I guess it is an open air environment but having a rat in our room two nights in a row was not cool. Matahari was recently listed in Lonely Planet so they are building in every corner of the property. The sound of the hammer echoed in our room for the duration of our stay.
I think the growth has gone to their heads an thus the quality of the cute little B&B listed in the LP is well, outdated.
The staff was nice, the breakfast was mediocre. Better to go down the block a few feet and eat at the Bali Buddha and also find somewhere else to stay.
This is my 8th trip to Bali and I wouldn't stay at the Matahari again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flourish with authentic Balinese hospitality and discover the mystique of old Ubud in "wish is our command" colorful themed huts including abundant daily room service breakfast and formal afternoon tea in botanical pavilion while watching Balinese girls make traditional spiritual offerings. Find repose in air-conditioned Elizabethan library decorated with antiques or reinvigorate in jungle-side bath. Our eco-friendly bungalow in a secluded ravine is a seven-minute walk from Ubud Center/Palace. Hassle-free transportation and in-room massage available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matahari Cottage Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Cottage Hotel Ubud
- Matahari Cottage b&b
- Matahari Cottage Bed And Breakfast Ubud, Bali