“Just right”
Review of Nick's Homestay

Nick's Homestay
Ranked #195 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Nick's Homestay was not too expensive and not too lavish. It is a great little authentic selection of rooms cosily fitted in a garden atmosphere. Very relaxed and laid back, great price, great service.

Would definitely go back, one of the best places we stayed.

Room Tip: As far as I am aware, all the rooms are the same
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 25, 2013

In the day and at night the small section of bungalows are decorated wonderfully with lanterns, birds and water features.
Everytime my friend and I returned from a bicycle ride or visiting the monkey forest there was a cup of black tea waiting on our little porch where breakfast was presented to us every morning. Great selection of breakfast too!
Each bungalow has a porch; a great place to meet other travellers passing as you sit outside. Our room was fan and basic but with the wonderful scenery outside sights of Ubud you wouldn't want anything more fancy to be honest. One of the staff gave us an insect repellent to scare away those nasty mosquitoes which was a friendly gesture.

The only fault would be the location BEHIND the bungalow where you would here roosters in the morning...sounded like they were being slaughtered?? A little bit disturbing at 6 in the morning, but hey, gets you up for the morning I guess.
Staff were very friendly, I would definitely stay in this cosy homestay again!

Room Tip: Rooms further down are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica7993
Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a wonderfully accomodating business. First I extended my stay at short notice - this was not a problem. Then I got delayed in transit and arrived late - this was not a problem. The recommendations made were spot on and they even assisted me with bookings for places I wanted to visit that were not part of what was advertised. The happy faces all day long by everyone associated with Nicks Homestay speak volumes. My recommendations have been flowing since my return home

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Ubud was the only place me and my husband arrived without booking, and after going to 2 different guesthouses we went o Nick's and loved it! the room was clean an tidy, we chose a fan only, so at night was a bit hot, no hot shower but didn't want one anyway! breakfast was very good and the price for the transfer to Depansar Airport was good!

Room Tip: for a better sleep, get a rom with AirCon!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I can highly recommend Nick's Homestay because it's like staying in one of the ubiquitous temples we saw everywhere along the way there, with beautiful gardens and located in the heart of Ubud, near good shopping, restaurants, and the Monkey Forest. We also walked to Nick's other properties, which looked equally lovely, although a bit further out of town (but perfect for those who prefer more peace & quiet, in the jungle or rice paddies :-) yet still be close enough to town. Yande was also kind enough to forward my friend's favorite earrings (in a beautiful, carved wooden box), which she'd left behind, to our next hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank internetdj
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My mother and I had booked into Nick's Homestay in February 2013. We had had a full day and were hot and looking forward to a shower.

I had booked and received confirmation for a twin room. When we arrived however, we were told that there were no twin rooms available so we had been given a double room.

Okaaaay, so we checked out our room which was right down the back in the furthest possible and tightest corner. The room looked fine, but no air conditioning, ceiling fan only. This would have been okay if we could have had a shower but the bathroom was appallingly dirty. It was so bad that we went to the supermarket to buy some cleaning products so that we could clean it.

On our way back we looked in at another guesthouse and for $7 more a night we got air con, dressing room and a clean bathroom. So we went back to Nick's and checked out and moved around the corner. I left the cleaning products there for them.

So because we didn't actually stay there I can't really make a fair overall rating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Breakfast: wake up in the morning, tell one of the staff you want breakfast they might speak weird sound of english but actually they mean, "stay at your room, I'll bring for you". but the thing is im not a fan of banana. cz mostly they served banana in everyfood they served.

bedroom: bed was nice, really comfy. romantic. toilet is perfectly clean. but the wall was too thin till a girl next room asked us too slow down our voices. 5 am in the morning, you probably get annoyed by roaster sounds and bird at 7am. I wasn't annoyed by them but some people does.

landscape: the staff have done really nice job to maintaining cleanliness and beauty of their garden. the first tie i came i to check out i was happy already. oh yeah, and also you will never hear the sound of vehicle outside! cool!

pets: they have few birds(they can talk, but the same words i guess) a firendly dog (which he will greet you in the morning by come at you when you are having breakfast. he will leave if you dont play with him)

I love this place i dont mind the noises from nature. oh yeah you also can rent a motorcycle from them only 50k a day.

Room Tip: try room number 4.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple