There are not superlatives enough to adequately describe this wonderful resort! From the minute we were first greeted on arrival, until our last, almost tearful, farewell, the service was impeccable and the staff were superb, with nothing being too much trouble.
We stayed in the Premier One Bedroom Pool Villa, which was stunning - very private, and spacious, and the outside shower was a real treat! The rooms are serviced twice a day, so everything is always in order. The bed is huge, and very comfortable, the bathroom well appointed, and there are lovely touches in the room, such as the Nespresso machine and accompanying chocolate chip cookies (home made). My husband and I stayed here 7 nights, which we thought was about right - many people stayed for shorter periods, and expressed to us they wished they were staying longer!
The resort is not in the centre of town, but there is a shuttle which leaves on the hour to take guests into the centre. For us, we actually enjoyed the serenity of coming back to our peaceful villa after the craziness of Ubud centre! We joined in a special moonlight dinner and cultural evening at Komaneka, which was lovely, and we also utilised the spa for some massages - heavenly! Benni took us on a tour of one of the local markets, then we came back and did a cooking class in the resort. We could not speak highly enough of Benni, and his passion for the food we were preparing - absolutely recommend doing one of the classes!! The gym is small but really functional, and there was only ever my husband and I in there (most normal people rest on their holidays!!!!). The pools are lovely, especially the one underneath the main dining area, which was more temperate than the other larger pool, and the view from the spa near the gym was to die for.
Finally I wanted to comment on the staff. Dewa met us on the first day, and was really our main point of contact for our time at Komaneka, but Anom was also very helpful. Tari was the person who mainly served us at breakfast, but I have to say that all of the staff, whether in the restaurants, at reception, or generally working in the grounds, were exceptional. Aside from being impeccably polite, they were genuinely interested in what we were doing, and were happy to share their knowledge of Bali with us, recommending places to visit, and even organising breakfast for us one morning at one of the other Komaneka's after we'd finished our Campuhan Ridge walk.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Ubud, and you are after a super private and romantic resort, then look no further. Staying at Komaneka will rest your soul - Welcome home to Komaneka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley view's over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to completed your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud, Bali
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud