“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was a nice and calm place to stay. Close to the centre of Ubud. Clean and comfortable rooms, there are two nice swimmingpools. Breakfast could be improved, you can not combine from the different breakfast menus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IB N, Manager at Kori Ubud Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us recently and for your feedback, we do learn so many things from your review. In addition to your breakfast comment, we are going to have discussion internally to get a guidance in enriching and providing a lush choices of breakfast that expected.
We hope that you will come and stay at Kori Ubud in the coming days.

Best regards,
Nyana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We arrived at night and I was impressed with the check-in process. Once in the dim-lighted room, my first impression was of a positive one, until morning came. We stayed at the superior suite. The bed was comfortable but the bed linen had a greyish shade to it. The towels had stains too. Room cleaning services were suboptimal. We found traces off faecal matter (?rodents) in the room and balcony. The bathtub was huge but needed cleaning. The superior rooms were located by the roadside, so you can just imagine the noise of traffic coming into the room. The noise was made worse when the hotel organised a family gathering with live singing at the restaurant

Overall the staff were OK with a few exceptions. For some reason, I was not given the room key when asked for it and have to make the trip to the reception twice to get someone to open the door. During both of the incidents when I parted from my friend, the reception told me they didn't have the room key when my friend left it with them, only to come back with the key and said, "oh, we couldn't find the key just now".. Not very impressive, in my opinion.

Breakfast menu was limited and no vegetarian options offered. You get free coffee/tea refills but if you want a second helping to juices or small portions of fruits, they would have to bill you for it. Ordering something slightly different from the menu eg ommiting meat and replacing with toast, needed a lot of explanation and repetition, although I spoke to them in Malay.

Swimming pool was small but adequate. The jacuzzi wasn't working the time we were there and seemed to need cleaning too.

And there are NO INTERNET connection in the superior rooms. You have to go down to the restaurant

Location?? there are so many other hotels near or around ubud with a more tranquilizing environment. With the price that we paid, it felt like we were staying in a backpackers motel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jaja136
IB N, Manager at Kori Ubud Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Ms. Jaja 136

We are very sorry to inform you that is rare party arranged by our Owner.
On the other hand It is a constructive comment that could improve our service in the future.

Once again we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
Nyana IB
Resort Manager
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Lovely big rooms overlooking well kept grounds. Good size bathrooms, but limited storage - no wardrobes in our room, so we had to live out of our cases. We enjoyed the walk to central Ubud a couple of times a day, but some might find Kori Ubud a little isolated. An above average hotel and excellent value for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CanberraSue
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have not been there yet but i booked the hotel and send my special request to the hotel atsales@koriubud.com. At the beginning everything went well up until I request the hotel not to show the bill in front of my husband because this is a gift from me. I gave my credit card details for hotel to be able to settle my payment in advance and everything was under my name. This is the line i got back from them via email "We are going to show the bill to your husband!"

I was shock and dont understand the reason. I show the message to my friends and wonder if this some kind of sick joke or they serious about it. Dear Mrs... "We are going to show the bill to your husband!" I send email back saying "in this case, I have to cancel" So I got another mail saying "If you cancel within 21 days prior arrival of course we charge you 1 night Settled on your credit card"

So, I think it was great that I learn this before I actually stay there

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Big18000
IB N, Manager at Kori Ubud Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Mrs. (Big 18000)
Here with just found your comment then we want to respond it!
I myself on behalf of Kori Ubud Resort (Nyana IB Mr. / Manager) that deal with you from the beginning. Frankly speaking it was just a miscommunication in catching the idea of our correspondence, we thing that the credit card that you give us is only for booking guaranteed then we have to ask the payment to your husband on arrival. it was our understanding, that was way we respond you like that. why we should make our clients were disappointing that was a stupid one. Once again we are very sorry to inform you that is really our lack of mastering communication.
Thanks
Nyana
Balikpapan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed there on the 7-10th November at the Luxury Suit, located just beside the pool and having our own terrace with lushes and forestry view.
It was a pleasant 'shock' to see the large en suite bathroom with the large bathub, which having a clear wide view to the nature outside - simply beautiful. Its really what it looks like in the website pictures. The bedroom is large and comfy - but yes the TV channel is poor. Free internet from our suit was somehow useless. So be prepared for a total vacation.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Prices are reasonable and worth the value.
Location wise, just nice, not in the midst of the crowd. But yet not so far to mingle around the hip of ubud at night.
I suggest to take a stroll and explore ubud with a scooter which you can always rent for an affordable price at the kiost right in front of the villa. Go for a few km and you can start to enjoy the real balinese villages with its green paddy field just along the way.
The food at the restaurant was okay, my partner tried the steak and it was quite nice.

We could hear the crickets, water flows, wind blowing the trees and traditional balinese instrument surround the villa and its very relaxing.

Overall, it was pleasant to stay at Kori Ubud. I won't say no if i should stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dee D
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Located only about 3km from the center of Ubud, Kori Ubud Resort is a quaint boutique hotel located in one of Bali's most interesting and attractive regions. My wife and I stayed there for 6 nights and we managed to fully enjoy all that Ubud and the surrounding regions had to offer.

Despite the negatives, we truly enjoyed our stay at this establishment. Don't hesitate to make requests from the front desk, and we encourage visitors to try out the spa, as well as the pools. The staff is very helpful, and is prepared to assist you in your planning.

6 days is more than enough to discover Ubud and the surrounding region. During our stay, we managed to: experience the Ubud market, visit the Monkey Forest, enjoy a Legong dancing performance, go on a 25 km downhill bike ride near Kintamani, visit rice fields, enjoy a visit to a coffee plantation, visit the elephant safari park, and explore a large number of art galleries and local handicraft shops.

On the plus side:
- spacious rooms (in the newly built section)
- lovely welcome for honeymooners
- free room service
- friendly staff
- very affordable laundry service
- driver on stand by
- 24 hr reception, efficient and fast
- good food menu, but poor on local dishes
- great spa, good rates
- good cocktails
- feeling of being immersed in nature (sounds of birds, water ...)
- nice feeling of privacy

On the minus side:
- no stationary
- no 'do not disturb' sign
- weak AC
- limited tv channels (2 English channels)
- no laundry bag
- room cleaning sub standard
- some sound of traffic from main street during the day
- slow Internet
- breakfast menus tend to be repetitive if you plan a long stay

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Fufen E
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've stayed at numerous places in Bali over the years, many in the Ubud area. Kori Ubud is not a luxury resort by any means, but it's a very comfortable place with nice Balinese touches - the grounds are lush and well-landscaped, the decor Balinese (with carved wooden furniture in the rooms), and the staff very accommodating and pleasant. The bathroom in our room (in the quieter block near the pool at the end - not the one near the restaurant) was huge and sparkling-clean, and it was lovely having your own private terrace. For the money, this place is great value and highly-recommended.

We love the location - mere steps from the Neka Museum, Naughty Nuri's and MoZaic - you're not in the crush and noise of central Ubud, which is only a decent 20 minutes' walk away. One nice thing - the resort has drivers that will take you to town (and pick you up for the trip back) for very little more than hailing a "cab" on the street.

I can see how, if the place is fully-booked, the pool areas can get a bit crowded, but we found our fellow guests to be considerate and not the partying kind. We would recommend this place to those seeking quiet and comfort, close to (but not smack in) Ubud.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends