“A true 5 stars hotel”

Komaneka at Tanggayuda
Ranked #9 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am a difficult person and eyes for small details. Still I couldn’t find any negative thing about this resort. All are very well managing. From the reception, they are all smile and willing to help. All reception staffs get up and wait to greet us when our turn into the main entrance. Opening car doors, help carrying bags …etc.
Rooms are very clean and well decorated. Extra comfortable bed. Over size toilet. Large space in the toilet for suitcase (2 suitcases comfortably). Sitting area in the compound. Each room has different view.
Garden and common area are tastefully decorated. Lush green everywhere. The resort has two beautiful pools. Each one with totally different style….your choices. The restaurant itself also good. Well manned, good food, gorgeous view of the whole forest ahead. What else do you need!
During my stay I never see one single housekeeping present in my room. But every time I came back from breakfast, the room was already cleaned. Amazing.
Two thumps all the way up!

ps:The hotel is not too close to the Ubud downtown but hotel has the free shuttle to and from regularly.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank AJ1176
There are newer reviews for Komaneka at Tanggayuda

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I apologize in advance for this long review! I just have so many good things to say. My husband and I stayed in a Valley Pool Villa for 5 nights during our honeymoon. Our experience was incredible. I want to change every 5 star review I've ever given because no hotel I have stayed at comes close to Komaneka. I normally list pros and cons when I write reviews, but I have no cons. So I'll just list all the amazing things about this place.

Pros:

- The service is outstanding. I have never encountered hotel staff that are so attentive. On the first night, we booked the Romantic Dinner (look it up..I highly recommend it). During the dinner I casually mentioned to our server than I don't eat sea food. The next time we ate at the restaurant, they had printed out a non seafood menu with my name on it!!!

- Many of the staff remembered our names. I don't know how, but it was impressive.

-I've noticed some reviews complaining about the lack of a bar. On day one, we were laying out by one of the pools (this one being the pool that is not near the kitchen) and I said to my husband, "A glass of champagne would make this moment so cool!" He found a staff member (which didn't take long as they are everywhere) to bring us drinks. They brought us our drinks along with complimentary Balinese crackers. They then showed us a phone next to the pool where we could call for anything we wanted!! They came down once to check on us as well. It was like having a butler! Also, they keep wine and beer in your mini fridge for a very low price. You can also get a drink at the main restaurant. That being said, we found that most places in Bali don't make good drinks...we think that they might water their alcohol down. So if you're going to Bali for booze, I think you may want to lower your expectations.

- I've also read a lot of complaints about the lower level rooms. We were in room 111. I thought the view was breathtaking (see my pictures). In fact, our room felt more private. We noticed we could see into some of the day beds in the higher level rooms. The one thing that some may not like is that you don't get much sun in the lower rooms so the plunge pool is not warm. I had read that and asked my travel agent to book us a higher room (she didn't do that...strike two for her on our honeymoon, but that's another review). However, we don't sun bathe, so it didn't bother us. The main pool is great for sunbathing as there are no trees blocking the sun. I'm from Southern California where the ocean is cold, so the colder pool temperature didn't bother me at all.

- The complimentary car service into town is only about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. Don't forget to bring the shuttle schedule with you though! We were stuck waiting for 30 minutes because we stupidly forgot the schedule.

- Whenever they cleaned our room, they would tidy everything. If we left a pile of clothes somewhere, they would fold them and neatly set them there. I'm not saying we are slobs, but our bags do explode a bit when we travel (haha). I was shocked (and a little embarrassed) by how much they clean! Although they don't expect it, we felt that level of housekeeping deserved tips.

-We did a 60 minute couples massage (it was included in our stay) and it was wonderful. My husband frequently gets massages and said it was one of the best he's had. It was my first, so I have nothing to compare it to.

-They think of everything. There are umbrellas everywhere you go in case it begins to rain and you've left your room (where there are also umbrellas). They have outlet adapters that appear to accommodate every traveler. They have yoga mats upon request. If there is something you need, I am sure they have it.

- The staff members have excellent English, and I think some of them speak more than one language. We had a conversation with our driver and he went to college to learn to speak Japanese so he could get into the tourism industry.

-Everything is gorgeous. The hotel grounds are so well-maintained.

-We brought loads of bug spray, but they do provide it. We didn't have any bugs in the room but we never left our door open. It's in the middle of the rain forest, so we weren't upset when we saw some big bugs.

