All reviews hibiscus room monkey forest cafe wayan day bed laka leke restaurant quiet side moss covered short walk afternoon tea steep steps dogs barking valley view ceiling fan jungle setting mosquito coils sister hotel tropical paradise
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

This place was a secluded paradise for us - a great way to start our honeymoon. Sadly, we could only stay for one night but it was a perfect first night. Next to the monkeys with amazing views and the pool was lovely to cool off in. To top it off we were given breakfast on our private terrace and the staff went above and beyond!
Would come back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank willworsfold
alamindahbali, Front Office Manager at Alam Indah, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Thank you for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially our location.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and couldnt believe how beautiful the place was with the beautiful gardens. The service was amazing and so accomodating. The breakfast was delicious. A very relaxing and beauitful hotel that would highly recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
alamindahbali, Front Office Manager at Alam Indah, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Dear Anna,
Thank you for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
Nice to hear you enjoy your stay with us especially our gardens, our service and the breakfast,

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Right next to the monkey forest, this hotel is a little gem. Authentic architecture, amazing big room with a stunning terasse with a view (we had a standard double room, not a suite!), amazing pool with breath taking view, simple but great breakfast, very peaceful atmosphere, super attentive staff, cleanliness on point and a free shuttle to the town until 9.30 pm ! This is a very very good place to stay while visiting Ubud. Good to know: tours can be arranged very easily upon request, haidresser availlible upon request, laundry service, room service, huge bed, airco and fan. The only little downside we can think of: due to the architecture, the room wasnt soundproof at all, and the environment (crickets, monkeys, dogs, rain...) can be loud.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank goodfoodaddict89
alamindahbali, Front Office Manager at Alam Indah, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Thank you for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
Nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

My original room had an incredible view of a valley, but once I realized there was someone above me, I asked for a top floor room. I offered to pay more but they made the change with no extra charge.

They gifted me a welcome basket of delicious tropical fruit. My first morning, I brought a mango from this gift basket to breakfast with me. When I asked for a knife to cut it, they cut it up for me.

They did my laundry for a small fee. They brought mosquito coils to my balcony every evening.

The rest of my tour group was staying at Alam Jiwa, a sister hotel down the street. Alam Indah provided a driver to shuttle me back and forth, free of charge.

I wanted to buy a lamak, which is a traditional Hindu item. I was given the name of a store 15 minutes away. The Alam Indah hotel driver not only took me to the store. He spent ten minutes translating for me, since I don’t speak Balinese and the owner didn't speak English.

After that, he drove me to the Post Office so I could box up and ship my souvenirs. He told me when I was ready, I could call Alam Indah, and he would pick me up too!

The breakfast staff went out of their way to accommodate my special diet (gluten-free and vegetarian).

When I had to meet my tour group at a certain time, one of the hotel staff came to my door to let me know it was time for a ride to Alam Jiwa.

After I departed, I realized I left my fake tooth in the hotel bathroom. I emailed them and was relieved to discover they found it. They shipped it to my next hotel in Yogyakarta.

The only downside was that a house next to the hotel has two dogs that barked when I or my hotel neighbor walked up our staircases to our rooms. (The dogs could see us over the fence on the property line.)

However, barking dogs are a problem throughout Bali. Fortunately, at Alam Indah, I didn’t hear any barking between about 10pm and 7am.

As an extra bonus, the reception desk clerk Tami is also a talented gamelan dancer.

Room tip: The room Hibiscus has the best view. The room Pisang is the quietest.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Trevor J
alamindahbali, Front Office Manager at Alam Indah, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

Dear Trevor,
Thank you so much for taking time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
Nice to hear you enjoy your stay with us.
Best regards,
Alam Indah

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

This place is a true paradise. Set in lush greenery with river flowing down side and is located just next to monkey forest. Alam indah is one of the finest resorts I have ever stayed in. Lovely breakfast, amazing swimming pool , great services and best staff that a resort can have. I checked in very late due to flight delay and all my emails were promptly answered irrespective of timings. I checked in at around 1.30am and was promptly given room without asking for payment. Since I was late they kept me fruit basket in the room incase if I am hungry. If u walk down to left u can go to monkey forest and ubud town. If u walk down to right you see some super markets some shops and bikes on rent and some restaurants and bars. Chilli cottage was one of the best resto visited for dinner during my stay. I hardly got time to spend at this resort. I was staying for only 2 nights. All in 1 this place is amazing and must spend minimum 4 to 5 nights. I still miss this place like crazy. Many things to see around at short distance. Whenever I am here i will be staying with you guys and will recommend alam indah to all.

Trip type: Traveled solo