“Photography Heaven” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #115 of 192 Hotels in Ubud
Perth, Australia
“Photography Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went with a small group of like-minded photographers, and we had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The surroundings were lovely - with lots of rice paddies, rice planters and sunsets and sunrises to keep us amused. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast each morning was delicious. We had dinner there 4 nights, and I might say it was sheer laziness because we couldn't be bothered going out after our full days around the mountains and lakes, but the food was quite acceptable if not innovative. We asked for a personalized tour through the rice paddies, jungle and river - and that's what we got!! A real adventure, and some great photo opportunities.

Room Tip: The villas are more private, but saying that we thought there were few people staying because we nev...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LucyBarbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I think the Balinese gods must e playing with me in this trip.......... I moved here from Ubud town to be more surrounded by nature. Well here I was surrounded by nature for sure but the hotel looks run down. Rooms are small ( I stayed in a standard room) I had a much bigger room and much nicer room in Ubud for less that half the price I paid here.

Cleanliness was average, not as clean as that last place I stayed, lots of ants in my room, no lockable cupboard or safe in the room, sheets were cheap and scratchey, breakfast was fine.

Spa only opens at noon.
So I lazed by the pool which is in a beautiful setting among rhe rice fields, i was only by the pool a few mins and a guy came bu spraying peaticides only a few feet from my head, ( inhaling that stuff isnt good) so I moved to the other side of the pool, there was lot of construction going on at this hotel and next there were heaps of workman around the pool and lots of construction activity happening nearby!!! Grrr

Location I found it to be to far from town at least 15 mins drive. Although there is a shuttle to and from town.

Service was nothing special, my massage landed up being late......... Really I mean these guys have far from nailed it on the hospitality front!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank spiritwithin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has real impact. Wonderful situation surrounded by rice fields and lots of unique character. It was spotlessly clean but rooms a little tired; this did not detract from the whole experience of the very special feeling of this place. Just what I needed to help finish off a memorable visit on Bali.
The ladies in the spa really helped us to relax and listening to distant thunder and birds singing whilst experiencing a divine hot stone massage is an enduring memory.
Only 2 comments which I feel would have improved my score. Firstly the
Menu looks like it has been produced for a roadside cafe and does not fit the overall feel of the hotel. Food was good, tasty and well cooked but I really feel sometime needs to be spent up grading the choice and range to enable a better dining experience.
Secondly, more shade needed around the largest of the pools as it is rather exposed and only 2 parasols. The situation is idyllic though and I would have wanted to spend longer relaxing there but it became too hot.
I would return to this place and although it is not in Obud I would say it gives the ideal balance to enable you to retreat from a days exploration of that rather full on town.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Vickie B
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent 5 nights in the Bhanuswari and our imopression is that it is an absolute great place for relaxing, spa, etc. It is what you would call a 'boutique' hotel in the middle of rice paddies in the Ubud area. The infinity swimming pools overlooking the rice fields are amazing, the sense of calm and relax you could get there is second to none, and on top of all that, you can have incredible spa sessions in that great setting, hearing the animals in the wild whilst you pamper yourself with one of their treatments.

Furthermore, the staff is attentive, helpful, nice and friendly. On top of helping us with several trips/excursions, they helped me organize a birthday cake and flowers to my girlfriend and they all were very involved :-).

The hotel itself is in fantastic condition, and if the only thing that might put you off is the location, never mind. They have free transfers to and from Ubud for guests, so you are in town in about 20 minutes.

If all the stated above sounds good, the price is even better. Just shop around a bit and you'll find very good deals, even in their own website.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dsalva
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We spent 4 nights here during early March, Bhanuswari definitely exceeded our expectations on virtually all counts. We had one of the deluxe rooms, loved the spacious bathroom and tub. I was very pleasantly surprised by the food, we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner while there. Food ranged from western usuals to really good local favorites and was very reasonably priced. There are two excellent pools and while we were there they were pretty far along with construction of it looked like maybe 20 new rooms. My one complaint would be the quality of the massage. The price was affordable but we both left disappointed, given the reputation of massages in the area.

Room Tip: I'd recommend springing the extra $10 a night for the "deluxe" rooms, it was nice bein...
Coolangatta, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the Nyepi holiday which involves a day of total shut-down for Bali, including all transport. We thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to watch the pre new year parade with all the ugly ogah ogah's in the nearby village. Our room was spacious and comfortable and very quiet. Only inconvenience I would mention is a very slow if non existent Internet from the rooms. A little better in the lobby. Overall we were happy although it may be a little far out for those looking for more activities and/or entertainment from their holiday. Great 'away from it all' venue for a short stay.

Room Tip: Upstairs villa room offered a peaceful view and a semi outdoor bathroom. Spacious with an outdoor ba...
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The staff was really friendly and it was obvious that they wanted us to have a lovely stay. Thanks to everyone again! The hotel is not in Ubud centre, it is located 10-15 minutes from Ubud but we regarded that as a real advantage. There is a free pick up and drop off service to Ubud and back to the hotel (until 10.30pm), you only have to call the reception. We never waited more than 15 minutes in the city. The drivers were also very friendly. The hotel was surrounded by rice fields and far from the agitation of the city. Unfortunately not all the rice fiels were green as it was the harvest time. The two swimming pools were very nice and the garden was perfectly maintained. There were lots of beautiful flowers and butterflies. However the buildings are a bit old and would need a good clean/painting. Our room was great (I think we were upgraded in a deluxe room...), the bed was huge and comfortable. But the cupboards were not really clean so if you are after a spotless room it can be disappointing. We didn't really mind because there were lots of kind thoughts (nice flowers on the bed every morning). Breakfast menu was good (tea or coffee with fresh juice or fruit platter and your choice of toats, muesli, pancakes - there were delicious- french toasts, fried, scrambled or boiled eggs, nasi goreng...). Even if there is less variety than a buffet breakfast, you won't be disappointed. Be just careful with the tours offered by the hotel as you have to pay extra costs for the activities (temples, dance) and it's not really clear on the flyer. On the whole we had a good time and enjoyed the staff's friendliness

1 Thank JadePerth_974