“SAME PLACE, DIFERENT PRICE.”
Review of Ubud Inn

Ubud Inn
Ranked #166 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Madrid, Spain
“SAME PLACE, DIFERENT PRICE.”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in August 2011.

Positive:
- In the main street of Ubud, two minutes walk from Monkey Forest and 10 minutes from the local market. Close to restaurants, shops, massage ...
- The rooms are arranged around a large tropical garden with pool. It is quiet and peaceful.
- The staff is friendly and try to help with your questions or problems. Cafeteria staff is helpful and professional.
- Breakfast, without being spectacular, is correct and plentiful. Includes tea or coffee, toast, eggs and some fruit.
- You can pay by credit card at no extra charge.

Negative:
- The rooms are not very original, and somewhat spoiled.
- The official prices of the hotel are extremely expensive for the quality of the rooms. We reserve the first night hotel for $ 40 Agoda when the price they had was $ 120.
- When asked for two additional nights at the same price, at first got problems, but later agreed and they respected us the price. (Best to book in any web page or at least know what the real price)
- They do not have WIFI in the rooms, unless you get one just above the cafeteria.
- The hotel taxi service for excursions is just as expensive than if you hire on the street. Should have lower prices for guests staying at the hotel.

CONCLUSIONS:

Well-located hotel with lovely garden and friendly staff. Rooms adequate but not spectacular and totally overvalued official prices.
Recommended? Depends on what you pay.
Return to this hotel if not pay more than $ 40 per night with breakfast and A/C included.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JAVA1977

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Great atmosphere, kind people and a good nights sleep. It has the perfect location because its close enough to walk all over town during the day and at night its an easy walking distance to restaurants, clubs, and bars. But not so close that you can hear blasting music. You get a wonderful nights sleep :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
USA
Reviewed August 24, 2011

It looks good from the outside, but you can do better on the same street for the same price. Their pool was always crowded. Maybe that had to do with the rooms which had very little character. The room was just a room. I had an AC room, but I might as well hadn’t. It was weak. Hmm, that’s another reason the pool may have been always busy.

I had serious bed bugs in my bed. Not the kind you can see. I was itching so badly I had to slip into my trusty sleep sac brought along specifically for if such situations should happen to find me. This was a rare occasion that it did.

To conclude with some good points, it is located centrally on Monkey Forest Road and breakfast is brought to your balcony. They have a big pool.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We arrived in Ubud without any reservations.. figured we'd wing it and scout around for accommodation once we arrived there. Walked into Ubud Inn and Spa and was sold as soon as we saw the rooms. Location is central, shops and market all in walking distance from the Inn. Rooms were clean and simple (we got the suite facing the pool), helpful staff greeted you by name and breakfast was delish! Definitely returning when I head over to Ubud again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I were in Ubud and wanted to get a massage. We passed Ubud Inn and it looked decent from the outside. We decided to get 2 60-minute massages. As soon as we were led to our room I started having second thoughts. The room looked dirty and the fabric on the massage table was damp. I thought it was leftover from the last person. Reluctantly, I climbed onto the massage table.

About 10 minutes into the massage, someone yells for my masseuse and she leaves! I have NEVER had anyone leave in the middle of a massage. She was only gone a couple of minutes but I was annoyed. Then 10 minutes later she leaves AGAIN. This time I hear her go pee outside the room. She flushed the toilet and came straight back without washing her hands! I'm not sure why I didn't leave at this point.

Next, she asked me to turnover. The next thing I know, she pulls the sheet down to the waist, exposing my breasts. Then she massaged my stomach with my breasts still uncovered. I have had enough massages in Indonesia, Thailand and the US to know that this is NOT ACCEPTABLE. The masseuse was supposed to keep my breasts coved at all times.

Finally, the massage came to an end. I looked at my watch and my 60-minute massage was only 40 minutes.

This was the most disturbing massage of my life. I only paid for a fraction of the actual cost. I know this site is for reviewing the hotel itself but I wanted to warn the guests about the massage. If the massage rooms and service are this bad, I can't imagine what the hotel is like.

Please learn from my mistake and stay away from this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kfabbri

Travelers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here because we arrived in Ubud at 2 am and this was the first hotel we came across that was open at that hour. The room rate was $55/ night, which is very high, especially since the flush was not working properly and the shower system was the strangest I have ever seen (also there is no shower/ bath unit, simply a shower head attached to one corner of the bathroom. I would advise booking ahead and staying elsewhere. On a positive note, breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Friendly staff with good English willing to help you. Gardens are beautiful and spacious. Rooms are generous in size, beds very comfortable and the food is excellent at very reasonable prices. We have stayed here many times and know that we will not get sick from the food here. Centrally located to all that Ubud has to offer. Will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Ask to have a look at the rooms available.