“fabulous hotel and staff”

Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa
Ranked #21 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here for 4 nights in Deluxe Awan rooms overlooking the beautiful rice terraces from a balcony. Rooms huge and all 4 poster beds with tv/dvd/mini bar/tea-coffee facilities-breakfasts huge and great range to chose from and a lovely complimentary afternoon tea. Staff were so friendly and not overbearing at all but genuinely wanting to help out as much as possible-one morning our wake up call was slightly late and I was presented with a bouquet of flowers as an apology! The free shuttle service excellent and we used the bikes to go cycling around the surrounding villages and rice terraces. We used a driver from the hotel to visit the north and Lake Batur and he was superb. It was great to return to this beautiful peaceful place after the madness of central Ubud! Definitely would stay here again-hotel airport shuttle inexpensive too. Receptionist Siwi and Siru and Made (trainee waiter) were all lovely!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank miffycat15
There are newer reviews for Junjungan Ubud Hotel and Spa

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great rooms, nice small pool, very friendly and efficient service, excellent breakfast, great SPA, very reasonable prices (both accomodation and SPA).
The only very small disadvantage is location - it is a bit off the center, but the hotel provides free shuttle service (from early morning until around 10pm) to and from Ubud and the ride takes just 5 minutes.

2  Thank berzini
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The staff is very helpful and professional. The hotel is beautiful away from the noise and crowd of Ubud centre but connected with a free shuttle service. Spacious and comfortable rooms with small terraces overlooking rice fields. Clean and spacious bathroom. Great complimentary afternoon tea and excellent breakfast.
In house good quality SPA.
The food of the restaurant is decent. It could be slightly improved.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The only reason I'm giving this hotel 4 stars and not 5 is because it was my first visit to Ubud and Bali, so I can't really compare.
Stayed for 3 days with my wife in Deluxe Awan Room. The room was great. It had a ceiling of about 5 meters high so the air in the room was always fresh. In fact we never used the air con! The hotel staff was very helpful and genuinely friendly. Restaurant food and service was great. Massage I had in the spa was the best I've ever had in my life.
All in all, I think its a perfect spot for a couple visiting Ubud for the first time.
P.S. The hotel looks great on the pictures here, but it is much better in real life!

Room Tip: rooms on the first floor have bigger ceilings
2  Thank marzhun
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I thought the location and hotel were beautiful and staff too, but it was a bit much every time you came out of the room (our room was in the same level as the reception) there was two three people bowing at you. I know it's polite, but a bit much after a while, felt like couldn't relax. Same in the breakfast / restaurant, I was "disturped" ten times by excuse me mam when bringing cutlery, drinks, tea, juice whatever (all separately) They collected things straight after you had your last bite, not when both of us had finished. Felt like you were watched all the time and as the hotel was fairly quiet, felt like couldn't talk or laugh too much, cause people were watching every second.
Free shuttle bus was great as there is no really other ways of getting to Ubud. I did have to call a few times as they were 20min - 0.5h late, but can't complain it was free.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Spent our first three nights in Bali in this boutique-like hotel. The staff is very friendly and eager to help. A shuttle into town is readily available and always on time. Our room overlooked picturesque rice paddies. The breakfast that came with the room was beautifully served and delicious. The room was spacious and dotted with fresh flowers leaving a welcome scent to come "home" to. Overall extremely pleased.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went with my Aunt & Uncle end Apr '12 to visit my cousin (their son), who has been staying in Ubud for 6months now. Its our 1st time there for all of us...heard so much & believe me I have NOT heard A single bad comment abt Bali till date! Very few places you get 100% good reviews on! So we were def looking fwd to the trip & to visit my cuz - it was 4days at Ubud, Bali only. We came back with BIG smiles and we def see ourselves going back to Bali. The people are lovely, life is simple & peaceful. There is this amazing energy abt the place, which you cant pen it completely - you'll need to be there to feel it! We stayed at Junjungan at Ubud. My cuz booked us there since it was 2mins drive from where he was staying.

Small establishment with probably 15rooms. Small is cozy in this case - No crowd, no noise. Small allowed exclusive attention from all staff there - each of them knew our names & we were always greeted with warm & sincere smiles. Small created time & space for the staff to observe & understand our likes & dislikes with food, house-keeping, etc. In a matter of 4days they knew our usuals & picked up that my cuz is a veg. Oh but small doesn't apply to the size of their rooms - HUGE! The bathroom is proportionately as big. I cant say enough of the size of the Balinese people's hearts and esp the staff. Def NOT small!

A point to note its a spa hotel - the staff places chrysanthemum flowers around the place to give off spa feel. They have spa rooms as well for the mandatory body massages & spa treats. There is nothing but well-kept foliage all over the place with water used all over to maintain the spa mode feel of the place. From the balcony of our rooms, we face the rice padi fields which is just so soothing to see - sit back & enjoy attitude to be applied. I have attached pictures for you to see.

I am still not done with how beautiful this place is - they make the best food EVER! Its all fresh from the juices to the pastries to the tea to the food! They make the best desserts! They have complimentary tea - comes with beverage & pastries. Loved them all! I really think the unique selling point is their secret ingredients - warmth & sincerity. The pancakes are unbelievable and def recommend one-time try when you order breakfast.

I recommend as romantic destination for couples or bunch of girlfriends. Overall excellent hospitality, YUM YUM food esp the desserts, beautiful view of the green fields - please book this place when in Ubud & rent a bike to commute. I cant think of any negative points of this place to mention btw!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family