Returned from a 2-night stay at Villa Pacah - a two-bedroom villa - it was the most awesome experience in Bali, arguably, the highlight of our trip. Best service we encountered in Bali. We made our reservation directly after reading the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor and were not sorely disappointed.
Staff was extremely hospitable, friendly and helpful - always checking in on you to see if you're comfortable, giving very useful recommendations and travel tips, even going out to arrange for whatever you might need to make your trip that extra bit more enjoyable. They even arranged for a full-day tour to Kintamani for us - very reasonably priced and with the most amusing driver. They are also extremely honest - we left money in the room as a tip, but they didn't even touch it! The best part is they are ALWAYS smiling, polite and eager to help, without being intrusive.
The villa was spacious, clean and wayyyyyy past all of our expectations! I can be quite the stickler for cleanliness, so I was quite impressed. The bathrooms were huge and always provided with a mosquito coil lit before dark to keep the mozzies at bay. Even though it's an outdoor concept, it's not too close to nature for people who prefer to keep a very comfortable distance away from nature. The reasonably-sized pool, complimentary fruit basket, soft drinks and bottled water that greeted us once we arrived were also a welcoming sight. The location is also good - a 5-10min drive away from Ubud's city centre and fairly near an artist's village. You don't even have to walk - the free transport they provided on demand to/from Ubud (and from our previous hotel to Nefatari, as well as to the airport) was major plus point in our book. (Do note that the free shuttle service back from Ubud is until 10.30pm, which is not an issue since most shops in Ubud would've been closed before then.) Furthermore, it's nestled in an area that is so tranquil, quiet and calm - which really makes for a very relaxing respite from our harsh urbanscape. Overall, at these rates, it's extremely value for money. Great for families as well.
Daily breakfast (which is complimentary, btw) was fresh and sumptuous. I especially liked how their syrup for the pancakes had that extra woody punch (from being prepared over a firewood stove, maybe?). And it doesn't hurt that everything we tried on the menu is good! Afternoon tea was also spot on.
Spa is reasonably priced, though it was a pity we didn't get to try out their services as we had planned since our stay was short and we spent most of the day in Ubud out and about. (Their spas are only open from 9am-6pm.)
Definitely will be back here again!
Thank you Mr Made and all your staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benefits: Daily full Breakfast served from : 7:00 - 13:00 pm Free Airport Transfer In-Out Welcome drink upon arrival Complimentary mini-bar in the room On-demand shuttle service to and from Ubud Fruit basket in the room upon arrival One complimentary dinner on the evening of your choice Bottle of French or Australian wine. Afternoon tea/coffe served wit a variety of pastries from : 13:00 - 19:00 pm Special wedding gift. Located amidst verdant rice paddies, NEFATARI consists of five villas, three single units and two family villas. The villas are constructed in traditional Balinese design using indigenous materials such as stone, teakwood, camphor wood and bamboo. Each villa is finished with a naturally insulating, fragrant Balinese "alang-alang" roof. Nefatari is approximately a 50-minutes drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and is located in the upland area of Ubud, know worldwide as Bali's artistic and cultural heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Nefatari Exclusive Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Hotel Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Hotel
- Nefatari Exclusive Ubud
- Nefatari Exclusive Villas Ubud, Bali