- You never have to leave a "do not disturb" sign. They know when you are gone and will make up your room without you requesting them to. If you don't leave, they won't bother you.

I could go on and on, but I've already said too much! If you want to relax and get away from it all, this is the place to go. They will treat you like royalty (which can be a bit uncomfortable if you are like us and aren't used to that level of service. But we didn't mind it for a few days:) ).

Room Tip: Lower level valley pool villas appear to have more privacy, but no sun. Higher level have sun...
6  Thank MMGLA
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had valley pool villa for 2 days. It was really a wonderful experience. Everything is so nice here and I can not even pick up a problem. Staff is friendly with memorable smile; food is delisiou with good view; room setting is wonderful with a swimming pool and indoor bathtub. It is 10 minutes away from center of Ubud by motorcycle. Really a good choice in Ubud and hope I will come again .

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We had the Premiere One-bedroom Valley Pool Villa, which was was luxurious, large and had jungle views. Our pool was fantastic and really private. Great for a skinny dip beneath the stars... The staff were really helpful and friendly, the food good and the massage great. Would love to return...

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil2008
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Room: Stayed in Premier Villa 101 for 6 nights. Spacious room with tons of windows overlooking the jungle. Loved the outdoor shower and huge soaking tub. Huge area for closets/storage/vanity. We had one of the "subterranean" rooms described by another Reviewer. I didn't find this to be a problem--the room had great views and every morning you wake to exotic jungle sounds. The private pool was huge and I welcomed the shade when the heat was searing in the afternoon. Do the special Red Light dinner---it is wonderful and they make the patio area truly beautiful.
Surroundings: The grounds are lovely, with tons of tropical flowers. It is true there is no bar--stay elsewhere if you want that kind of hotel. This place is about tranquility and enjoying nature. You can order drinks at the restaurant and they will bring them to the terrace. We enjoyed live, traditional music there with fruity cocktails. We loved the main pool as well as the small heated pool.
Service: 99.9% of hotels could take a lesson from Komaneka. Each villa is assigned a Personal Assistant. Everyone greets you by name and with a smile. We received a written itinerary upon our arrival, with all of the times, locations, etc of the activities I had pre-arranged. Yes, it is true the quality of English varies. But keep in mind this hotel is owned by locals and employs only locals. On an island where the average person makes $80 USD a month, providing skills and employment to the community is great.
Food: The breakfast is yummy. I loved the fresh banana bread and juices. Try some jackfruit! 24 hour room service is convenient if you just want to laze around your private pool.
Other: We really enjoyed the cooking class. You cook at this neat outdoor kitchen hut. We made more food than we could eat! The cycling trek was an adventure. We also liked the tree top picnic and trip to the lake temple. The spa is relaxing and affordable. Last but not least, we stayed one night at Rasa Sayang at the end of our trip. This is a nice hotel too---but we missed the tranquility of Tanggayuda. Personally, we found Ubud to be lacking in charm and overly touristy---so we relished in the privacy and natural beauty of Tanggayuda. Hopefully, someday, our paths will cross again!

Room Tip: Premier rooms are worth the extra money. The cheapest Valley rooms are walled in and some are set ba...
4  Thank Skigirl874
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed here for a week in July and loved everything. The staff is wonderful. The spa was very nice and the prices are reasonable $45 for an hour massage. We stayed in room 101. We had a large bathroom with an indoor shower and an outdoor shower. The private infinity pool and deck overlooked the jungle and made for very peaceful afternoons. The hotel set up a bike tour for us through rice fields and small villages which we really enjoyed. The cooking class was special too. the chef takes you to the market in the morning to select items for the menu. In the evening you make two different menus. The other amazing thing about the hotel is the location- it is outside of Ubud (10 minute drive) which makes it peaceful. Ubud is a very busy/noisy city. It was great to be able to have our meals in peace and quiet looking at the jungle. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you are looking for a quiet, stylish retreat for yourself and a partner Komaneka at Tanggayuda is the place to stay. There is peaceful and quiet ambiance in the whole complex. This boutique hotel is elegant in the best Balinese style. We were noticing and appreciating beautiful touches and details all through our stay. The grounds are beautifly kept and are artistic in their own right. All the staff members actually know your name from day one.There is also a shuttle to Ubud and Neka Museum.

Room Tip: Valley pool villas are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family