This hotel is the best kind of 5-star hotel - wonderful service but no snobbiness or attitude.
We stayed in September for 6 nights for our honeymoon before heading for the beach and we seriously considered cancelling our beach stay to remain at Komaneka at Tanggayuda. I'm glad we went to the beach (The Oberoi in Seminyak) but now that I've been there once, I know that when we return to Bali, we will avoid the touristy beaches and stay in the cultural heart of the island.
We had a Valley Pool Villa and even though we arrived at the resort at 2am, the front desk was ready with tea and cookies and when they walked us to our villa, the flower petals were waiting on the turned-down bed and the bath was already drawn with flower petals. Amazing greeting after a 24-hour journey to get to the hotel.
Our suite was beautiful and we preferred the Valley Pool Villa to the brand new Premium rooms because they had more character and were less modern-looking. It was very private and offered amazing views. The bathroom was huge and we loved the little koi pond outside the bathtub as you could hear it bubbling while you relaxed.
We used room service quite a bit and they have a pretty good variety between local and Western foods. It was all good - not the best food you've ever eaten but always hit the spot and obviously convenient.
The included breakfast was amazing - always at least a 3-course meal and they were very flexible with their multiple menus so that we could pick and choose from a few them.
The main infinity pool was very nice as well and not crowded. Our villa pool was quite cold but the main pool was perfect - refreshing but not chilly.
We did have a couples' spa treatment as well and it was lovely. The treatment room looked out onto a water feature so that was nice. They also encourage you to use their sauna, showers, and jacuzzi afterwards to continue your experience. The treatment itself - a Balinese massage - was really cool and the two women worked completely in tandem and in sync.
Afternoon tea was lovely - only had it once but would have gone back if we were around more at that time.
The front desk was really great about putting together drivers, excursions, reservations, appointments, etc. They even helped me with an appointment with a healer, set up a driver, and packed me a sari and offering to bring with. All of the excursions were really affordable, too and private.
The best part of the hotel is the SERVICE! Everyone knew our names, our room number, what we had planned for the day, the times of all our reservations/appointments, etc. It was like if we mentioned something casually to one employee, they had some way of sharing with the entire staff. They were all so friendly and wonderful - the best service I've ever experienced.
Totally worth a trip here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley view's over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to completed your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud, Bali
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud