Room - We booked a bungalow room (~$100, their cheapest actually) but when we got in the resort, they told us that they have upgraded our room to a two-floor villa. Confused at first. When the staff showed our villa for the night, I was like, "wow seriously, is this a free upgrade?" The villa had 2 rooms (which is actually not needed since we're only two), a very spacious detached bathroom, a veranda with many comfy bean bags and an overlooking view of a beautiful gorge. We loved the feel of our room and the beautifully quilted sheets.
Maintenance - mosquito/insect repellers were replenished right on so the insects were not really a problem (normal on hotels situated in a forest). no cleanliness issues here.
Infinity Pool - they had two infinity pools. I loved the largest pool with the view of the gorge.
Breakfast - the only thing i think that needed improvement was their breakfast. Don't get me wrong cause they actually serve good breakfast with a number of options to choose from. I ordered for an american breakfast; but it had a small croissant, a rough bacon strip and a slice of thick brown bread that was too heavy to chew and swallow. I just hope they had a better choice of breads. actually, it was really not a big deal for me because i was too hungry to complain (drinking my coffee/fresh lemon juice while day-dreaming with a view of the gorge made me forget about the bread rants too) lol.
Staff and security - everyone was friendly and they made sure that they meet your needs while in the resort. check-in and check-out were hassle-free.
Location - uhm, we hired a scooter from the center. so commuting to the resort was not a problem. but considering its distance from ubud's center, i must say that the location can be a challenge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Tanah Merah Art resort is located only 4 km (4000 m) from the center of busy Ubud. The short scenic route from Ubud winds thru rice terraces with view of the big volcanoes until you arrive at the hotel with the only access in Ubud to the Petanu river in the jungle, where you can swim up to the waterfall. The 18 villas and rooms are decorated with art and antiques. The unique museum and gallery here take you thru 2000 years of Indonesian and Balinese history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanah Merah Art Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Art Resort Ubud, Bali