Alam Indah
$272
$226
$182
Agoda.com
All reviewshibiscus roommonkey forestcafe wayanday bedlaka lekequiet sideshort walksteep stepsceiling fanjungle settingmosquito nettwo storeysister hotelwater pressuretropical paradisesmall hotelubud centre
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I are in our second week at this hotel and we are appreciating every minute there! We have both travelled a lot and we agree that this place is really special because it is hidden - the staff is wonderfully helpful, kind, smiling , friendly all what you wish
when you are on holiday !
Our rooms are lovely, the breakfast
is delicious and can be healthy or naughty as you wish - the gardens are wonderful and it is a short walk to Ubud! We enjoy the pool area never too busy, the free hotel shuttle takes us to our yoga classes or to our favorite Spa place and comes and pick us up!
We have gorgeous flowers on our rooms and terraces freshly cut!
We can't ask for anymore - now there are no television which for us is a blessing - there is so much to do in Ubud and Bali in general so a tv is not necessary! Go and enjoy this lovely hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Karine D
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had a wonderful time in Alam Indah. The staff was great, the room, pool and surroundings were beautiful and it was a great place to explore Ubud.
We stayed for 3 nights in the Jepun room. The room didn't had aircon but we didn't need it, as the fan was more than enough(we visited in July). Wifi worked very well, probably because our room was situated near the breakfast area.

Location was very good, as it's an easy walk to the centre of Ubud(you can walk trough te monkey forest or take a path next to it but don't forget a torch, as it was very dark at night). The free shuttle bus was amazing. It was arranged very quickly. After dinner in Ubud we would walk back to Cafe Wayan(the hotels owns that too) and take the shuttle from there, but you could also ask your restaurant to phone them up to arrange a pick-up.

We had an amazing stay in Alam Indah!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maaaaria_91
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was our second stay at alam indah and can I say without reservation, we didn't even consider staying anywhere else when planning our trip to Ubud in December 2013. This time we brought our friends with us who stayed in the Gardenia Room. We stayed in Rambutan, only because we have done so previously. rambutan does not have airconditioning, but even in the middle of Bali's hot and humid summer, the ceiling and pedestal fans were more than adequate. We ventured into the Gardenia room with our friends and it is absolutely beautiful. For an extra couple of dollars a night, this room has airconditioning, extra room and is fitted out beautifully.

To the staff at alam indah, as always, than you very much for our stay with you again. You are the best we have come across in our travels and will not only highly recommend you to others, but will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you can get Gardenia, do so, if not, any room is sensational.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

A wonderful hotel in the charming village of Nyuh Kuning, close to Ubud (easy access to Ubud by shuttle, or by foot through the Monkey Forest).
We were 8 friends, and stayed at all three hotels of the Alam Indah Group: Alam Indah, Alam Shanti and Alam Jiwa. Each has its own charm. I particularly liked Alam Jiwa, with beautiful and ever-changing views over the rice paddies and Mount Agung… Beautiful, well-kept gardens in all three hotels. You are really close to nature!
Special mention for the wonderful, friendly, helpful and professional staff, who go out of their way to please you! Easy communication throughout the reservation process.
The best way to enjoy life the Balinese way! I will definitely stay there next time I travel to Bali!

Room Tip: Each room has its own charm. Wonderful outdoors bathrooms. Nice terraces… very hard to choose!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Epiktrip
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Having travelled around Bali a couple of times years and years ago, I chose to stay at Alam Indah that I had known before and planned to make some daily trips from there, while waiting for my daughter to join me later. I changed my mind and used the stay there as a sort of personal retreat - it was soooo beautiful, peaceful and excellent care from the people working there, especially since I found quite by chance a local Yoga place: Taman Hati, a five minute walk from Alam Indah. The day started with a swim in the pool, usually whilst one of the women working there put up the morning offerings on all the shrines in the property. She was shortly followed by the monkeys from nearby monkey forest who enjoyed their breakfast from the offerings: rice and banana slices. Breakfast was a great choice of fresh juces, fruit and a main dish of either international of Balinese taste with cups and cups of Bali coffee. In the afternoon tea was served with cake from Cafe Wayan in Ubud, where the whole Alam Hotel group started a few decades ago! The room was clean, quiet from traffic but a symphony of frog quacks and gecko calls accompanied my dreams.I also met some nice and interesting travellers there......in the Ubud area, THE place to be or Alam Jiwa, where my daughter and I stayed for a few days.

Room Tip: the rooms are all good...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo