The resort is beautiful set amongst the rice fields and in the midst of a forest. We stayed in the studio rooms. They are large and can easily accommodate a family of four. The place is clean and well maintained.
The best thing about the resort are the staff. They are friendly and make an effort to make you feel at home. The sense of security is great. On the first day we checked in and went out and forgot to lock our bags. There was money lying around and the staff had come around to turn down the covers in the afternoon. But we did not find anything missing.
The cons are that the place is a little distant from Ubud and the road is dark and deserted in the evenings. So walking back is ruled out. Also the hotel shuttle is there only till about 6 PM. We did not face a problem since we had a car but if you do not have your own transport, I guess there could be a problem.
When we were there, two restaurants were open. The menu is not large and cooking is competent but not great. Considering the number of rooms this is OK.
In the studio, the showers did not work well and all that we got was a thin trickle of water. So if you like a shower after a long day you will be disappointed.
The studio does not have a fan and has one aircon that is placed over the door. The rooms have large windows but if there is no breeze then you feel the lack of a fan. The problem is less in the night as switching on the aircon makes the room cool. We did not spend much time in the resort during the day but could be a problem.
The studio faces the backyard of a house and they tend to throw all their trash in the backyard (see picture and video). Not only does this make for an unpleasant sight but also results in a foul smell. Not something that can be addressed by the resort but a problem nonetheless.
If you are a light sleeper the sounds of the rooster crowing are too loud and will wake you up.
One of the reviewers mentions about the pool being dirty but we used it and the water was clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Tanah Merah Art resort is located only 4 km (4000 m) from the center of busy Ubud. The short scenic route from Ubud winds thru rice terraces with view of the big volcanoes until you arrive at the hotel with the only access in Ubud to the Petanu river in the jungle, where you can swim up to the waterfall. The 18 villas and rooms are decorated with art and antiques. The unique museum and gallery here take you thru 2000 years of Indonesian and Balinese history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanah Merah Art Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Art Resort Ubud, Bali