Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
agnes184
Knoxville, Tennessee

Fantastic hotel

Review of Alam Indah Ubud
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 31, 2012
Loved this hotel! Staff was sup helpful and friendly. Hotel was gorgeous ..... Located close to the Monkey Forest in small village just outside of Ubud. Perfect location to stay in my opinion .... Walking distance to Ubud with hotel shuttle that runs all day to drop you off and pick you up. Very convenient. Beautiful gardens and pool with amazing views. You walk up from the street, up a candlelit driveway, which means that your rooms are quiet. Loved the decks and balconies off the rooms and bungalows and the semi outdoor showers/bathrooms. Breakfast is superb with fresh juices and very ample. Glorious place, great value, very special!
Date of stay: December 2012
Room Tip: I loved the Cocunut Room .... Huge room, bathroom with huge tub and outdoor shower, big balcony...
Trip type: Traveled solo
    $214
    $214
2.0 miles from Alam Indah Ubud
View more hotels in Ubud
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend. We loved everything about the property especially the incredible jungle sounds at night. The only problem was our very first and last impressions. We carried our incredibly heavy packs down a long, steep hill to get to the hotel. The staff watched us do this without offering assistance and would have watched us carry our packs up several flights of stairs too if I hadn't asked for help. We had the same problem when we left. As soon as we checked out we were on our own and had no help getting our packs down the stairs and to the car. This was surprising given the incredibly warm reception we had everywhere else in Bali.

5  Thank CanadaClare
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I, along with our 10 month old daughter, had the pleasure of staying at Alam Indah for 4 nights at the start of December.

What immediately struck me was the friendly laid back nature of the staff. Everything here just seemed so much more chilled out than anywhere else we went in Bali, and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.

Breakfast and dinner were fantastic and our room - Mawar was clean, spacious and had a fantastic view over the river valley behind us, lined with coconut palms and starfruit trees.
I almsot don't want to tell people how great this place is for fear of it becoming too popular, but the folks at Alam Indah deserve the praise. This place was the highlight of our stay in Bali.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just returned from a trip to Alam Indah from 5-8 December 2012 with my family including 2 children, 11 and 8. We stayed in the Rambutan suite which was perfect for our family. With a huge master bedroom upstairs, 2 single beds downstairs, you really couldn't ask for more. Rambutan does not have air conditioning and even though we sweltered through typical December heat, the ceiling and pedestal fans were more than adequate.

If you are looking for the best family destination in Bali, this is not it as there are no programmed kids activities, the pool is great, but has no water slides etc. Alam Indah is a relaxing retreat, far removed from the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Legian. That being said, if your kids can entertain themselves without the need of televisions etc (just as we did when we were kids), then this is the place for you.

The centre of Ubud is a short stroll through the Monkey Forrest. It would be no longer than 10 minutes. We took the walk about 3 times a day and hardly ever got hassled.

Another slight downfall of Alam Indah is that they don't have the usual restaurant set up that many of the large resorts have. Breakfast and afternoon tea are held near reception in a very charming area, which is conjucive to discussing daily activities with the other guests. The food is of great quality, but we ate out each night for dinner. If you head towards Ubud by foot, within 200 metres there are a number of fine restaurants where you can pay up to $60 AUD for all the food and drinks you could possibly have for dinner. Just before you enter the Monkey Forrect, there is a quaint cafe where meals are about $3 - $5 AUD each and it is great quality.

Overall I would rate Alam Indah as an experience that you should undertake if heading to Ubud. It is very well priced, exceptionally well maintained and the staff were superb. Having travelled to Bali since the late 1980's, this is what Kuta and Legian was like back then.

N.B. Please don't discount staying at Alam Indah based on my ratings for kids activities and restaurant. The ratings were only low as compared to many family resorts in Bali. I would definately take my family to Alam Indah over many resorts that provide kids activities.

Can I also recommend you book direct with Alam Indah through their website. We did and all emails etc were promptly returned, our accommodation was exactly as arranged and we had no issues.

To the team at Alam Indah, thank you for a memorable stay and we look forward to coming back on our next trip.

Chris, Sam and Kids.

Room tip: Each room has their advantages and disadvantanges as mentioned by other travellers at Alam Indah whilst we were there. I do not think you could find a poor room at this place. Be guided by staff when booking, they are very honest and will assist where they can.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank ChrisG932
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I didn't want to put in this review - I didn't want anyone else to know about this amazing hotel.

But since we have already secured our return booking its all ok. The Alam Indah is part of a group of hotels (Alam Group) all owned by the same family.

Location: It is located in the village of Nyuh Kuning a short walk from the Ubud Monkey Forest. As a tip you can walk around the monkey forest along the motorcycle path and that way it is free and it also helps to avoid the little monkeys!

Check-In: You will wonder where you are when you arrive, the driveway is quite long and the hotel reception is up some imposing looking stone stairs. The stone walls and stairs hide an oasis, a lush green paradise. On arrival you are greeted with a refreshing freshly made juice whilst you take care of the paperwork.

Room: We stayed in the Lily Room which I beleive is one of the smallest in the place, but I can assure you that it was more than enough for the two of us. It was also tucked away in a corner of the complex and you almost have your own private garden out the front, and your own stairs down to the pool area.

The fixtures in the room are very basic, the furniture is comfortable but almost antique in style. It was so lovely.

Honestly I can't say enough about how nice this place is - the staff will bend over backwards to help you out - they offer a car service which will pick you up from restaurants in the Ubud area, you just ring them up (or get the Restaurant to ring them) and they will send a car for you.

Now just as a note/warning - this is very much a place to get in touch with nature, in the sense that you are in the forest - and you know what else is in the forrest? Animals - you will have geckos in your room, you will have mozzies (but the staff put out mozzie coils each night), and you will wake to the sounds of monkeys.

This place is amazing - such a fantastic place, honestly I could keep writing - if you want to know anything else more specific please message me.

Room tip: Lily Room was quiet and tucked away, it does have a few stairs to get down to it, so if you want less stairs ask for a room closer to reception.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaverickRoss
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have so many wonderful things to say about Alam Indah I don't know where to start, The Gardenia Suite was a unique, intimate, utterly beautiful retreat that I will treasure in memory for many years to come. The staff were unbelievably kind, professional, helpful and unobtrusive. It's only a 15 minute walk to the center of Ubud, and the walk is an interesting and enjoyable path through the Money Forest. We only stayed one night, but I wish it could have been 5. If you are looking for a secluded natural retreat, away from the hustle and bustle, this is your paradise.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple