“Very nice private villas”
Review of Villa Santun

Villa Santun
Ranked #28 of 612 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed with Villa Santun via Ubud Padi villas. These villas are brand new, very spacious, nicely furnished, and offer a very private stay with a lovely view of the padi fields/ravine.
But its really made special by the people here. They take pains to offer personalized service - from cooking things that are not on the Menu to picking Rambutans from a nearby tree. Thank you Giant, Gita and all the other lovely people for making out stay so memorable.
Its so close to nature that you are woken up by the Cocks/Hens in the morning :).

Room Tip: Check the view before finalizing. You may go for a villa overlooking Padi fields or a Ravine or mayb...
1  Thank rg1008
VillaSantunUbud, Manager at Villa Santun, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Hi, Good Morning Sir,

Hehehehe, we miss your presence here. 6 months from now, the Rambutans seasons will start over again. Should I hold a villa for you now? heheheh, I wish you and family always in good condition. Send my regards to madam. We miss you both.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Villa Santun is a new villa under the same owner as Ubud Padi Villa though managed by a different team.
My booking was through Ubud Padi Villa and while I was initially skeptical when they showed us to Villa Santun, the moment the staff opened the villa doors, I was won over by the beautiful yet simple furnishings and the private pool with guaranteed privacy by the surrounding forest.
The golf carts were also a nice touch as an eco-friendly alternative to other traditional fuel-powered modes of transport too.

We did a 3 nights' stay in Villa Santun and while the villa offered free shuttles (10-15 min) to Ubud market, we found ourselves choosing to stay in the villa for half the time than wander out as the staff's hospitality made you feel even more comfortable than home!

Just an example of their attention to their guests is on the day of our flight home; Though we've already checked out in the morning, Giant, the manager readily offered us the use of their shower facilities to freshen up before leaving for the airport to catch our evening flight! He also answered our endless questions on the villa as well as shared on his years of personal experiences working overseas which made him more of a friend than just another hotel manager!

It is not difficult to find a beautiful vacation spot in Bali but what differentiates Villa Santun from the rest has to be the enthusiasm of the entire team and their willingness to go the extra mile for each and every guest! I'm already highly recommending this villa to my friends and is definitely worth a visit every time I return to Bali!

Room Tip: Shuttles to the Ubud market are only at fixed timings though the staff are quick to arrange for a ta...
1  Thank Yuen Ling C

Hi Mr. Ling,

I am now lack of word to express my understanding when I read your review. And what makes me even much much happier is that i know you will come back to see us again. hope it will be soon, and longer. We can explore the island together, and found the spread hidden jewel. My staffs sends you regards when I type this.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had three wonderful days in Ubuds Villa Santun - they're very nice situated in the rice fields. Villa Santun is a quiet place to relax with very friendly and helpful staff. All things in Villa Santun were nearly perfect.

Room Tip: We had a privat pool villa - very nice!
1  Thank ThomasN1966

Hi, Sir Thomas,

Very much appreciation for your review about us. We will develop our service to be better in future. On your returen next time, try our special berbeque dinner which we can arrange at your private villa. I can't wait to see you back. Thank you Sir...

Warmest Smile,

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We made a last minute booking and headed to Ubud. We booked Ubud Padi Villa, where we checked in and were warning welcomed including a foot massage. The actual place looked a little tired so we wets very very excited when we were shown to our villa in the neighboring comped. It's brand new and same owner. Villa Satun is just wonderful.

There are steps and you need to call for a golf cart to take you to the street so don't stay here with small kids or anyone with mobility problems.

We had a one bedroom villa which was spacious, private and looked out over a deep ravine and river. The decor was really stylish and the staff were just amazing.

We will be back. They have a brand new for bedroom villa facing the opposite direction so overlooking rice paddies.

It's about 2km from the shops or restaurants you will likely want to see. If on a bike is ultra convenient and just magical. If you need the buggy service the staff can also transfer you to a van to drop you off places. Allow a little extra time for that.

This is my new favorite place in Ubud!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank LookingLooking
VillaSantunUbud, Manager at Villa Santun, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much to share your experience with us. We are really more than happy to made your stay enjoyable. Next time you should stay longer, hehee. Invite also your friends maybe for berbeque party in Villa Santun. So we are now looking forwards for your return.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed in many hotels around the world, from the cheapest ones to the 5 stars. And I found best one in Ubud. When you travel around South East Asia you don't expect good service even in a top hotel chains, but here, in Villa Santun I met exceptional attention to the details. I will definitely stay there during my next visit, and I can recommend it to any traveler who want perfect getaway around rice fields of Ubud.

1  Thank ikuznetsov
VillaSantunUbud, Manager at Villa Santun, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hi,

I still remember both of you. Thank you for your review for us. I will keep the room for you in future. once again many thanks for your kind review. We can't wait to see you back again. (Maybe with your friends as well).

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently booked 4 days at Villa Santun and can't praise the team or the facilities enough. It was so amazing I actually chose to stay in for a few days vs. go wandering in Ubud!
The villas are perfection, the private pools, bathroom, outdoor lounge area and tranquility of the surroundings make for a great little retreat from the 9-5 corporate lifestyle. Highly recommend for solo travellers, couples and families. It's out of the way from the Main Street which means you don't hear the traffic or other environmental noises other then nature. It's pure bliss to sit and listen to nature overlooking your private pool! It's a great place to escape and the team make it utter perfection.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kiwi_Living_In_Oz_09

Dear Our Beloved Guest,

What a such of nice compliment of you. Thank you very much for your review. We will be more and more than happy to welcoming you back again in future. Next time, you should try our new large swimming pool, which have the view of huge rice paddy view next to it. You will have better experience for sure. Send my regards to your beloved ones.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

f you're looking for a very spacious, elegant and luxurious holiday villa with private pool, then this is your place!
I have been staying in Bali in a variety of different places over the last 10 years but now Villa Santun is definitely my favourite! Huge bedroom with high ceiling, air conditioning, TV, dvd and iPhone speaker, with an en-suite semi-open bathroom with a bathtub, big shower and a small garden. And then, a lovely terrace with a comfortable sofa, dining table an a mini bar overlooking your very private garden and pool.
Honestly, this is the standard I used to get in the top five star hotels an here I'm getting all this for a fraction of the price.
The place is very quiet, located in a middle of rice padies where you can go for long walks, yet just five minutes drive from central Ubud. And to get there you can use their compimentary shuttle, so it's really easy.
Staff is very helpful, very polite and efficient. And the best thing is the excellent food their chef can cook for you!
To sum up: a very relaxing holiday with all the lurxurious amenities you can think of.
And, I almost forgot: try their massage by the pool side.
I'm sure I'll be coming back with friends pretty soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Christophe M
VillaSantunUbud, Manager at Villa Santun, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hi Mr. Chris,

Thank you to re-post your review at our new trip TripAdvisor's page and share it with us. We understood that we have just received your other new booking with us. We are happy to welcoming you back very soon.