1,278 results
All reviews cascades restaurant terrace villa our honeymoon lembah spa private pool coffee machine main pool swim up bar pure luxury a la carte breakfast heaven on earth half day tour car service amazing hotel coffee plantation golf buggy huge bed
Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I just stayed at The Viceroy during our stay in Ubud in the middle of November for our honeymoon. We initially had a pool suite which was wonderful. Having your own little pool is such a treat in the humidity of Bali. Upon our arrival, there was a personalized note laid upon our bed with red roses arranged in a heart and a small gift of an elephant statue. Elephants are my favorite animal so I was thrilled! In addition to the lovely gifts, we were given a welcome dessert on a plate with "Happy Honeymoon" written in chocolate and two welcome drinks. The next day we went to explore Ubud, and when we came back, the hotel manager, Jero, offered us a room upgrade for free! We then moved to a Pool Terrace room which had a private infinity pool and veranda that overlooks the jungle below. It was breathtaking!! Every staff member SO friendly, kind, and accommodating. I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. It's luxurious, dreamy, and a relaxation haven. It's also very close to the center of Ubud, about a 10-minute drive and the hotel offers transportation to and from wherever you need to go. If you go to Ubud and are looking for a once in a lifetime place to stay, this is your spot!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As a travel blogger having traveled all around the world, and stayed at over 300 hotels I don't say things like this very often but "Wow!"
I can easily say that Viceroy is the best hotel I've ever stayed at in the the world so far.
I stayed at the Deluxe Terrace Pool Villa which is almost the size of my apartment in LA.:) It was huge and super comfy with a double king bed, a bathtub, a private pool with the best Ubud views and a cabana.
The food was also amazing.
The hotel also has a shuttle service to the center of Ubud which is very convenient when you feel like going out.
I can't recommend Viceroy highly enough. I'm sooo looking forward to going back over there.

Room tip: best views, best food, best service
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I began our two week Bali honeymoon at the Viceroy and we wish we could relive every second of our experience there. From the moment our private transport picked us up at the airport to the moment we were dropped off at the beach to begin the next leg of our trip, the staff at the Viceroy exceeded all expectations. We were greeted with a genuine smile and were treated like family. Even though our travel plans had us arrive at the Viceroy after 1 a.m., we were met with more smiling faces, fresh flowers and juices, and were provided a thorough tour of our villa. 24 hour room service and a private heated pool didn't hurt either! Truth be told, I would normally provide the names of exceptional employees when I review, but there was not a single member of the Viceroy team who was not exceptional and who did not go out of his or her way to make us feel at home.

The villa was exquisite. We had a villa on the top row (total of 3 rows) with a spectacular view of the forest from high above. We were able to wake up and watch the sunrise from our pool on most mornings. The bed was massive and extremely comfortable. The shower was perfect and there was a nice spa tub that the staff filled with rose buds and plumerias as a special treat for my wife on our honeymoon.

We enjoyed in-room spa service and excursions to hike the rice terraces and go white water rafting. They even rented us motor bikes on a couple of days so that we could explore beautiful Ubud. (The Sacred Monkey Forest and The Palace are both highly recommended.)

The Viceroy booked us reservations at the best restaurants in Ubud (some recommended by the Viceroy, others that we had researched). They provided private car service to and from central points where we could easily walk to restaurants or anywhere else we wanted to go.

I could go on and on but suffice is to say that the Viceroy made our honeymoon and happiness their priority and it was a dream come true because of their efforts. The first class service, setting, and facilities were everything we could have hoped for and we cannot wait to visit them again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at viceroy and wish to stay longer. The villa, the vibes, the staff and the food , everything was perfect.
Everyone treats you like a royalty.
I highly recommended viceroy for honeymoon, anniversary and also healing vacation (from stress) cause it’s located in ubud which is little bit far away from main city of bali.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another one ticked off the bucket list.
We stayed for 3 nights but wish it was longer. The hotel very kindly upgraded us to the Viceroy Villa which was just wow!.
Service was amazing all through the stay. No concerns or complaints about the hotel at all. There is some construction happening at the moment but the noise was not intrusive even though we were almost next door.
The staff were all wonderful we felt very spoilt and a little sad when we left
Hope to go back again soon

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple