Traveled in a group of 6 to Ubud in May 2014. It was our first time to Bali and we picked Tanah Merah as our hotel in Ubud based on the reviews we read on Tripadvisor. The actual place looked even better in person than on pictures. We had Bali Villa 1 (both rooms) and Bali Villa 2 and the rooms were super clean, beds were comfortable and the view spectacular, overlooking the jungle and could hear the river from the rooms. Each villa came with its own private patio, It was a great escape for all of us who are used to be living in large cities like Boston, NYC or Seattle. The Bali Villas are just steps away from the reception so not many stairs to walk, easily accessible for elderlies but I would recommend Bali Villa 2 over Bali Villa 1 for those who need to go to bathroom frequently during the night or poor vision - bathroom for Bali Villa 2 is directly accessible from the room whereas bathroom for Bali Villa 2 is located as a stand alone unit and shared between Bali Villa 1 room 1 located on the same level of the bathroom and room 2 which is a stand alone room with a outdoor staircase (must climb down the staircase to go to toilet). The traditional Balinese bathrooms were each super cutely decorated with flowers and stone carvings. Water flow from shower was a little bit weak most likely due to the piping system. Breakfast was included and choices were decent and it could be delivered to the room if desired. The brave ones can also walk down the staircases close to the restaurant where you have breakfast (there 2 restaurants) to the river but make sure to wear proper shoes and beware of uneven steps - with some luck you may see wild monkeys. Staff was super friendly and always smiley. Our only regrets - only stayed for 3 nights and did not have a chance to enjoy the beautiful swimming pools and also explore the Museum and Private Collection (need about 2 hrs for the special tour). Also if you get to talk to Herman, the owner of the place, he has traveled around and has many stories to share. Hopefully we get to travel back to Bali again in the near future! This was by far the best hotel experience I've ever had in my entire life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Tanah Merah Art resort is located only 4 km (4000 m) from the center of busy Ubud. The short scenic route from Ubud winds thru rice terraces with view of the big volcanoes until you arrive at the hotel with the only access in Ubud to the Petanu river in the jungle, where you can swim up to the waterfall. The 18 villas and rooms are decorated with art and antiques. The unique museum and gallery here take you thru 2000 years of Indonesian and Balinese history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanah Merah Art Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Art Resort Ubud, Bali