When we walked into our villa it definitely had the wow factor. A plunge pool all of our very own, flat screen tv, four poster bed and a wonderful outdoor bath. The villa had a modern Balinese aesthetic that was very nice. It was an oasis away from the craziness of Ubud - 'taxi taxi TAXI?'
We stayed in a villa overlooking the garden/rice paddies/restaurant and the view was very nice when we weren't lazing around on the bed. Only real negative worth mentioning is that the tea/coffee facilities are very mediocre. Sachets of Nescafe and creamer dont shout 5 star to me. Perhaps coffee plungers/coffee pots and fresh milk (or UHT) should be made available so guests can enjoy a nice cup of coffee in bed?
The people working here are nice. However, at times genuine smiles were few and far between. We were also taken aback about the gentle interrogation about our plans on a couple of different occasions - and felt it wasn't just idle curiosity or interest in what we were up to. It wasn't a good feeling at the time and it still leaves a bad taste.
Saying this, we hung around the restaurant/garden the next day (late flight) and the staff took good care of myself and Mr Josh! Also having the luggage room was very handy. Another plus was that we able to access the regular free shuttle service even though we had technically checked out.
Breakfast was pretty good, an a la carte menu with about 5-6 different options. I must say though I prefer a buffet breakfast (I like to eat a lot of fruit). The view from the top floor of the restaurant was spectacular - overlooking rice paddies and the grounds. The grounds themselves are well kept and allow for sweeping views. The pool looked pretty good too - although we only used our private pool to swim in. Oh yeah, they provide free afternoon tea between 4 and 5pm which was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the verdant hillsides of Ubud, Ubud Village Resort & Spa is a perfect Balinese hideaway for romantic couples, honeymooners and families alike. Overlooking an expanse of gorgeous terraced rice paddies, Ubud Village Resort and Spa has a relaxing atmosphere throughout which is further enhanced by excellent service and guest amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, ACCOR, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ubud Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ubud Village Resort And Spa
- The Ubud Village Hotel Ubud
- The Ubud Village Resort & Spa Bali