“Ubud Yes Again Please!”

Ranked #55 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Los Angeles, California
“Ubud Yes Again Please!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place marks truly a remarkable unforgettable adventure that my husband and I had in Ubud. What a hidden gem! The staff is so welcoming and accommodating, pure and loving. We live all the way in CA and when we do make it back to Ubud this is where we will choose to spend our time. Unforgettably relaxing! The breakfast and fresh juices are delicious and the sound of the waterfall while you get massages daily you will remember forever. Thank you so much Ketut and family for making our honeymoon truly relaxing and unforgettable!

Room Tip: I would pay for the suite! You get the sound of the water fall while you sleep each night, its extre...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed March 3, 2013

No doubts, the best kind of attention that someone can find. I spent one week there, and I really enjoyed it. You can rest peacefully, knowing that whichever you need/want will be solve with the help of Ketut, and his family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tomas V
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a nice room and the pool was nice to dip in aft a hot day in Ubud city. Nyoman is a good host and makes an effort to make you feel welcome. Even though next time I would try an other accommodation. I think the price is a bit to high for the little things which bothered me. Not so clean bathroom and towels. A big whole in the mosquitonet. Small breakfast. And additional costs for things which seemed as offered as included at first. Other hotels we went to where more upfront about extra costs (or did not charge the same things like an extra piece of toast and egg for kids or white rice with soto ayam)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent three nights there and had an amazing time, all the people working there were very helpful and friendly and some of the food we had at their restaurant was incredible.

The environment of the place is magical, with a river and a small cascade next to the spa where you can get really good Bali-style massages, it felt like paradise.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Pablo T
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I warily booked Ketut's Place for my 2-day planned stint in Ubud, as there was only one, albeit one glowing review on Agoda, but it turned out so well that I extended my stay there.

Ketut's Place is owned and run by Ketut's family itself, incorporating maintenance, service and restaurant, and despite a few prior negative reviews, I have not experienced anything but amazing from this down-to-Earth and cheery family. Unparalleled attention to detail, and always so available to all guests.

I stayed in an upper-floor standard room with fan, and although apprehensive about the lack of air-conditioning at first (am pampered brat) found it perfect, reminiscent of growing up in the tropics in my parents' Home. I found the pace here relaxing and truly a village experience, with the rainforest and river at night and the roosters waking you up in the morning. All this within 5-10 minutes' walking distance to the mad Ubud hive, and on the other end of the road leading to Ubud, the Rice Paddy Terraces of Tegallalang by bike/motorcycle/car all available services on request!

The restaurant is great as well, with Ketut's wife as the chef! Amazing authentic home cooked Balinese food, and a tour and history of their Home's architecture and traditional Balinese Culture prior to Dinner as well.

All in all, the best hotel in my holidays so far, and I will be sad to leave tomorrow! Will be recommending this slice of Balinese Life to everyone in the future, and hoping to be back someday!

Room Tip: Pick the standard fan upstairs room! Even without airconditioning the winds and fan do their job wel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank York L
Noisy le Sec
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I spent 5 days in Ketut's place where I was warmly welcomed by Ketut and his whole family, especially Nyoman his son with whom we had the chance to talk a lot.
The whole place is very charming composed by separated little house in lots of vegetation makes you feel you're in the middle of nature.
The room was very well decorated in balinese style furniture, large bed and cleaned very day.
It's a very peaceful place when you want to get out of the crowd in Ubud or the traffic. You feel in in the jungle when you bath at the pool and so far away from the noise of the town, sooth by the sound of the river down the place.
The place is very close to the main streets of Ubud, and the start of rice field walks (5 minutes).
You can rent a motorbike directly from the hotel (no difference of price booking outside) to be able to see more of the whole area.
The whole family welcomes you not as a client but as a true guest in their home, we had the chance to stay while there were doing a family ceremony and we were all invited to be part of it and share with them the offerings. We really enjoyed to be given the chance to share a part of balinese lifestyle.
We had a couple of balinese massage, which were all of very good quality (I had many while in Bali to be able to compare).
We were very well informed and advised every time. We booked a becak dance show with them (once more, same price everywhere) which was very well performed. (Ketut was part of the show) .We had many diner at the place, they serve very tasty and fresh food anytime.
I would like to really insist on the fact that we really felt our exchanges were based on true, sound and honest basis, not on an money interested relationship.
I truly recommend to those who want an authentic introduction to balinese people, you should definitely go at Ketut's place.

Room Tip: the Deluxe room is very pleasant.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DoddiefromNoisy
Toronto
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been putting off writing this review because I have been trying to put the whole experience out of my head. I have been trying to forget the constant smell of fish and rotting fruit, the dirty sheets, the stained mattresses, our dark and filthy bathroom. We stayed here for three nights and couldn't wait to get out of there. Our room wasn't cleaned once during our stay (no one even came in to make our beds!). The place is tired and, to quote so many other reviews, 'in desperate need of an upkeep'. The cushions on our patio were so full of mould that we didn't dare sit down. We ordered breakfast for 8:30am and had to inquire at 8:45 a.m. When breakfast finally arrived it was small and tasteless. I had a medical emergency in the middle of the night and had to wake up Ketut and his wife by shouting, which made me feel like a crazy person. They told me that the doctor would not be able to make it until the morning (then why does your website say doctor on call, Ketut?), and that they would call first thing, 8 a.m. Of course, when I saw them the next morning at 9 a.m. they had still not called.

I think Ketut's Place was once they place to go in Bali. I have to believe that Lonely Planet saw charm and potential in it all those years ago. Buts it has since majorly gone downhill and is in danger of being a health hazard. Luckily there are many better places to stay in Ubud.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends