Luwak sleeping the day off and get to see how Luwak coffee is processed. You are then guided to a table and given 12 samples containing coffee and tea. There's also samples of chocolate and the famous Arak drink and Rice wine. You have to pay 50000 IDR for Luwak coffee sample. Off to the gift shop where you can spend money if you wish.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited the Satria Plantation while on holiday in Bali and have mixed feelings so this review might be a little inconclusive, sorry. Firstly the setting is just gorgeous and I had a lovely walk around the plantation and saw for the first time how a pineapple grows - who knew! The Balinese people are so peaceful and kind that it's hard to reconcile the way they treat some of their wildlife but all is balance I guess. The idea of kopi luwak coffee made me shudder; civet cats, kept in cages and wired high on a diet of coffee that passes through their gut and is revered by the oh so stupid west seemed wholly wrong but with such a ridiculously easy business model why wouldn't you? The highlight of my visit here was being invited to sit next to the coffee roaster; a beautiful crone about 1,000 years old with eyes that looked deep into me, I couldn't resist and snuggled in next to her in the searing heat of the roasting fire where she let me stir the beans around as I earned myself a hug. The coffee tasting was a cool experience but what I bought wasn't what I expected to buy but balanced out by the free organic tobacco which I tried and loved. So, all in all, if you care about animal welfare, give this one a miss cos it'll upset you.

Reviewed October 5, 2018

I initially came just to buy the Kopi Luwak Coffee for my parent, didn't know it was a must to go through the whole process of making the coffee. You pass through an aisle of trees and see the entire process from start to finish for producing these beans/grounds. No machines or automation at this facitlity, so makes you appreciate the work/effort that goes into making the final product. The last stop right before the gift shop is where you try complimentary coffees and teas (Kopi Luwak is 50,000 IDR extra). I personally don't drink coffee much, but i enjoyed a cup of joe while sampling their local tobacco. From the tea selection the Rosella and Lemongrass were my favorites.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Attending this coffee plantation to see how they harvest the teas and coffees. it was really interesting, especially seeing the Luwak
entrace is free, but we did give a tip.
coffee and tea tasting was good, nice views
enjoyed this alot.