“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #151 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
USA
“Great place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Great place to stay. On the edge of rice fields, on a river lined with coconut trees. Great location. West end of main street, only a few minutes walk to Monkey Forest Rd. The only negative is our room was very dirty. Toilet was filthy. I cleaned myself when we first checked in. Other reviews say their rooms are clean, so it may have just been the person who cleaned (or didn't clean) our room. No fitness center, but beautiful walking paths in the rice fields from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

A good place to stay if you are not after all the bells and whistles. Such good value for money.
They had no standard fan rooms available so we were upgraded for free to an air on bungalow which was fantastic.
The bathrooms are basic, but all you need, shower, toilet, sink and mirror.
The upstairs room has beds and a mirror and a wardrobe. Note there is nowhere to keep drinks etc cool, which isn't a big deal.
The best thing was the porch, with a day bed, table and two chairs. The super-friendly staff brought breakfast to us every morning to eat on the porch overlooking the most amazing greenery.
A good place to enjoy a relaxing breakfast with a book and a good place to rest your head once you're done exploring for the day.
On another note, it is well located, about a 5 minute walk from the ubud markets and monkey forest, so very accessible but tucked away so it remains peaceful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elliet86
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Ubud is a wonderful place and the best part of Bali. If you are looking for beaches and partying - go to Kuta or Seminyak. If you want peace and relaxation, go to Ubud. It is serene, extremely lush and green, and offers plenty of good eateries, shops, and activities. This is a place where you can step off the main road and immediately be able to wander through rice fields and chat with local farmers. Abangan is located right on the main road so it is easy to get to everything. You can arrange cars/tours right through the hotel staff, Putu who picked me up from the airport and checked me in also drove me around everywhere. Probably cheaper elsewhere, but literally only a few bucks difference for a safe journey.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Shri I
Brechin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Had a very comfortable stay in room 1A which is in a block of 4 rooms. The room had a huge balcony and lovely bathroom. Each morning breakfast was brought up to the balcony which was a lovely touch.

There is a small pool in the garden which is a great way to cool down after a day walking around Ubud. The walk behind the hotel to the organc restaurant is really pretty and worth a visit.

We arranged a private driver through the hotel which was a great way to see the local sights.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy_n_Lewis
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We booked this online with Agoda last minute and were so pleased that we did!! On arrival we were really early but they let us check in anyway. The room was spotless, large and had a brilliant balcony.

The room price included breakfast which was bought up to our room each morning so we could eat on the balcony, this was a really nice touch.

The staff are very friendly and chatty and will help organise taxis, scooter rental etc.

Location is fantastic, about a 2 minute stroll into the main part of town near a lot of restaurants, bars etc.

I would recommend this place to all of my friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Suz B
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

I travelled to Ubud without a reservation and looked at a few places before settling in at Abangan. I enjoyed myself so much I ended up staying 16 nights. The staff are fantastic. No sooner had I stepped onto my patio in the morning than someone was there asking me what I would like for breakfast. And in low season I was able to negotiate a price of approximately $20 a night with breakfast which was the best value of any hotel I looked at in Ubud.

The bungalows are lovely two-story affairs with a bathroom and large patio on the ground floor and a sleeping loft upstairs. All of the bungalows are different- so if you can look at a few before choosing one. They are numbered 1-15 and the higher the number the farther you are away from the main street but the more likely you are to hear roosters in the morning from the surrounding fields. I liked bungalows 3 and 8 personally. The bungalows all face onto a small river gorge which give them all a sense of privacy.

There is a small swimming pool for cooling down at the end of the day. They also have free wifi in the lobby which I used frequently for skype and for emails but which wasn't fast enough on my Iphone to surf websites.

The bungalows are in a great location. 5 minutes walk gets you to central Ubud but they are right at the start of the rice fields which make for a lovely sunset stroll.

The negatives: I had to change pillows because the ones in the room smelled a little. Also, the mattress is made of soft foam so I wouldn't recommend the bungalows to anyone with back pain. Finally, I stayed there on 3 Saturday nights and on two of them the temple across the river hosted band practice from 930 am to midnight. It is definitely loud enough that there is no chance of sleeping until they are finished. I was already installed so didn't bother moving but had I known about this noise, I might have chosen a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank sarahs777
Queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

We were very lucky to stumble on this lovely gem in Ubud!
The location is excellent - less than a five minute walk to the central Markets, main shopping streets , excellent restaurants, and Sacred Monkey Forest.
We paid about AU$40 a night which included breakfast delivered to our door at our desired time. (Fresh local fruit, tea/coffee, eggs done however we wanted or lovely pancakes or more indonesian choices as well) There is a refreshing pool and the surroundings are beautiful. From the top floor of our two story bungalow we had gorgeous views over the rice fields.
The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. Our bungalow had two queen size beds and two complete bathrooms!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple