Absolutely a 10 out of 10 experience. I paid for a upgrade to the "Mads Lange pool villa" for a few nights. The pool villa is worth every penny of money and It blew my mind away. It was private and huge and gave sweeping unobstructed views of a lush green valley.
I stayed in a studio as well and also found this environment to be fantastic and luxurious. the bathrooms were particularly beautiful in all rooms. Nice big deep soaker tubs and plenty of super hot water.
The Infinity pool is really clean and nice. there are green tiles on the floor of the pool. This can give the appearance of a light green colour in the water. Perhaps this is why people think the pools may have been dirty in other reviews? Well I have seen the world and been to many resorts and the pool at the Tenah Merah was crystal clean and better than many places I have been to. The view of the valley from the infinity pool was also very special.
The food in the restaurant was very fresh and the steak in particular really impressed me. Make a point of dining at this resort.
The owner has created a gallery and museum of Indonesian artefacts. The rooms in the museum are worthy of the Smithsonian or British museum.
You will be very pleased with all aspects of your stay. This is a very real Bali experience and it is in a small village close to Ubud. the place is timeless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique Tanah Merah Art resort is located only 4 km (4000 m) from the center of busy Ubud. The short scenic route from Ubud winds thru rice terraces with view of the big volcanoes until you arrive at the hotel with the only access in Ubud to the Petanu river in the jungle, where you can swim up to the waterfall. The 18 villas and rooms are decorated with art and antiques. The unique museum and gallery here take you thru 2000 years of Indonesian and Balinese history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tanah Merah Art Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanah Merah Resort & Gallery Hotel Ubud
- Tanah Merah Resort And Gallery
- Tanah Merah Hotel Gallery
- Tanah Merah Art Resort Ubud, Bali