After booking another Ubud hotel for 5 nights, we were informed upon arrival that they had overbooked and that we had now been booked into Tanna Mehra for 2 of the 5 nights. We wish it had been the FIVE nights! The place is 4-5 kms out of central Ubud but it is worth the distance. It is like a residential museum. Every corner has unique pieces of Balinese history placed in them. We had a lovely lunch in one restaurant, a full a la carte breakfast in another, infinity pool, free shuttle into town, what more can anyone want?
As for the enormous studio room (no 6) we had, it was equipped with vaulted ceilings, a huge copper bath and marble shower, 2 huge king sized four poster beds, paintings and antiquities in every corner and a television as well!!! On top of this, there is a museum with pieces collected by the owner over 46 years. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel as a unique experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Tanah Merah Art resort is located only 4 km (4000 m) from the center of busy Ubud. The short scenic route from Ubud winds thru rice terraces with view of the big volcanoes until you arrive at the hotel with the only access in Ubud to the Petanu river in the jungle, where you can swim up to the waterfall. The 18 villas and rooms are decorated with art and antiques. The unique museum and gallery here take you thru 2000 years of Indonesian and Balinese history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanah Merah Art Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Art Resort Ubud, Bali