All reviewsbedroom villaprivate poolmosquito coilsshuttle serviceubud townpineapple pancakesspa roomscomplimentary transportfree afternoon teadenpasar airportcomplimentary breakfastminute drivebalinese hospitalitylovely villaoutdoor showerdrivermassage
Reviewed January 2, 2010

When I booked the hotel, Nefatari hotels was on 21th position on tripadvisor. I was a bit worried, because other hotels with a better rating position had worse experiences. Also when checking the internet site, it was as confincing as other websites. but we all got proven wrong,we made the right decision to go there!!!!

After talking to the manager, who greeted us soo friendly, we found out that nefatari is much better known amongs the japanese and koreans. in korea its on their, tripadvisor like website, on position 7 and on the japanese sites even on 3rd position! they dont get a lot of european/western guests and that is why they dont have a better position on tripadvisor! makes sense to me ;-)

The hotel was great, its a hidden gem. We booked 2 villas. both were 2 bed villas. each villa is seperated from each another and really gives you privacy. You get your own pool which is being cleaned daily.

the incredible thing though is that you barely see anybody, but anytime you leave the villa for a short trip away (with the free shuttle service) and you come back, you will see you rooms being done.

excellent! discrete and professional.

the villas themselves had individual pools and fridge. AC, TV etc...anything that a hotel guest from the west would expect.

We also used the spa facilities which was great too! i felt asleep, coz it was so relaxing! and it is really nothing compared to european prices. we left also a small tip to each of the girls.

great thing is also the breakfast. you can order as much as you like from the a la carte menu!!! we loved it.

we should have stayed longer. that was the only mistake we found.

best regards to the manager and the lovely team. we will come again!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank felixflorian
Reviewed November 28, 2009

We definately recommend any one, every one, to stay here in Nefatari. Staffs and service were way above average and location was good. Price was reasonable too!! Excellent. We can't wait to go back there again. Oh, and the breakfast was good! Delicious!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elvesb
Reviewed November 14, 2009

We would like to thank Made and his excellent staff for our memorable 5 night stay in the Mitir villa. The breakfast was great, and the room clean, romantic, and spacious.
The only slight downside was no broadband in the area, but this was easy to get in Ubud at many restaurants. Dial up was available at the hotel.

At first sight I thought it would be too far out of Ubud, not possible to walk or bike (narrow roads too dangerous), but in the end I never felt that way. The excellent pick up and drop off service was never more than a 15 min. wait from the time we called from wherever we were in Ubud. We booked thru their website,
One of the best stays we've ever had.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frankv42
Reviewed November 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Nefatari from October 26 - 29 and I can honestly say it was my favourite part of our 11 day Bali trip. We were allocated Villa Jepun and opted for the honeymoon package which included an hour long massage per person, a romantic dinner in the villa as well as a gift of two sarongs. This villa surpassed all my expectations! It was huge, with its own private pool which was also bigger than I expected and kept clean at all times. It was so nice being able to swim at any time of the day or night and provided some much needed relief from the heat.
The service was outstanding - breakfast and afternoon tea were always delivered to our villa within 20 minutes of us ordering. The shuttle service was always available on demand and the drivers lovely young men who always provided good recommendations on restaurants. When we needed to be picked up we simply asked the restaurant to call the villa and they were there within 15 minutes. In my opinion it is too far to walk into Ubud, possibly 20 minutes but this is mainly due to the heat and it is something we never attempted purely because the shuttle service was so convenient. The staff there really are amazing and efficient.
The villas make you feel as if you are on your own in magical Ubud. There may have been other guest whilst we were there but we never saw or heard them and our only companions were the frogs we heard at night. It really is a romantic, restful haven and I would definitely return.
My only gripe was Villa Jepun didn't have air conditioning. It had a unit but this wasn't working so we only had the ceiling fan to keep us cool. Some nights it was ok but I woke up one night suffocating! Other than that, for the price, location and service - do not look anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MelbTravelGal
Reviewed October 25, 2009

What a great place to stay! Quiet location close to Ubud in the middle of the rice paddies. The shuttles were really on demand and very little waiting. The rooms were clean and spacious, bathrooms in older villas could use some updating, but were very clean. Food and service in your villa was very resonable, efficient, relaxing, and private. The private pools were cleaned every morning and filtered, so no mozzies. Loved being able to relax in the pool after a hot day of touring Bali, it was refreshing and not too cold. The property was very private, secluded and just charming. The staff was probably the best part of the villas, beyond our expectations. If you need anything, just ask. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple