We spent 5 nights at Nefatari recently. We booked a 1 bedroom villa but Made upgraded us to a 2 bedroom Villa (Villa Sandat) as they were full.
The staff really make this place. Especially Wayan, Ari, Agung, Ayu and Putu but all the staff with their cheery smiles and greetings.
Villa Sandat has two large bedrooms both with bathrooms. One bathroom is bigger than the other one and has more light and is more of an “outdoor” bathroom but both are excellent. The bed was comfortable. The ceiling fan was not quite enough and we did need to turn on the aircon for part of the night. The swimming pool was great, large enough to do laps. There were two sun-loungers with pool towels, not sure if they would provide more if there were 4 people staying in the villa. The villas are very private, you can close off your gateway from the inside if you wish. Otherwise, the staff ring a bell before coming down to the Villa so you have time to put some clothes on!! The Villa is surrounded by a high wall so there is no view outside so be aware of this.
Breakfast at Nefatari was good with plenty of choices. The lunch and dinner menus are fairly limited but the food was reasonably priced and quite good so it’s worth eating in at least once if you wish. They will bring the food down to your Villa for you where there is a dining table and chairs outside under cover together with a fridge and a sink and little cooktop.
The transfers into and out of Ubud worked well. They will take you wherever you ask in Ubud. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes or so to be picked up in Ubud. At first we pre-arranged a pick up time and place but then started asking the restaurant to call and they were all quite happy to do this for us.
There are now 9 villas at Nefatari, I think they said there are 4 two bedroom and 5 one bedroom. Two of the one bedroom are older style with a smaller plunge pool. I would definitely want the larger pool as we like to do laps but a one bedroom villa would have been fine as we didn’t use the 2nd bedroom at all.
You can go for a pleasant walk through the rice paddies near the villas. We did walk back from Ubud once but it took us about 25 minutes to walk from near the Beggars Bush so from the centre of Ubud would be another 5-10 minutes. There is quite a bit of traffic on the narrow windy road and it is quite hot. Better to do your walking in the rice paddies.
We would highly recommend Nefatari to you and have been telling all our friends about our find!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benefits: Daily full Breakfast served from : 7:00 - 13:00 pm Free Airport Transfer In-Out Welcome drink upon arrival Complimentary mini-bar in the room On-demand shuttle service to and from Ubud Fruit basket in the room upon arrival One complimentary dinner on the evening of your choice Bottle of French or Australian wine. Afternoon tea/coffe served wit a variety of pastries from : 13:00 - 19:00 pm Special wedding gift. Located amidst verdant rice paddies, NEFATARI consists of five villas, three single units and two family villas. The villas are constructed in traditional Balinese design using indigenous materials such as stone, teakwood, camphor wood and bamboo. Each villa is finished with a naturally insulating, fragrant Balinese "alang-alang" roof. Nefatari is approximately a 50-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is located in the upland area of Ubud, know worldwide as Bali's artistic and cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Hotwire so you can book your Nefatari Exclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Hotel Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Hotel
- Nefatari Exclusive Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Ubud, Bali