We paid Rp250,000/night for 2 people for 6 nights.
Location: approx. 5 mins walk from centre. On same street as Radiantly Alive yoga studio + Bali Budda.
Nice pool and seating area. Free freshwater available, but warm-hot from water cooler as it is left out in sun all day! Room was nice ("Kecak") with good powerful ceiling fan above bed, lockable wardrobe and en suite bathroom with hot powerful shower.
The wifi did not stretch to the room (and some rooms were even further away), so using the internet during the evening involved sitting by the pool and getting shredded by mosquitoes!! (despite 50% DEET and a coil!) Bad mosquitoes is an Ubud thing though..
Breakfast was rubbish, just about edible, a lot of people chose to eat out even though it was free. You get something different + melon every day (no choice), and it was usually something cooked early on, which you got when you got up (e.g. omelette/pancake/terrible scrambled egg)...
Staff quite friendly and helpful, although persistantly nagged about organising activities for us - I presume they receive commission although they denied this.
Okay for 250,000 for deluxe room + pool, as we arrived on the day, but in no way worth the 500,000 they supposedly charge!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flourish with authentic Balinese hospitality and discover the mystique of old Ubud in "wish is our command" colorful themed huts including abundant daily room service breakfast and formal afternoon tea in botanical pavilion while watching Balinese girls make traditional spiritual offerings. Find repose in air-conditioned Elizabethan library decorated with antiques or reinvigorate in jungle-side bath. Our eco-friendly bungalow in a secluded ravine is a seven-minute walk from Ubud Center/Palace. Hassle-free transportation and in-room massage available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Cottage Hotel Ubud
- Matahari Cottage b&b
- Matahari Cottage Bed And Breakfast Ubud, Bali