Me and my wife have spend 3 memorable nights at this beautiful boutique hotel on our last trip to Indonesia in July 2007. We had come across this hotel a few days earlier, when trying to finish our itinerary for the entire trip, on tripadvisor. After a phonecall, it seemed they still had a garden villa available.
From the moment we were welcomed to the last minute of our stay, we've been treated like royals (in the most comfortable way)!
The Garden villa was amazing. After entering a small Balinese 'gate' to the 'villa-premises' a world of relaxation and pure de-tachment was waiting for us! The bedroom offered an unblocked view of rice-paddy's and jungle. Behind the bedroom, there was a dressing room and the connection to the outside bathroom. Taking a hot bath at night equalled : gazing at stars and yet another memorable experience. Within the private area of our villa, we still had a very cozy 'baruga' and a small, but lovely private pool... it is quite the luxury to cool down after a long, hot day in the pool just before you hit perfectly downed sheets of the kingsize bed!
The staff made us feel very special! Everywhere in the resort we were greeted personally by everyone. The fact that all these people took the effort to know our name, made is very special.
These beautiful setting can not be expected in the centre of Ubud, so we were not compaining about the distance to town. By the way, the hotel offers a shuttle service that allows you to roam around Ubud at any time of day and make it back after your dinner/performance/monkey forrest tour/batik buying....
The hotel-pool is also a must-see...
Breakfast was refined and delicious, yet a hearty start of the day.
In the end, Ubud is my favourite side of Bali. The town has a lot to offer but still hasn't lost it's authenticity, which can't be said about a lot of coastal regions in southern Bali.
We would definitely come back and for sure recommend this hotel to everybody!
PS : Try to go for dinner at Murni's Warung and ask for a table at the lowest level. Food is great and the setting is stunning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Tanggayuda Hidden away and refreshing in a peaceful location with beautiful valley view's over the Batukaru mountain, feature spacious rooms and villas with private veranda to completed your memorable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Komaneka at Tanggayuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Ubud, Bali
- Komaneka At Tanggayuda Hotel Ubud