“highly recommended for special retreat”

Ubud Sari Health Resort
Ranked #136 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed July 18, 2012

last minute booking for just 1 1/2 week change on designated date, we found really please when we reached this place. my partner have stayed one night in one of the room with the outdoor bathroom and he said he would definitely coming back, and there we're.
the room is clean, near the waterfall with a view, the service is very good..the masseuse give the best relaxing massage ever..exploring around ubud by just walking distance and monkey forest street completed our trip when we stay there, we should have stay longer than 2 nights.
we would be back again next year, for sure

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Noey_Kamaril

Reviewed June 16, 2012

After reading mixed reviews I had been quite unsure about booking to come here and I am so glad that I did. I'm just at the end of the body, mind, spirit program and feel fantastic. I had a lovely room overlooking the river but also saw 3 other rooms belonging to the other guests. All of them were really nice and I would have been happy in any of them.
The main thing that stands out to me about ubud sari though is the staff. They are all very friendly, attentive and offer you a personalised experience. I found their flexibility t be remarkable as I changed my mind about many things throughout my week here an they did everything they could to accommodate me. They even accompanied me to the police station and interpreted as I needed to make a police report about my phone that was stolen on the way here!
Surprisingly you do not go hungry when you are juice fasting as there is such an amazing range of James and smoothies to choose from and you can drink these all day.
The morning sunrise walks around he rice paddies were lovely. I'm not a yoga expert but didn't really get much benefit from the yoga here. Instead I discovered the yoga barn which is amazing and I recommend anyone coming to stay to check it out sooner rather than later as you will definitely want to do a few classes there.
All in all I think it is fantastic value for money, don't come expecting it to be the ritz but it is clean, tranquil, in beautiful setting and has so many repeat visitors I think that speaks for itself!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Nikki77Sydney
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Mind you all these were being done through an Australian Agent hence even bigger disappointment.

1. they werent even clear on the services the offered. What they told us and what was on the website was totally not in sync.

2. when making payment they gave us a wrong account. BSB no. and bank account number they mixed up. we had to pay bank charges and forex difference and they didn't offer to refund until we ask them too.

3. WRONG Currency account given. We told them we were going to pay in AUD and the gave us a USD account to pay to. $$ didn't go through and u know what i was told by the Sales manager i liaised with? she said yes it should go through and didn't bother checking with the bank on her side.

even before getting there, we were soooo fruatrated. i honestly wonder how it would be like while there!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank iamanda
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Loved it - stayed last year and going back again this year. I had a different experience and found it really clean. Every day the room was clean and spotless with fresh towels and there is a private gardener who maintains the gardens. There is so much on offer through the resort with incredible spa treatments, to wholesome organic food and morning walks through the rice fields. The staff were really friendly and I felt amazing after staying there a week. I looked into going somewhere different this year, however the place is just so beautiful. I agree they could do with more lounge chairs, however when I did go for a swim in the pool it meant it was never crowded. The yoga is a classical gentle yoga and studying to become a yoga teacher I found it really helped me to unwind and tune into my mind and body. If you were after a stronger power yoga class then Yoga Barn is not too far away.

Room Tip: Definitely try and get a villa
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Mel W
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Good location just up from Monkey Forest Road down a quiet lane. Approx five - ten minutes walk from the top of Monkey Foest Road by the temples. Breakfast reasonable, pool nice but not many sun loungers. Rooms are basic and for $60-$80 dollars you can get much better in Ubud. Morning yoga is very basic and spa areas seemed dated.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlistairDowns
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was there a few weeks ago, all of the rooms are infested with bed bugs, not just in the beds but also jumping off the walls. The place is dirty, no attention to cleanliness. The Sarongs we got to wear for our treatments were supposed to be washed, you could feel the oil in them. In the ladies change rooms close to the treatment rooms, a hair dryer was in a basket along with a chomb, which was dirty. This comb was left for all of use to use, yuck. The seating areas the cushions were very dirty. I certainly will not be recommending this place to any of my friends.

Room Tip: There is no good room, the place needs a good clean.
Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I tried to book a 1 week detox through their online booking form 6 months before arriving in ubud. Despite sending 5 emails I got no response. I did end up locating their Australian booking agent in the end, but this was only a month before traveling and they were helpful, but it was booked out. In the end I booked somewhere else for something similar. While in ubud I did visit the ubud sari health resort to see what it was like and to consider attending a future detox. Having visited, I'm glad I'm going elsewhere. The tour they provided of a room was a surprise, I was prepared for it to be pretty rustic and I'm by no means a top end traveller, but it felt ba little like a cell block with a curtain sectioning off the bathroom, to access you needed to step over stagnant water which would be a mosquito nightmare and the river it overlooked was more like rubbish flow, not the laid back environment I'd imagined. The pool also looked a little murky. The common areas were quite ute an I did try a smoothie and health tonic in their cafe which was very nice, but quite expensive. Having been in ubud over a week and looked around many accommodation and health related places, I feel you can defineyly get better quality accommodation, food, service and ambience for their price tg. I won't be recommending them to my friends.

Stayed: March 2012