“Great South American food in Ubud!”

Pica South American Kitchen
Cuisines: South American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2018

First of all, I would like to point out that it would be a good idea to make a reservation if you are planning to dine here as the restaurant does not have many tables. Me and my girlfriend were lucky enough to get the one table that was left and even that was reserved for around 90 minutes after our arrival. Having said that, the setting is very cozy which I really enjoy.

The waiters are knowledgeable about the food and will explain the dishes to you well if you have a question. Sure, the menu may not be big, but for me this is always a positive sign in a restaurant as it usually shows a deep focus on few but well executed dishes.

For starters we got the beef empanadas which I loved, and the causa del mar which I was not the biggest fan of - mostly a texture thing because the flavor was ok. For main course, I got the pork belly while my girlfriend got the fish. I can't comment on the fish as I didn't try it but the pork belly was very good. It had this great outer crispiness while the rest of it remained tender and juicy and the sweetness of the apple puree went so well with the pork too.

Would definitely recommend dining here if you are in Ubud and looking for finer flavors.

1  Thank GBoox

Reviewed August 23, 2018

As a local Ubud resident, this is one of our absolute favorites. Chef Chris and his skilled team put amazing attention to every detail of taste and service. I would call PICA a real highlight restaurant of the hot Ubud restaurant dining scene!

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
1  Thank Mary Jane E
Reviewed August 23, 2018

It's one of the few restaurants it does consistently good moreish food with interesting new additions. This time it was the poached sardines which was totally delightful, and the time before the marrons, on top of the regular must-haves like the cerviche classico and the rib eye and the bean salad and the fried rice. It's my must-go-to-dine place every time I am in Bali

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
1  Thank Seekris
Reviewed August 22, 2018

Recommended by our daughter and we were not disappointed! Great ambience, great food, wine and service. In fact amazing food and service. This is now one of our fave spots to eat in Ubud. Well done to the owner/managers

1  Thank Rosemarie S
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We weren’t that hungry so only had entrees and wine. Our food was delicious, and the food on other tables looked that way. The wine was nice, and, a strong point for us, the restaurant was smoke free.

The prices are higher than the average nice Ubud restaurant, but it’s a great place for wonderful food.