“Great Property, friendly staff”

Nefatari Exclusive Villas
Ranked #64 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Great Property, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was an excellent place to stay in Ubud and we would definately go back. Absolutely everthing about Nefatari was top quality and the place represents absolutely top value. Don't worry that it is a little bit out of town - they provide excellent transport (see below) so the location is not a factor at all. This includes airport transfers which made getting to and from very easy.

Nefatari's individual villas are fantastic - large, roomy, architectually interesting, clean, light, well equipped and very well air-conditioned. Plenty of free drinking water and a free mini-bar (no alcohol). The private pools are magnificent. We were with a group of 10 so we got to see inside 5 different villas and they are all great, although the 2 bedroom ones are the pick and have full size fridges so you can stock up on beer/food from the supermarket in town if you want.

The staff were just unbelievable - friendly, engaging, helpful, attentive. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they just made us feel so welcome and at home. This especially applies to the drivers who took us into town and picked us up whenever we wanted. They never failed to be at the appointed meeting place at the appointed time. Once when we went to a nearby bar for a drink after dinner, the Nefatari driver who was picking us up at the restaurant tracked us down at the bar and had the bus out the front to save us the walk back to the restaurant. Every time any of us wanted to go anywhere, the drivers were ready and waiting to oblige. "Can we get a lift into town please?" - "When do you want to go?" - "Now?" -"OK" and they jump in the van and you go. Every time. It made us feel very special and the air-conditioned comfort of the Nefatari vehicles was greatly appreciated after a hot walk in town. They were also happy to load and unload our shopping and carry cases of beer etc into the villas for us to put in the fridges. Truly wonderful service.

The breakfasts (included) were excellent and you can order just about any combination of everything they have. The fresh juice was particularly good, especially the mixed juice which is magical! The coffee was also great and plentiful and served in lovely pottery. A special mention too for the cute cats who hang out in the breakfast area providing wonderful entertainment.

We only had dinner on site one night, which was included! It was very good and they let us party-on in the dining area afterwards. Again, nothing was too much trouble.

Also, the on-site spa/massage was the best we had anywhere on Bali and, again, included once - although we all went back and its very reasonably priced).

The whole place is just a bargain and a delight. Some of the other reviewers here talk of having been "enchanted" and I agree - there is something quite magical about Nefatari, it makes you feel very safe and happy and relaxed.

I totally recommend Nefatari and congratulate them on running such a wonderful property.

Room Tip: the 2 storey, 2 bedroom villas are the best, but they are all good. All the pools are about the same...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vanmerino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I can't speak highly enough of this place! The staff are so lovely, they come and tidy your room every time you go out. We loved that it was a bit out of Ubud, it was very relaxing but still close enough. The hotel has a bus and they will drop you off and pick you up bit we ended up hiring a scooter which made it easier to do some exploring. We loved swimming at night in our own pool and hearing chanting across the rice paddies. Incredible value. Say hi to Ketut for us if you stay. Also recommend Round Bar for a drink.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Bbeccr
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been travelling to and around Indonesia since the mid 1970s and we have learnt that, notwithstanding the level of accommodation, you can spend relatively moderate amounts and receive high level service and comfort.

This place however is a standout. It's primary advantage is the quality of the staff, for whom nothing is a problem. They are gracious, funny and incredibly helpful.

The villas are very spacious and have great privacy and a lovely pool.

The transport system works, the breakfast is good and the location is wonderful.

Book this very special place and you will be thrilled by your choice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bruceSydney
Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a travel agent I have travelled extensively throughout North America, the Caribbean and Europe. However, no place has ever captured the heart the way that Bali has. I have stayed in high end, five star resorts around the world, but no hotel has ever enchanted me as much as Nefatari Villas.

This is a smaller property with only a handful of villas and I loved the intimate feel of this resort. We had a one bedroom pool villa and it was excellent. Huge king bed, small table and chairs, comfortably decorated with a true Balinese decor. My favorite part was the outdoor bathroom. I loved it! I loved showering in the morning as the sun came up, with the birds chirping in the background. It was private and beautiful complete with a tub and shower. I also loved the outdoor living areas, the patio area, the dining area, the pool. The courtyard walls are high so although you have no views, you have lots of privacy. It was great to relax in your own garden area

Nefatari is about a five minute drive from the heart of Ubud, bit this was never a problem. The free shuttle service was excellent. We were picked up at the airport as arranged, and they drove us into Ubud whenever we wanted. I really liked the location. It was so quiet at night with no blazing lights so you could look up and see the stars and enjoy the sounds of nature. Be aware that there is a rooster nearby who will wake you up in the morning, but after the first morning I didn’t even hear it.

We ate breakfast daily at the restaurant, although you can get it delivered to your room. Food was excellent – loved both the banana and pineapple pancakes and the French toast. We never took advantage of the afternoon tea but it was included in the price of the hotel and could be delivered to your villa. Also included in the villa was a stocked fridge with water and soft drinks and some snacks – a very nice touch.

Because we were celebrating our 15th anniversary, the hotel prepared for us a special romantic dinner at our villa. It was amazing. We returned from a busy day tour to find a beautiful table set for dinner, and candles surrounding the pool. The food was excellent – a spring roll, a lovely mushroom soup, and grilled chicken. They even arranged for a cake for us. It was absolutely amazing and we so appreciated this very kind gesture.

For me, the highlight of our stay, however, was the wonderful staff. The service throughout the resort was attentive. But more than that, it was genuine and heartfelt. They truly want you to enjoy your stay at the villa, and in Bali. This kind of authentic hospitality is hard to find. But we found it here in Nefatari Villas.

Bali has become my new favorite place on earth, and I think no trip to Bali is complete without spending time in Ubud. I enjoyed strolling through the town, shopping in all the boutiques and stores, bartering at the markets. We ate at some wonderful restaurants including Taco Casa and Melting Wok Warung. I highly recommend the Melting Wok – be sure to make a reservation though. It was great to explore Ubud and then relax in the tranquility of Nefatari Villas. If I had any suggestions for improvement it would be: replace the pillows as they were very flat and musty; maybe include a floor fan, as it could be a little too warm hot in the villa in the evenings. But these are minor drawbacks – I cannot wait to return to my Balinese paradise at Nefatari Villas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank newfietraveldiva
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am writing this on my last morning in Ubud at the amazing Nefatari Villa Patchak - my friend and I stayed in a 2 bedroom pool villa - from the moment contact was made via email, Made the owner extended courtesy by allowing for pick up for both my friend and I at different times. A huge saving! The transport driver was friendly- informative. Upon arrival at the Villa first impressions where that it was incredible - clean, friendly staff - impeccably dressed - beautiful traditional landscaping - the villa itself was beyond expectations ( the pictures do not do it justice) modern - clean - every care taken into account - beds amazing - aircom/fans - tv/DVD/satellite
Food - amazing - best satay ayam in Ubud!!!
The most impressive thing is the free transport to Ubud and surrounds anytime - we were dropped off and picked up -4 to 6 times a day - NO Cost!! This really makes the stay at Nefatari incredible - the 5 min drive to Nefatari means that you are surrounded by nature and peace and quiet instead of bikes and traffic.
I can not recommend Nefatari enough - if you want somewhere peaceful, private, romantic yet with easy access to all Ubud has to offer!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ozstar1969
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is my maiden review and Nefatari gets the top honour! We stayed for 7 nights in Jepun villa and I must say Nefatari is one of the BEST places I've ever stayed in. I have high regards for the manager/owner Mr Made and his excellent staff (Ketut, Ayu, Ary & everyone). Not only is the villa spick-and-span, the service was superb. Staff was knowledgeable, humble, polite, very accomodating, and we are very impressed with so many things, mainly;

Landscaping and architecture - Balinese with a modern touch. We absolutely LOVE the concept of the villa - from the bricks to the furnitures to the open-air bathroom - all were thoughtfully done. We were especially impressed by the planting of pandan bushes all around the villa - not a single cockroach in sight! We stayed for 7 nights and not once did we see a roach - that was how clean the place is!! The hotel's intelligent use of landscape and herbal plants as bug repellants is so impressive - they know their stuff!

Kind-hearted management - We are also highly impressed with Mr Made. He made his presence known from the very beginning - introduced himself to us during check-in, he was highly visible and attentive, soft-spoken and accomodating - we were also touched by his kind nature towards animals. As a fellow animal lover, I am very impressed by his genuine concern for the street animals (even adopting a few!) and supporting BAWA (Bali Animal Welfare Assoc) He walks the talk and sets a GREAT example to his staff. A very respectable man! I will continue to support and stay in Nefatari in my many more visits to Bali in future because of this respect!

Housekeeping - Another impressive feature was how housekeeping was done. As soon as breakfast was served, the gardening cleaning person slid in and very quickly swept the leaves, scooped the dirt from the pool, trimmed the bushes - all very discreetly and without fuss - and left when the breakfast delivery girls leave. That, to us, is superb planning. They did everything in synchronized manner. Very unintrusive and professional!

Great staff - well-trained, very personable, trustworthy and responsible. Another impressive feat: We had left a few half-cut bottles in the bathroom and when we returned to the villa that night, the staff had prepared a pail and scoop in the bathroom! They had anticipated our needs and prepared the items even without us askingt! How thoughtful! This shows the great lengths they take to ensure all our needs are met.

I could rave on and on but the wordcount is limited. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone who wishes to stay in Ubud. We especially love the obedient resident cats that roam the courtyard, they bring a sense of warmth and adds to the natural landscape of the villa. Surprisingly, they are also well-trained and discreet, but also lovable and friendly if approached. All in all, Nefatari is FANTASTIC. I will definitely be back and stay longer next time!

Thank you Mr Made & the great staff for the enjoyable stay in Bali. We appreciate all that you do!

Room Tip: Jepun villa is fantastic - super clean - quiet location - send our love to Sydney, the gorgeous shy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Msassypants
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The place was very nice; more appropriate for couples than families:) you have the villa all to yourself and the staff can bring the food to you instead if coming to the common area to eat (this is not a bad option nonetheless). The staff can also bring you and fetch you anywhere in ubud, which is a plus if you want to go around. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family