“Great Hospitality!”
Review of Ubud Inn Cottages

Ubud Inn Cottages
Ranked #154 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We arrived in Ubud without any reservations.. figured we'd wing it and scout around for accommodation once we arrived there. Walked into Ubud Inn and Spa and was sold as soon as we saw the rooms. Location is central, shops and market all in walking distance from the Inn. Rooms were clean and simple (we got the suite facing the pool), helpful staff greeted you by name and breakfast was delish! Definitely returning when I head over to Ubud again!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I were in Ubud and wanted to get a massage. We passed Ubud Inn and it looked decent from the outside. We decided to get 2 60-minute massages. As soon as we were led to our room I started having second thoughts. The room looked dirty and the fabric on the massage table was damp. I thought it was leftover from the last person. Reluctantly, I climbed onto the massage table.

About 10 minutes into the massage, someone yells for my masseuse and she leaves! I have NEVER had anyone leave in the middle of a massage. She was only gone a couple of minutes but I was annoyed. Then 10 minutes later she leaves AGAIN. This time I hear her go pee outside the room. She flushed the toilet and came straight back without washing her hands! I'm not sure why I didn't leave at this point.

Next, she asked me to turnover. The next thing I know, she pulls the sheet down to the waist, exposing my breasts. Then she massaged my stomach with my breasts still uncovered. I have had enough massages in Indonesia, Thailand and the US to know that this is NOT ACCEPTABLE. The masseuse was supposed to keep my breasts coved at all times.

Finally, the massage came to an end. I looked at my watch and my 60-minute massage was only 40 minutes.

This was the most disturbing massage of my life. I only paid for a fraction of the actual cost. I know this site is for reviewing the hotel itself but I wanted to warn the guests about the massage. If the massage rooms and service are this bad, I can't imagine what the hotel is like.

Please learn from my mistake and stay away from this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kfabbri
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here because we arrived in Ubud at 2 am and this was the first hotel we came across that was open at that hour. The room rate was $55/ night, which is very high, especially since the flush was not working properly and the shower system was the strangest I have ever seen (also there is no shower/ bath unit, simply a shower head attached to one corner of the bathroom. I would advise booking ahead and staying elsewhere. On a positive note, breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Friendly staff with good English willing to help you. Gardens are beautiful and spacious. Rooms are generous in size, beds very comfortable and the food is excellent at very reasonable prices. We have stayed here many times and know that we will not get sick from the food here. Centrally located to all that Ubud has to offer. Will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Ask to have a look at the rooms available.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Ubud Inn is close and very accessible to a lot of Balinese restaurants(Bebek Bengil), souvenir shops and tour operators. Their staff are courteous - they will greet you whenever you pass by and help you carry your stuffs

My friends stayed here for 1 night and we got a standard 2-storey villa. The ammenities are so so - comfy & clean bed, good air-conditioning, enough power outlets to charge your electronic gadgets. Everything in our villa is ok but the comfort room badly needs renovation - floor tiles, tub, toilet and sink need replacement.

They serve good breakfast (main + fruits + coffee) - you will get what you've paid for but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Whent to Bali in the high season and it can be quite a hazzel to get a room in any town of the island if you have not booked in advance.
Compared to other months the prices are also much higher due to the high season.

The prices here were fair compared to the season, the staff was very friendly and helped us getting a driver who took us around the island for 2 days. We really enjoyed the tours and had a great experience!
Nice breakfast and the pool area was very nice as well. Rooms are probably what you expect, nothing fancy or anything but there's everything you need.

Ubud Inn is central located in Ubud close to Monkey Forest and downtown.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheTrueGreatDane
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Ubud Inn and would definitely return. We spent a lot of time in the pool which was clean, the restaurant and the nearby Monkey Forest were also great. There is also a great market just up the road, a laundry opposite and many great restaurants nearby. Our beds were comfortable and linen very clean.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family