“Ubud”

and 1 more site!
Ubud Sari Health Resort
Ranked #134 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed November 12, 2009

in a beautifull street, very central, close to Monkey Forrest road and the palace.
Cheap and comfortable resort.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 13, 2009

We booked into UHS because our 1st choice hotel couldn't take us for our first night in Bali. After arriving, we were sad that we didn't book there for the entire stay. The grounds are gorgeous, the staff super friendly, and the location perfect (in my opinion anyway - a 3 minute walk away from the craziness of Monkey Forest Road, 3 minute walk to the Water Palace and the wonderful nightly dance performances there, and literally at the base of an amazing 2 hours rice field walk). The food choices are limited but as vegetarians, we appreciated the healthier and organic options available. Morning yoga classes were a huge plus.

Our room was also great. We had a bungalow which was simple but breathtaking. Surrounded by lush foliage and a small moat, it was secluded and beautiful. Simple, yes, but spotless. It was simple though and maybe could have had an additional place to put belongings for longer stay guests. It maybe was a bit too much money for Ubud, but we would still likely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VegTraveller
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor before I went to Ubud Sari and therefore checked in with some trepidation. I didn't like my room (number 5) at all - too basic and with no real surfaces to put things, or much room to move about. I then went into number 6 next door and it was much nicer - still basic but more spacious with bathtub and a small garden. Apparently room 7 is also nice. However they are clean.
What makes this place so special is the staff - they're great! And also the programs. I was sure I would not be able to fast for 4 days, but as all the other people there were also on the program, it made life much easier. The colonics were better than I have had before and the massage etc were fine. The cranio sacral session was really good as well. So don't go there for a romantic few days but I would suggest considering it if you are serious about doing one of the excellent programs in a comfortable but basic environment. I left there with a different view on life and health so I am grateful to them for their gentle persuasion and encouragement to stick to the program. If I could recommend anything to the resort, it would be to re-do the rooms and also make the pool a little more appealing.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank SusanHongKong
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I loved my little bungalow, with its open air bathroom, and slider door that looked out onto a beautiful creek. I had a Koi pond outside my other window. A/C worked fine. I think the main reason I liked it so much was because I was a solo traveller. The room was $75 per night, and it would not have been suitable for two people. Too small!!! This is a special place but I could see how it may not be everyone's taste. It is a bit rustic but truly peaceful and pretty. I did not do the health spa package; however, I did get a massage that was great. I tried to have another one and they booked me in a totally inappropriate room with no massage table. They expected me to lay on a mat with and I couldn't breathe very well. For being a "health resort", I did find this to be lame. They should have known better. I did not have the massage and I was really bummed. It spite of its quirks, I did really love staying here and found the staff to be very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank haj1229
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I should have read 'trip advisor' - but really didn't think it was big enough to rate a mention.
We only stayed one night (thank god they didn't want payment in advance).

The accommodation was the big problem - for everyone it seems.

A week there is US$1500 each - and the accom was kampung (village) style - dirty and you had to go to the toilet (in your room) in the rain (which of course it was doing as we arrived there) - they didn't quite get the outdoor bathroom concept right! :) can smile NOW.

I had booked aircon for my partner, due to his massive migraines, (part of the reason we were detoxing!) humidity does not agree with him. We didn't get one. Apparently only 4 out of 9 rooms have aircon. The other rooms don't even have windows in the bedroom so you have to cover yourself with a non breathable mossie net (mouldy and dirty with holes).

The local owners are making a FORTUNE at that place but are putting nothing back into the facilities. Staff were mostly lovely too, but they are not the ones who can initiate change.

Treatments were good, but the whole place is grubby. There is no where to relax - certainly not in your rooms.

The facilities barely rate above (low level) backpacker. We met multiple people there who had similar responses. There is no communication between the staff and management. Before you go you are talking to one of the owners - none of your requests are filtered to the staff who have to juggle everyone and their unfulfilled expectations.

we have now found lots of other great options, that really ARE relaxing and healing whilst also detoxing - it is unnecessary to support a facility that is not investing back into itself.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank capturedmoments
Reviewed June 6, 2008

We didn't care for the the hotel we booked (it was beautiful but creepy) and moved to another, then we found Sari and wished we had stayed there from the start. It is family owned and the family is so very gracious. It is a bit secluded and has a great vibe.

We enjoyed great food and great spa treatments (just massage, sauna and whirlpool). It was here that we made good friends with locals and visitors. Our trip to Bali wouldn't have been nearly as meaningful had we not stumbled upon this welcoming place.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank audigraph
Reviewed May 24, 2008

We've stayed at this resort because their website was nice and the massage seemed to be good with healthy restaurant. Turned out to be the restaurant was nothing but a small coffee shop kind, not enough menu to choose from, so we stayed outside to eat, but most of all, one of the worst massages we've ever had. The therapist was not concentrating what she does, spa facility looked filthy, mildewy, the massage bed was not quite massage bed, having hard time to breathe while on the bed. The towel didn't smell fresh. The decoration was very tacky, waterfall sound was too much, impossible to sleep, emailing this hotel usually returns after 4, 5 days, front desk people are not communicating each other well, the price of stay was different depends on who is in charge at the front desk.

The room smelled also mildewy, takes long time to have hot water, water leaks, roaches, rats, frogs. Nice zen style outside but once you stay there, you do not want to go back.

Their breakfast has just two choices, yeah, just two....

I felt sorry for average workers who are working so hard.

Simply put, the management has a big flaw. This facility could be really nice if the owner finds the right person to run this resort, obviously need big upgrade for SPA facility. We don't want to go in a tub where you see somebody else's hair, just one vynal curtain to separate and someone else is in another tub. (they don't separate men and women!)

We both went to various kind of massage salon in Ubud, half price than Ubud Sari and better massage, clean facility.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Susan_brit